Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:49 pm
I just got a good idea for the Skirmish Part of the Army in a Estragon Island Campaign. 10 Black Orcs with a Boss armed in Great Weapons, 10 Black Orcs with boss Armed in Additional Hand Weapons, and 15 Big' Uns with a Boss and with Choppas and Shields.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:10 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
I just got a good idea for the Skirmish Part of the Army in a Estragon Island Campaign. 10 Black Orcs with a Boss armed in Great Weapons, 10 Black Orcs with boss Armed in Additional Hand Weapons, and 15 Big' Uns with a Boss and with Choppas and Shields.
Sounds good... I have decided to convert the orks I got into feral orks for 40K. Now i have to figure what to do with the chariots...  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:46 pm
Lozt_1
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Sounds good... I have decided to convert the orks I got into feral orks for 40K. Now i have to figure what to do with the chariots...

Well, the Sides can be used to make good orc walls, as they look very crude.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:33 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1
Drachyench_The_Eternal

if you have the time, you can cheaply make ork walls from twigs. glue them together, wrap some string around it to make it look tied, glue that, paint and coat the whole thing in varnish to lower the effect of decay, and you got yourself a free/ cheap orc wall.  

Ophiuchus

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:57 pm
Ophiuchus
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1
Drachyench_The_Eternal

if you have the time, you can cheaply make ork walls from twigs. glue them together, wrap some string around it to make it look tied, glue that, paint and coat the whole thing in varnish to lower the effect of decay, and you got yourself a free/ cheap orc wall.

Log Rams For Cheap Bastards:
Find a Suitable twig
Cut to fit unit

Defense Spikes for Cheap Bastards:
Grab A Few Small Twigs
Sharpen the edges

Boats For Cheap Bastards:
Find some twigs
Cut to similar shapes
Add String to hold Twigs
Glue String to Twigs.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:51 pm
Cool...  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:22 pm
Well, I personally like the 'Ardboyz army better, as it has more hard hitting troops. I mean, an Army of all Big' Uns and Black Orcs is pretty tough.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:31 pm
okay so I got a bunch of the older gobbos and orks also two starter sets worth of orc units. The army book also all the empire stuff. In a huge trade a lot dont arrive until next week with luck so i will have an orc and gobbo list next week. and a equally sized empire list also. So I am stickin it out with fantasy until I find a reason not to like it... But I wont give up on 40K... Just switch out from time to time...  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:29 pm
Found a Good orc unit:
30 Big' Un Savage Orcs
Warpaint
Shield
Full Command
Noggs Banner Of Butchery
6 Wide by 5 Back

Thats a unit that, on the charge, using the banner, gives out 19 WS4 S5 attacks. That hurts!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:08 pm
That sounds vicious. I may give it a go. I think I may have enough units to make about 4 core units but don't know yet. I know I will have two chariots. I also got Skarsnik and his gobbla. Is he any good? and where are his rules? My first orc... he will drive the chariot... I have got to learn to use this cam...

User Image

User Image  

Lozt_1

KroqGar

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:09 pm
Does anyone do convertions?  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:28 pm
I have a fun little goblin and snot army. It tends to be very...well funny. I call it the GLA or the Goblin Liberation Front. I need more arcers though, thats where goblins really shine. But anyway, with my wolf riders and goblin mobs my army seriously looks like it came out of a terrorist training camp. I'm debating on wether or not to make my goblins islamic and arm them with grot blastas to make them 40k legal.  

Asurimon

Faeruithir

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:32 pm
Asurimon
I have a fun little goblin and snot army. It tends to be very...well funny. I call it the GLA or the Goblin Liberation Front. I need more arcers though, thats where goblins really shine. But anyway, with my wolf riders and goblin mobs my army seriously looks like it came out of a terrorist training camp. I'm debating on wether or not to make my goblins islamic and arm them with grot blastas to make them 40k legal.

the only main problem with an army like this is that when it has to fight minotaurs or beastmen shaman, it generally goes "squish". ah, brings back memories...  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:12 pm
Asurimon

Don't forget Rowdy Grots Banner for your battle standard!  

Drachyench

Lozt_1

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:27 pm
I have a small list I think...

30 arrers (Will convert ten into regular orcs with choppas)
30 Orcs with one choppa
30 orcs with one choppa
20 Nite Gobz with bows musician, 3 fanatics, 5 netters.
2 chariots orc
Skarsnik and gobbla (May use as regular NG shaman)
1 Warboss on foot. (no clue for gear as of yet)
1 optional boar riding ork.(as above)

Want to add 60-90 savage orcs
20 more nite gobs to fill out this unit.
another chariot
possibley a squig herd but I want to try to keep it as many orcs as I can and only want the one unit of NG... So any thoughts welcomed...  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff