Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Topic, Expand! :: Interpretations of Alice in Ballet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of ballet, in general?
  I don't understand the grandeur surrounding it. I hate it. =_=;
  While generally I wouldn't consider myself someone who enjoys ballet, I'm not extremely opposed to it. If the subject is interesting, I'm interested.
  I'm neutral; I have no extreme feelings either way about ballet.
  I've never been to the ballet/seen it before!
  While it isn't my favorite form of dramatic interpretation, I do enjoy the occasional ballet.
  I love it!!!! My favorite form of dramatic expression!
View Results

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:01 pm
Lady March Hare
Hello, everyone. Now, if you're like me, you just love the ballet. And if you don't like the ballet, well HA you're not getting off that easily; you're still like me. I know because you're here.

The Washington Ballet's ALICE (in wonderland)

Linked above is a review for the ballet ALICE (in wonderland), which is, you might have guessed, an interpretation of Alice in Wonderland. It's a positive review, by the way, and while I haven't seen it myself, I'm going to be scouring the internet in pursuit of somewhere to watch it. It looks and sounds spectacular; with costumes designed by one of the minds behind Cirque du Soleil and an athletic, open interpretation of what is required for a ballet, I'm just dying to see this unique interpretation.

So, what do you think? Have any of you seen this interpretation of Alice? Want to see it? What do you think of the idea of merging something so traditionally structured (ballet) with something so whimsical and unfettered as Wonderland?

I'm going to keep searching for information about this; I'll share if I find anything new! ^_^b
[/quote

Alice in Wonderland and Ballet sign me up! xd I would love to go thanks for sharing it biggrin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:13 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
Alice in Wonderland and Ballet sign me up! xd I would love to go thanks for sharing it biggrin

It does feel like a delightful combination, doesn't it? XD If you get a chance to see it in person, let us know! I'm on the hunt for people who have seen it and a little more content so I can flesh out this thread... thus far, I'm not having much luck. >_>;;;

Enough of my lameness! Is there anything in particular you're looking forward to seeing from this ballet?

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:38 am
Lady March Hare
Victoria Whitechapel

It does feel like a delightful combination, doesn't it? XD If you get a chance to see it in person, let us know! I'm on the hunt for people who have seen it and a little more content so I can flesh out this thread... thus far, I'm not having much luck. >_>;;;

Enough of my lameness! Is there anything in particular you're looking forward to seeing from this ballet?

Are they preforming around the country ? I would love to see if they are going to be anywhere near me.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:37 pm
How neat, It looks like this is an interesting version of Alice in Wonderland. I would love to see something like this , its always nice to look at different adaptions of the Alice in Wonderland story.  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:50 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
Are they preforming around the country ? I would love to see if they are going to be anywhere near me.

Hmmm... not from what I can tell. According to their official site for the ballet, it was playing April 11-15th in the Kennedy Center and/or the Eisenhower Theater (I don't know the landscape of that area, so feel free to correct me, haha!) Maybe if it did well enough, they'll travel with it?

*has no idea how you find out such information, but vows to go about finding out how*

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:52 pm
Kahlan_BrightBlade
How neat, It looks like this is an interesting version of Alice in Wonderland. I would love to see something like this , its always nice to look at different adaptions of the Alice in Wonderland story.

Agreed! It's always so interesting to see how people take something so classic and interpret it in a new, fresh way. 3nodding  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:10 pm
Oh, yay! If you live in Hawaii, you're in luck! According to this article from Hawaii 24/7, there's an Alice ballet being put on on May 27th! The article mostly includes information such as show times, but it looks cute. whee I've added it to the OP!

Also, just to note: the thread's title has been changed, just so we can expand a little more on this topic and continue to included new, interesting content to discuss! ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:18 pm
I want to see it so bad crying  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:47 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
I want to see it so bad crying

Agreed! I'd love to watch several different ones to see if some similarities show up between the different interpretations...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:15 am
Hmm a ballet version of Alice in Wonderland.. I’d certainly be interesting in seeing that. The costumes would be gorgeous, and they’d probably tells the story in an interesting way.  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:27 pm
Kahlan_BrightBlade
Hmm a ballet version of Alice in Wonderland.. I’d certainly be interesting in seeing that. The costumes would be gorgeous, and they’d probably tells the story in an interesting way.

I completely agree smile I think the story is perfectly suited for a ballet biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:07 pm
Kahlan_BrightBlade

Absolutely! And there's so much emphasis on movement in ballet instead of the spoken word, which, considering that AiW is famous for its wordplay, stands as an interesting challenge. o3o  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:23 am
Lady March Hare

Exactly, the emphasis on movement would be interesting to see since they’d have to use unique movements to go with the wordplay that’s in the story. I ‘d love to see how they’d do the Jabberwocky poem in ballet.

Victoria Whitechapel

Agreed, it really would be suited to it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:11 pm
Kahlan_BrightBlade
Exactly, the emphasis on movement would be interesting to see since they’d have to use unique movements to go with the wordplay that’s in the story. I ‘d love to see how they’d do the Jabberwocky poem in ballet.

Oooooooooooooooh... me too! It seems like it would be very dramatic! And full of roars. XD  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:31 am
Lady March Hare
Kahlan_BrightBlade

Oooooooooooooooh... me too! It seems like it would be very dramatic! And full of roars. XD

Totally! and some of the songs from the disney movie, i’d love to see them in ballet form. The Unbirthday song seems like it’d be a fun one to dance to.  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games