Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Odds & Ends - the trinity of projects (40k, WM & 7TV) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:16 am
Magnets!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:10 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Magnets!
heart

Yes, magnets to the rescue. The final result is not elegant, but damn it, it works! One rare-earth magnet glued on the other side of the oval base and a stack of three glued to the bottom of the Tauros, paint those black and you won't even notice them. The result: a bond that's strong enough to hold the Tauros in place but flexible enough for me to remove the vehicle for gaming purposes or if an opponent throws a sissy fit over things.

The Tauros itself is now undergoing painting, but expect a PIP pic or two at the end of the day.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:38 am
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne
Magnets!
heart

Yes, magnets to the rescue. The final result is not elegant, but damn it, it works! One rare-earth magnet glued on the other side of the oval base and a stack of three glued to the bottom of the Tauros, paint those black and you won't even notice them. The result: a bond that's strong enough to hold the Tauros in place but flexible enough for me to remove the vehicle for gaming purposes or if an opponent throws a sissy fit over things.

The Tauros itself is now undergoing painting, but expect a PIP pic or two at the end of the day.
If your opponent throws a hissy fit, make sure to put the Tauros down on his cell phone before the game starts. pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:05 pm
As promised, some PIP shots of the first Venator on its very own magnetized base:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Still need to pick out the details, clean it up, give it a rather heavy dusting of weathering pigment and finish up the crew, but I like where this is going.

Also, yes, the model is bent, but it's a FW model, what do you expect? Besides, after my Lucius pattern Baneblade I'm a bit reluctant to try and fix bent stuff.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:18 pm
If anyone asks why it's bent, just tell them it high-centered while running over a Carnifex.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 am
Caleidah
If anyone asks why it's bent, just tell them it high-centered while running over a Carnifex.
Seeing as that's how I plan on running them, not a bad idea. pirate

In other news, still chipping away at my guys, slowly getting there with the Tauros. Might need to get a better brown weathering powder, preferably one not done by Forge World. Maybe Vallejo?

In the mean time, I've also put out an order via Miniature Market for some other Warmachine supplies: the Khador army book, a pack of Khador tokens, a set of generic Warmachine templates and a Cygnar starter with Larry Stu, a ranged 'Jack and two melee 'Jacks. Why? So we can have classic Filthy Rich Capitalistic Americans fighting against Dirty Red Comrade Russians battles. The racist church of burning people is fun, but not our cuppa tea really.

Also put in an order for two cans of Leather Brown primer and super glue at the Army Painter, just what I need to get my Realm of Battle (hopefully) done in one go. All I need now is ten packs of milliput and that thick foamboard and daddy can work on the trenches for his future trencher army.

Gah, stay on target! gonk  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:43 am
Lt. Brookman
Caleidah
Seeing as that's how I plan on running them, not a bad idea. pirate

In other news, still chipping away at my guys, slowly getting there with the Tauros. Might need to get a better brown weathering powder, preferably one not done by Forge World. Maybe Vallejo?

In the mean time, I've also put out an order via Miniature Market for some other Warmachine supplies: the Khador army book, a pack of Khador tokens, a set of generic Warmachine templates and a Cygnar starter with Larry Stu, a ranged 'Jack and two melee 'Jacks. Why? So we can have classic Filthy Rich Capitalistic Americans fighting against Dirty Red Comrade Russians battles. The racist church of burning people is fun, but not our cuppa tea really.

Also put in an order for two cans of Leather Brown primer and super glue at the Army Painter, just what I need to get my Realm of Battle (hopefully) done in one go. All I need now is ten packs of milliput and that thick foamboard and daddy can work on the trenches for his future trencher army.

Gah, stay on target! gonk
I'm guessing 7TV has been put on hold until further notice? wink

Less blabbing, more painting mate! emotion_omnomnom  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:14 pm
Lady Blodwynn
I'm guessing 7TV has been put on hold until further notice? wink

Less blabbing, more painting mate! emotion_omnomnom
Yeah, 7TV is on hold for a bit while I get my Elysians and Khador starter done. Due to work today I couldn't work on my Tauros, same tomorrow, so hopefully I can finish most of it on Thursday, bar the weathering. I'll need a new pigment for that bit. Other than that, most infantry models have their coats of Khemri brown applied, just need to give the last few their basecoat and I can start the tedious job of painting everything else on them, starting with their armour. Sentinels are primed and basecoated, all I need to do now is paint the details, the pilots and base them.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:44 pm
I find your lack of progress disturbing. emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:12 am
Lady Blodwynn
I find your lack of progress disturbing. emotion_donotwant
Tauros is done, Sentinels are almost done, squads are progressing slowly, objective markers are still just primed. At this rate I should make it, just.

I've also started work on my Khador Widowmaker unit leader and my two barbed wire markers. Here's an early shot of the markers primed black:

I've primed them leather brown in the meantime. Each strip is 6" by 1" of milliput with Tamiya anti-tank obstacles shoved in before it hardened. The plan is to have six of these and several trench markers as well. Mind, while I say markers, it actually means building actual sections of trench, each at 5" by 3" with actual trench walls on either side for models to hide behind.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:01 am
Both the Widowmaker Kapitan and the two barbed wire markers are done. I also received my Chapterhouse truescale Marine kit in the mail two days ago, so I've been building those as well, just going to paint those any time soon.

Right now on the desk, a Khador Warhound as a reward for wrapping up on the Tauros and most of the Sentinels. After that, Elysian infantry.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:37 am
Pics? Can we have pics? Come on with the pics already!  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:56 pm
Where are the pictures? Don't make me demote and ban you!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:07 am
Lady Blodwynn
Mad with power already I see.. talk2hand  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Mad with power already I see.. talk2hand

That is how the seeds of Chaos spreads.....
Should we purge her? ninja

Looking good man.

Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas