Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Genea

Crew

Sexy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:24 am
Re: fat Diedrich

I wash myself with a raaaag on a stiiiiick.

xD

Btw I rather like him.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:40 am
Kiaori Moon Warrior
"Hate" is a strong word. I just don't like him.

Ditto.
I don't hate him.
I just feel he's worn out his welcome.  

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:22 am
Dierich is the best thing to happen to gaia. The best! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:41 am
___● I don't understand why he's split gaia so thoroughly. What did he do?!

No srsly, I'm not caught up with the manga.

acn period

Beloved Noob

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:26 am
acn period

It's nothing in the comics, the reason he's so polarizing is just his particular brand of...humor...or humorless ironic lack of it.

Basically, he's "funny" because he's "not".

Get it? It's ironic!

Also most people hate him because after he was introduced he was in about 8 events the first year he was a character. And even given his so-so popularity, has been handed every opportunity to be in every event they want him in, where as any other character who is not /extremely/ popular is left to rot out of "lack of interest".

blah blah blah h8ing on fictional characters blah blah blah  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:42 am
I think Diedrich's unfunny-ness is more entertaining that a lot of Gaia's deliberate jokes.

Generally, I don't really care about Gaia's characters though *shrug*  

Sairalinde Telemnar

Star Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:05 am
Sairalinde Telemnar
I think Diedrich's unfunny-ness is more entertaining that a lot of Gaia's deliberate jokes.

emotion_facepalm

He IS a deliberate joke.

By being "not funny" from the get-go, he is intended to be a humorous joke character, mostly playing off un-funny ironic statements and the air morbidity that followed him through the air ship event.

He is not MAKING the jokes, rather, his whole character is the joke, which is why a lot of people don't like him. Also because when you don't find him humorous, he's just ******** annoying, and takes up cameo space for more loved and "established" human characters.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:12 am
I don't hate Diedrich, I just like Easter bunny better blaugh
Easter event probably has something to do with Diedrich and E.bunny, that's fine, but do they have to stick him into every plot? They should focus on someone else for a change. (More Devin please?) xDDDDD  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Ooh Ooh Deja Vu

Wheezing Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:22 am
acn period

I like him because he's funny in a weird way.
And he's a bunny. I like that too. heart

I don't get into the NPC vs NPC war. If the NPC has traits that I like, then that's enough for me to support them.

Though, now I like him even more because everyone's panties get in a twist every time he shows up. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:31 am
Prince Ichi
Sairalinde Telemnar

emotion_facepalm

He IS a deliberate joke.

By being "not funny" from the get-go, he is intended to be a humorous joke character, mostly playing off un-funny ironic statements and the air morbidity that followed him through the air ship event.

He is not MAKING the jokes, rather, his whole character is the joke, which is why a lot of people don't like him. Also because when you don't find him humorous, he's just ******** annoying, and takes up cameo space for more loved and "established" human characters.

I get that he's deliberately "not funny" emotion_eyebrow

Let me re-phrase: It's because of Diedrich's "not funny" style of humor that I actually believe him to be entertaining occasionally, particularly in comparison with the rest of the humor on this website.  

Sairalinde Telemnar

Star Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:42 am
also i'm dying from a point suitor brought up

A lot of the people who like Diedrich also tend to not like Homestuck, and they're essentially the same brand of humor.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:43 am
Sairalinde Telemnar
Prince Ichi
Sairalinde Telemnar

emotion_facepalm

He IS a deliberate joke.

I get that he's deliberately "not funny" emotion_eyebrow

Let me re-phrase: It's because of Diedrich's "not funny" style of humor that I actually believe him to be entertaining occasionally, particularly in comparison with the rest of the humor on this website.
I understand what you're saying, but he's still pretty low-brow.  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Ooh Ooh Deja Vu

Wheezing Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:48 am
Prince Ichi

A lot of the people who like Diedrich also tend to not like Homestuck, and they're essentially the same brand of humor.
I must be the only one on the internet that has no idea what or who Homestruck is.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:52 am
Ooh Ooh Deja Vu
Prince Ichi

I must be the only one on the internet that has no idea what or who Homestruck is.

if you like diedrich

you would like homestuck  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:55 am
Ooh Ooh Deja Vu
Prince Ichi

Home STUCK lmao that rustles my jimmies so hard

basically it's an interactive story in the form of 2/3rds comic, 1/3rd flash. It's pretty cool, and I think it could be considered an acquired taste, the humor ranges from pretty ******** stupid, to pretty high class clever wit, which I think is lost on a lot of the people who claim to hate it after reading like....10 pages lmao. A lot of people hate it because it's popular right now, which is the most retarded reason to dislike something.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff