Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonlightSun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:32 pm
Jerhien
Yeesh, seems like everyone is hung up on warmachines blaugh
Personally when I play empire I prefer to take a lot of hand to hand troops.
I'd get a unit of greatswordsmen. Str 5 attacks and a 4+ armor save can go a loooong way for you, especially when you consider that the unit is stubborn as well (they ALWAYS make leadership tests on there unmodified leadership, regardless of how bad they lose combat).
Also Flagellants are an AMAZING unit that no one seems to use anymore. Granted they're weapon skill 2 but they've got flails so they're the str 5 for the first round of every combat they engage in. Not to mention they're T-4, have 2 attacks apiece, and are unbrakeable fir 11 points per model...What I'm saying is that Empire has the best swarm in the game, and it's flagellants.
You should also really be looking into detachments for some of your core squads. I personally wouldn't use free company as a detachments. I'm a big fan of the Handgunner detachment (I.E. up to half your unit strength of handgunners that can stand and shoot against there parent units attackers REGARDLESS of normal stand and shoot rules and don't sufer -1 to hit for firing on a charging unit.)
Pretty nasty when your enemy charges your greatswords and takes 10 str 4 rifle shots as a consequence.
If you want a hand to hand detachment (seeing as you automatically flank if you choose to bring the detachment around to close combat) Halberdiers or swordsman are pretty nasty.
Of course you'll want to make all of your parent and independent units have 20 models (more if you like).
The hellblaster is awesome at mowing down incoming enemy cavalry and heavy foot troops.
If I think of anything else I'll be sure to post it, hope I helped!
Thanks! You sure know you're stuff!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:32 pm
oh garsh redface

I just play too much! Glad I could help out.  

Jerhien

MoonlightSun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:23 am
Jerhien
oh garsh redface

I just play too much! Glad I could help out.
Thanks again!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:31 pm
MoonlightSun
Jerhien
Long post
The trouble is when jerhin post theres nothing really lef tto say so it kinda kinlls the convo.  

Traitor Jacknife

MoonlightSun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:40 pm
Traitor Jacknife
MoonlightSun
Jerhien
Long post
The trouble is when jerhin post theres nothing really lef tto say so it kinda kinlls the convo.
LOL it's true I've seen him kill like 15 since these threads started!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:44 pm
gonk
redface
stressed
domokun

Sorry! A little too enthusiastic I guess! lol. Well anyway, how are you liking the empire so far? What do you think about Valten? (I think he's pretty neat myself)...  

Jerhien

MoonlightSun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:26 am
Jerhien
gonk
redface
stressed
domokun

Sorry! A little too enthusiastic I guess! lol. Well anyway, how are you liking the empire so far? What do you think about Valten? (I think he's pretty neat myself)...
Never tried him!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:06 am
MoonlightSun
Jerhien
gonk
redface
stressed
domokun

Never tried him!

you might wanna refrase that...  

Seraphine-Exalted

MoonlightSun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:30 pm
BUMP  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:35 pm
My thoughts on the Empire: I like the detachments rule a lot. It really adds some flexibility. A lot of my other opinions have been already been spoken for.  

Nehalem

Jerhien

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:36 pm
Yeah Detachments are cool....I've been playing a lot of skirmish with my empire lately...Having a LOT of fun with it. What's everyone else been playing lately?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:34 pm
sry to let you all down but Valton got killed by archeon in the storm of chaos campaign and then Grimore ironhide came in and beat the crap out of archeon go to the storm of chaos homepage to find out.  

Syrider

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:37 pm
Syrider
sry to let you all down but Valton got killed by archeon in the storm of chaos campaign and then Grimore ironhide came in and beat the crap out of archeon go to the storm of chaos homepage to find out.

No, a skaven assassin killed Valten..  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:38 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Syrider

No, a skaven assassin killed Valten..
Sounds more reasonable because wasn't valten's destiny to defeat Archaon er something (I don't know that much about him!)  

MoonlightSun

Syrider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:40 pm
oh my bad forgot about that DAMN SKAVEN and there ratling guns there soooo anoying  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff