Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:08 pm
User Image
I never learned to type properly, but I usually type with two hands, although my right hand does most of the typing I think. It's hard to type when I'm thinking about how I type. >_<

I could never learn to touch type. One of the disadvantages I have is that I have to look at the keyboard to type. So, it can be difficult for me to type a copy of something. I have to keep looking back and forth and I lose my place. Fortunately, I don't have to do that too often, or do I?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:14 pm
I'm glad I learned to type properly when I was in school, because having to look down at the keyboard to see where my fingers are bugs the crap out of me (and makes things a lot slower).

This is also probably why I hate texting. But at least the keyboard is immediately under where I'm typing.  

Cress Sybellos

Nimble Explorer

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:31 pm
Day7
I Found A Sexy 1
emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0

I am completely horrified by how many of you don't type properly.

I type using ALL 10 FINGERS with the proper posture and everything. sweatdrop
I type fassttt. ~

What's interesting...is that those of us who type improperly can type just as fast as proper typists; the only issue is that we'll receive more long term fatigue from doing it wrong.

I had always found it amusing in high school when the teacher would tell me she was more efficient and speedy by using home row than I was doing my crazy four finger style nonsense...and so one day I challenged her to a timed writing thing (the program that checks your WPM and errors, total backspaces and whatnot)

She had 80 whereas I had 112

OH THE COCKINESS

Yeah xd my friend types using the four finger method and she's just as fast as I am. It's the carpal tunnel I'm worried about. I'm basically working on the computer all day so I have to make sure I type correctly. @__@''
So far I've been able to prevent fatigue!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:43 pm
i typo all over the ******** place, but i usually correct it before i even realize it which is weird o__o

also it depends on the keyboard. I typo way more often on my laptop than on my desktop.

3 fingers on my right hand take care of like 80% of the keyboard, my right pinky does enter, my right thumb does space. Then I used two fingers on my left and my left thumb for shift which is a really awkward maneuver now that i think about it~  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Karrna

Raider

7,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:30 am
I used to type left handed and write right handed xD

These days I type with two hands. Coding would be really slow, typing with one hand.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:10 am
[Whenever you are here, i'll always be around.]

Im horrible at typing sometimes I have to look at the keyboard User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[CarlaaEfronn Was Hereee]

Chesapeake Cannibal

Kawaii Nerd

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 am
Depends on how tired I am at the time.

or you know

like, dpends on how tired i ******** am at the time qurl  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:37 am
I usually use both hands.
Learned that way in 3rd grade when the teach would tape carboard cutouts over the keyboard and yell at us to type.
And then shame us when we didn't type accurately. Y'know, Catholic school guilt style.

I think the only time I type with one hand is if I'm doodling but I want to do a quick reply.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

An Ultimate Arse Head

Combative Fairy

18,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:01 am
I was taught how to type properly in sixth grade, though I always fall back on the four finger method. My joints in my hands partially dislocate pretty easily so typing properly can cause me some pretty bad pain. gonk

As for hints, my teacher used to make these little bench looking things out of three pieces of wood and sit them over the keyboard so we couldn't see the keys. It teaches you to rely on the positioning of your hands more so then looking at the keys.
Bonus points if you can manage that while someone bounces a stress ball off the back of your head like my teacher used to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:42 am
An Ultimate Arse Head

As for hints, my teacher used to make these little bench looking things out of three pieces of wood and sit them over the keyboard so we couldn't see the keys. It teaches you to rely on the positioning of your hands more so then looking at the keys

I used to just repeat over and over the order of the keys

So, now I can recite the entire keyboard left to right, top to bottom in order neutral  

Day7

Aged Gaian

Fox on Stilts

Aged Fox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:21 pm
I am only able to type with my left hand but that's only because I don't have the motor skills necessary to type with the other due to a birthing accident. Although I do type pretty fast with just the one hand.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:12 pm
I was taught both in Elementary and in High School computer classes to type with both hands, so if I'm typing out something in front of another person I tend to use both properly. But I usually have to slow down, otherwise I end up with a load of mistakes.

I do use both hands otherwise, I just don't rest them on the keyboard and pretty much just strike at the keys quickly while glancing at the letters every so often.  

Chixen

Sweet Witch

Catena Carswell

Magic Hobo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:41 pm
I've been touch-typing so long I tend to forget there are still people out there who can't do it. :V They made us learn to type in grammar school. Mavis ******** Beacon.

...Naturally it never clicked for me until I got an instant messenger program and started to actually, you know, HAVE to type fast. Basically the best way to learn to type properly is to just make yourself do it and do it a lot. And sit up straight and make sure you've got good wrist support.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:30 pm
I touch type, sometimes I type with my eyes closed, like now.

I taught myself to type with this game my dad gave me. It had all kinds of minigames that pertained to typing.
When I got my new keyboard, it took me sooo long to get used to typing cohesively because the keys are much flatter/smaller than my old one.  

gum disease

Carnivore

Oneide

Moonlight Senshi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:39 pm
I type with both hands and occasionally look down on the keyboard, but mostly I don't have to. I think I use all of my fingers, but I don't tend to think about which fingers I use when I type so yeah... I've always typed with two hands, but mostly that's because my parents are deaf so we had this (I have no idea what it would be called in english) phone that you typed on instead, kind of like a computer, but with none of the programs... So I had to learn early how to type, and to type fast. I do get some mistakes, but not that many. Most are just because my hands get ahead of my thoughts and I hit space to early or the letters get a little jumbled.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff