Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Eclectic Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:24 pm
Neko_Bast

Quote:
"Wicca is a Neo-Pagan religion embracing pre-Christian Deities,
Inaccurate, since Wicca is younger than Christianity, the worship of the Wiccan Lord and Lady is younger than Christianity.

So- within the very first sentance, we have shown that your concept of Wicca is false.
Quote:

and have a specific ritual structure that has particular methodologies for creating sacred space, working the elementals, involving the divine, and raising magickal power.
Accurate. So- prove that your practice is part of this. Prove that the rituals you practice are the same as the ones the Wiccans do.
Quote:

Wiccans follow a basic code of ethics, embodied in the Wiccan Rede: "An it harm none, do what thee wilt".
Which isn't actually the Wiccan Rede, the Rede itself is much longer. Good gods did this author mess up.
Quote:

Wiccans believe in both the positive and negative consequences of their actions, sometimes called "karma".
Which isn't karma. And here we see why I take issue with Eclectics. Yay for bastardizing concepts without a hint of scholarship applied to one's theology.

~stops right there~ Okay- here's the pathetic thing. I, a non-Wiccan, can answer a fair number of the questions Reagun posed. If your "studies" can't do that- then how the hell are the rest of us to take you seriously?

Edited to correct a typo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:25 pm
Neko_Bast
wow...you really didn't read the articles whee

Proof they're lineaged please.

Neko_Bast
Lets see..... This is an interesting question. What does qualify? I think I'll take a quote that puts it much better than I could ever wright it.
"Wicca is a Neo-Pagan religion embracing pre-Christian Deities, the holiness of nature, and the use of magick. It pays homage to both the masculine and feminine Divine, can have male and female members, and can be practiced in either solitary or group (coven) situations. Wiccans follow the eight major Sabbats of the ancient world (Samhain, Yule, Imbolc, Spring Equinox, Beltane, Midsummer, Lughnassadh, and Mabon), and have a specific ritual structure that has particular methodologies for creating sacred space, working the elementals, involving the divine, and raising magickal power. Wicca is a ceremonial religion, one that is practiced ritually, and that has certain basic ritual tools to aid in its practice. Wiccans follow a basic code of ethics, embodied in the Wiccan Rede: "An it harm none, do what thee wilt". Wiccans believe in both the positive and negative consequences of their actions, sometimes called "karma". Wiccans do not proselytize, but they will share what they know about their faith to those who seek."

I see your quote and raise you Hutton's declaration that the Lord and Lady are modern inventions which do NOT predate Christianity.

Neko_Bast
I was studying on my own from books and askind advice from people on the internet, if you must know.

What proof do you have they are lineaged Wiccan authors.

Neko_Bast
Lineaged material? Well, I don't know if what I use is Lineaged enuff for you, but once I do something once and it works I use it again. I feel that creating my own material is better than just using something that was given to me that I was told was "the right way."

You don't seem to understand what I mean.
What information from lineaged sources do you use for your mystery work, for revealing the names of the Lord and Lady.
How do you verify that the religion you're following is Wicca.

Quote:
Why are you insistant on using the term Wicca?

Why are you insisting that I can't be? I use the term Wicca because of many reasons. The main one is because when I think of my self as anything other than Wiccan it dosn't feel right. I was initiated by the God and Goddess, who are you to question them.
I am the holder of a first degree in Wicca from a lineaged coven.
The Lord and Lady of Wicca empowered me to question you on this, as laid down by them through Gardner in the 161 Rules of Wicca.

Neko_Bast
Sure, I don't know every thing.

That's nice.
Neko_Bast
I'm sure that they know things that I don't, but I don't feel the need to know them.

Still not answering my question
Neko_Bast
If I did, I would find a teacher in a lineaged coven. The main difference between them and me, in my mind, is that they all do things the same way, have secerts that I won't know, and feel the need to be told what is the right way to do things. When I'm told something is "the right way" I test it to see if it fits with me. If it does I incorporate it into my Path.

Since Wicca is a secret-having religion and since the Mysteries of Wicca grant context to the outer-court material, I'd say that that little piece of your quote just proved to me and to everyone else here that you admit to not being wiccan and that you feel that "Because I feel I'm wiccan" is enough of a justification for you.

Now, you asked me what evidence I'd accept. I gave a list of questions.
Answer them. In clear direct English.
This is not about security or insecurity it's about truth.
I'm calling you a spreader of falsehoods. The idea that Wicca is a "do what you want as long as it feels good" is a lie and it's one that I've devoted a lot of time and energy to proving to be so. You are trying to advocate and spread that lie.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:28 pm
reagun ban

Yes, I demand. Perhaps I should have put that in bold.
You most certainly do owe me something.
You are undermining the work I did for initiation by claiming it's unneccessary.

Well demand all you want. I'm saying it was unneccessary for me to be initiated by a coven. Not that it was unneccessary. So in reality I'm not undermining you work.

Quote:
Neko_Bast
I don't have to prove myself to you, because I'm not that insicure.

And that's a cop out.

No its not. I really feel no need to prove myself to you.

Quote:
Neko_Bast
You obviously didn't read the articles.

You seem to misunderstand me. Those articles are based on a major fallacy, that those who are not part of a religion (ecclectic pagans who decided to call themselves wiccan mostly because it is easier than ecclectic pagan) deciding that they are part of a religion (wicca).
Show me an article written by a LINEAGED wiccan which maintains your position or stop whining.

when I do I'll send it to you.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:29 pm
Neko_Bast

No. I'm saying that there is more to Wicca than what they know.
No, there is more to your path than what is Wiccan. A valid position. However, unless you practice recon Celtic Folk Magic, or are an Intiated Wiccan, you don't get to steal a word that does not belong to you. Next thing you know you'll be calling yourself an African American Mombi.
Quote:

Quote:
No it's not. It's insulting to you. It's like watching a Child be told no by a parent and because the toddler isn't listening, they through a pissy fit.
No I'm not, you are.
"I know you are but what am I!?" rofl rofl rofl

Quote:

Why? Because you can't see my point of veiw?
No- because your argument is full of logical fallacies, including (but not limited to): argumentum ad verecundiam, argumentum ad novitatem, Argumentum ad nauseam, Argumentum ad numerum, Straw Man, shifting the Burden of Proof, False premise... that is to say, your argument is more Holy than the Pope.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:40 pm
Neko_Bast
Well demand all you want. I'm saying it was unneccessary for me to be initiated by a coven. Not that it was unneccessary. So in reality I'm not undermining you work.

You are stating that you are Wiccan.
You are stating that you do not need to be initiated to be Wiccan.
I was initiated.
Therefore you are stating that I was initiated without need.
Tell me where that train of logic breaks down please.
Neko_Bast
No its not. I really feel no need to prove myself to you.

Whether or not you feel there is a need is irrelevant, it is there.
You need to prove it or you need to stop arguing and admit your defeat. Those are your only two choices. By posting this "argument" you lose the ability to hide behind your security.

Neko_Bast
when I do I'll send it to you.

Is that an admission that you don't actually have a leg to stand on? Oh, I think it is.....  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:46 pm
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast

"Wicca is a Neo-Pagan religion embracing pre-Christian Deities,
Inaccurate, since Wicca is younger than Christianity, the worship of the Wiccan Lord and Lady is younger than Wicca.

So- within the very first sentance, we have shown that your concept of Wicca is false.
Well, since Gardner was intiated by a coven then they, acording to you, wasn't worshiping the Lord and Lady. Do you have proff that they were created by him?

Quote:

and have a specific ritual structure that has particular methodologies for creating sacred space, working the elementals, involving the divine, and raising magickal power.
Accurate. So- prove that your practice is part of this. Prove that the rituals you practice are the same as the ones the Wiccans do.
How would I prove it when every tradition dose it slitly differently? I use the same rituals every time I do any of those said methodologies.

Quote:

Wiccans follow a basic code of ethics, embodied in the Wiccan Rede: "An it harm none, do what thee wilt".
Which isn't actually the Wiccan Rede, the Rede itself is much longer. Good gods did this author mess up. I acutally do know the rest of the Rede.

Quote:

Wiccans believe in both the positive and negative consequences of their actions, sometimes called "karma".
Which isn't karma. And here we see why I take issue with Eclectics. Yay for bastardizing concepts without a hint of scholarship applied to one's theology.

Karma: The effects of a person's past actions on his or her present and future state. Yah....that was one part I have to agree with you biggrin  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:53 pm
Neko_Bast
Well, since Gardner was intiated by a coven then they, acording to you, wasn't worshiping the Lord and Lady. Do you have proff that they were created by him?

Gardner was initiated by a Traditional English Witch's coven, not a Wiccan coven. Since it is historically dictated by Hutton in "The Triumph of the Moon" that The Lord and Lady of Wicca did NOT exist before the invention Wicca, which was invented in the fifties, we don't need to prove anything. The burden of proof is on you.

Neko_Bast
How would I prove it when every tradition dose it slitly differently? I use the same rituals every time I do any of those said methodologies.

Right. Prove that your rituals match up to any valid tradition of wicca.

Neko_Bast
I acutally do know the rest of the Rede.

Which is irrelevant as it does NOT sum up the rules of Wicca. You'd need the 161 rules of Wicca for that.

Neko_Bast
Karma: The effects of a person's past actions on his or her present and future state. Yah....that was one part I have to agree with you biggrin

Why haven't you included Dharma in that?
No definition (other than the fallacious bastardised western versions) of Karma makes sense without Dharma?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:53 pm
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast

No, there is more to your path than what is Wiccan. A valid position. However, unless you practice recon Celtic Folk Magic, or are an Intiated Wiccan, you don't get to steal a word that does not belong to you. Next thing you know you'll be calling yourself an African American Mombi.
I have no idea what a Mombi is but that is funny. ^-^

Quote:
"I know you are but what am I!?" rofl rofl rofl

lol xd

Quote:

Why? Because you can't see my point of veiw?
No- because your argument is full of logical fallacies, including (but not limited to): argumentum ad verecundiam, argumentum ad novitatem, Argumentum ad nauseam, Argumentum ad numerum, Straw Man, shifting the Burden of Proof, False premise... that is to say, your argument is more Holy than the Pope. aparenly it's not becaues there is a large magority of people that think the same way.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:57 pm
Neko_Bast

You fail to grasp that Witchcraft is not Wicca.

Gardner was intiated into a Witchcraft Coven. He created his religion.

Quote:
Except you don't invoke the same goddess and god for one. When was the last time you did the five fold kiss? You're not practicing a religion based on Wicca with a couple things added, you are practicing your personal concept of religion with a couple Wiccan things added. I am not a paramedic because I can do CPR, a Paramedic does CPR because he is a paramedic with that skill. Understand?

Quote:
Which supports my point: Your source is invalid.

Quote:
That isn't what Karma is.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:59 pm
reagun ban
Quote:

Which is irrelevant as it does NOT sum up the rules of Wicca. You'd need the 161 rules of Wicca for that.

Wow....I found it on the internet...... xd Guess I shoud read it.

Quote:
Quote:

Why haven't you included Dharma in that?
No definition (other than the fallacious bastardised western versions) of Karma makes sense without Dharma?

the quote I got that from didn't have it. but you have a point.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:05 pm
TeaDidikai
Quote:

Except you don't invoke the same goddess and god for one. When was the last time you did the five fold kiss? You're not practicing a religion based on Wicca with a couple things added, you are practicing your personal concept of religion with a couple Wiccan things added. I am not a paramedic because I can do CPR, a Paramedic does CPR because he is a paramedic with that skill. Understand?

since the five fold kiss needs someone elts to partisipate (atlest that is what I learned, if I'm wrong, sorry)I think I last did it during a ritual with my fiance.

Quote:
Quote:
Which supports my point: Your source is invalid.
that just happens to be the most popular part of the Rede.

Quote:
Quote:
That isn't what Karma is.
Sorry that was the deffinition that I knew.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:06 pm
I have to leave....I'll be back to tomarow. ^-^  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:09 pm
Neko_Bast
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast

I have no idea what a Mombi is but that is funny. ^-^
It's the title for a priestess of Vuldun. I don't see you claiming to be a Catholic Nun, or a Mombi, or another title that belongs to any of the other religions, why take Wicca? You're claim to be a Catholic Nun would be just as valid.

Quote:
Tea Didikai

No- because your argument is full of logical fallacies, including (but not limited to): argumentum ad verecundiam, argumentum ad novitatem, Argumentum ad nauseam, Argumentum ad numerum, Straw Man, shifting the Burden of Proof, False premise... that is to say, your argument is more Holy than the Pope.
aparenly it's not becaues there is a large magority of people that think the same way.
The Bolded Logical Fallacy is the one you just cited above. It means that "Having a popular opinion doesn't make you right, being right makes you right". Thus, having a lot of people agree with you doesn't make your argument any less fallicious.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:13 pm
Neko_Bast

since the five fold kiss needs someone elts to partisipate (atlest that is what I learned, if I'm wrong, sorry)I think I last did it during a ritual with my fiance.
Now, what is the context of the Five Fold Kiss?

Quote:
that just happens to be the most popular part of the Rede.
So? That doesn't make your source accurate.

Quote:
Sorry that was the deffinition that I knew.
So, if you are wrong about that due to lack of study, what else in Wicca are you wrong about? At what point do you have so much that is not Wicca that it becomes a different religion?  

TeaDidikai

Operation Shoestring

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:47 pm
Bast, would you quit PISSING on the YEAR(s) of dedicated study serious wiccans have to go through in preparation for initiation?

Mod, someone pull that livejournal essay on "self granting degrees"  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces