Submit

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 am

Okay, seriously, what is ghosting? I've never heard of such a thing, and I've been here since 2006. People can copy another user's avatar without having the items? How is that even possible?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:02 am
Meirelle

Okay, seriously, what is ghosting? I've never heard of such a thing, and I've been here since 2006. People can copy another user's avatar without having the items? How is that even possible?

User Image

I think it's where you have items, a saved avatar, then trade those items to a friend or something, where they can use teh items. I always thought there were securities against it, but I guess some people know how to get around it?  

Rya Dracosin

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:23 am
Rya Dracosin
Meirelle

User Image

I think it's where you have items, a saved avatar, then trade those items to a friend or something, where they can use teh items. I always thought there were securities against it, but I guess some people know how to get around it?

Oh, I see. Like trading items to a user who equips them, then trading them back to the original user while you're wearing them.

...where's the fun in that? :/

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:57 am
Meirelle
Rya Dracosin
Meirelle

User Image

Oh, I see. Like trading items to a user who equips them, then trading them back to the original user while you're wearing them.

...where's the fun in that? :/

User Image

Some people don't care about fun, they care about how they look. Some people aren't here to collect and wear items, they're just here to look good. Which is i suppose what it's about to an extent. I'd rather proudly display the items i've gotten as gifts or on my own, or however. Not some invisible items that belong to someone else...  

Rya Dracosin

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:27 am
On the general topic of obsessiveness...I may need help. I'm obsessively collecting avatar art. I think I have a problem emo

And thank you for the definition of ghosting. I've always wanted to know xD.

Twinning..well no-one has twinned mine. Nor I anyone elses...but I've been told I make people do a double take around ROM and there was the time a few years ago I got accused of copying/being Sin damn obsessive un-dead pirate fans.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:41 am
I think my only obsession is when i get an idea for an avatar, and don't have any but one or two of the items, and all the other ones are the wonderful yet hella expensive items...

I'm an arm/leg/body mod freak emo and i love CS hair...and eyes... sweatdrop  

Rya Dracosin

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Atticus Mancinelli

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:24 am
I never liked the thought of twinning. I don't want someone else to look like my avatar.

If someone is going to twin, I feel that...all right. Fine. Go ahead and dress in similar outfits. However, I feel that the twins should have certain things that are different. Straight up ghosting to look identical is silly. I would like to have the ability to change my avatar once and awhile.

...as for obsessions...eh. I think it can be seen on this avatar as a joke, but these pets are contest items I saved up for the past month.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:24 am
Halfling Heroine
[color=emo]
every once in a while i get intense flashes of WHY AM I STILL ON THIS SITE.

This happens to me too. Especially when I recently turned 18 and realized I'd been here since I was 14! gonk
I'm turning 20 and I've been here since I was 13.  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:31 am
Prince Ichi
Halfling Heroine
[color=emo]

This happens to me too. Especially when I recently turned 18 and realized I'd been here since I was 14! gonk

That makes me feel better! xd
It's not that I think there's anything wrong with adults being on Gaia, it's just that turning 18 made me realize how many years I've spent on this site.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 pm
Halfling Heroine
Prince Ichi
Halfling Heroine
[color=emo]

It's not that I think there's anything wrong with adults being on Gaia, it's just that turning 18 made me realize how many years I've spent on this site.

neutral I'm 23, and I've been here since I was 14, 9 years ago neutral  

Day7

Aged Gaian

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:59 pm
Day7
Halfling Heroine
Prince Ichi
Halfling Heroine
[color=emo]

neutral I'm 23, and I've been here since I was 14, 9 years ago neutral

Woa, now that's dedication! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:35 pm
As far as I know then ghosting is when you put on items, without saving, and then open a trade in a new window/tab and add those items as well.. Then somehow manage to start the trade and save your avi somewhat simultanously o.0 I never managed to do it, but this is what I know from people who do  

7obias

Wicked Demigod

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm
Not sure how I feel about ghosting.. it makes me feel kinda cheated when I see it.

i've never tried dressing as my friends D:  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm
Lol the most I've seen people "twin" me is when they equip a boa constrictor and tell me they're wearing my snake xd

Sometimes I think about the things I could do if I wasn't on gaia...

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:08 pm
I don't really care if someone is ghosting or not. I prefer to own all the items.

When it comes to copying avatars: Only for the "lulz".
I've never seen anyone attempt to copy me. I wouldn't care.

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff