Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Sisters of Battle... because I've been brainwashed x.x;; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:19 am
ArletaMagic
And Mac, I'm keeping an eye on you lol
Na-ha, way ahead of you little madam. pirate  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:17 am
Lt. Brookman
ArletaMagic
And Mac, I'm keeping an eye on you lol
Na-ha, way ahead of you little madam. pirate

talk2hand Please. Little madam? I'm badder than that XD  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:26 am
Full squad so far. Keep in mind they have to be re-based, touched up, and sealed.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:02 pm
eek Looking good. surprised
Very good, I´m suprised how purple works well with black armour. surprised

Atleast I think that´s purple,
darker shade one... <.<"

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Asmondai
eek Looking good. surprised
Very good, I´m suprised how purple works well with black armour. surprised

Atleast I think that´s purple,
darker shade one... <.<"

Its purple. Liche Purple, Highlighted with the Warlock Purple.

And thanks for the compliment. Any bit of encouragement helps. I'm kind of out of my element here.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:52 am
'Tis a good colour scheme indeed, especially when I see it applied to a demi-squad. The weapons could maybe benefit from a wee bit of brass or gold like the meltagun, but that's me. Keep it up missy. talk2hand emotion_brofist emotion_dowant  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:12 pm
The resin Tomb bases just came in. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:27 pm
Lt. Brookman
'Tis a good colour scheme indeed, especially when I see it applied to a demi-squad. The weapons could maybe benefit from a wee bit of brass or gold like the meltagun, but that's me. Keep it up missy. talk2hand emotion_brofist emotion_dowant

I like the idea. I'm talking it over with Ty right now. I have just basecoated some of the ... bases sweatdrop , and hopefully soon we'll get to some drybrushing and highlighting on those. I'd like to see them applied to the sisters, maybe tonight. razz  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:16 pm
Seconding Mac on additional highlights. A dot of red for the rangefinders on the guns, a little brass down the center of the mags to make them look like visible shells and wham-o, you've got a pretty gun.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 am
Caleidah
Seconding Mac on additional highlights. A dot of red for the rangefinders on the guns, a little brass down the center of the mags to make them look like visible shells and wham-o, you've got a pretty gun.
Thirding Paul. wink Red dot for the range finders, brass for the exposed shells and maybe a splash of brass or gold on the bar jutting out from below the barrel.

Some other tips: I'd give the metalics a Badab Black wash followed by a Boltgun Metal drybrush. The brass could use a Devlan Mud wash followed by a light Mythril Silver drybrush along the edges.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 am
Lady Blodwynn
Caleidah
Thirding Paul. wink Red dot for the range finders, brass for the exposed shells and maybe a splash of brass or gold on the bar jutting out from below the barrel.

Some other tips: I'd give the metalics a Badab Black wash followed by a Boltgun Metal drybrush. The brass could use a Devlan Mud wash followed by a light Mythril Silver drybrush along the edges.

Those all sound like good ideas. we just got half the bases painted yesterday, so once we get the ones that I've finished based, I'll do the final touch ups on the models. I didn't want to spend too much time in detailing when I knew that they were going to be handled quite a bit more first.

I'm just glad that I made the call to use brass on the melta.. razz because this is going to be fun. Hadn't considered doing multi-tonal on the entire weapon.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:54 am
ArletaMagic
Lady Blodwynn
Caleidah

Those all sound like good ideas. we just got half the bases painted yesterday, so once we get the ones that I've finished based, I'll do the final touch ups on the models. I didn't want to spend too much time in detailing when I knew that they were going to be handled quite a bit more first.

I'm just glad that I made the call to use brass on the melta.. razz because this is going to be fun. Hadn't considered doing multi-tonal on the entire weapon.
If you want a nice heat effect on the barrel go with the following steps:

1. Wash half of the barrel including the muzzle Asurman Blue.

2. Drybrush most of the blue with Scorched Brown, leaving some of the blue showing.

3. Drybrush the muzzle and part of the barrel Chaos Black.

Works well for both flamers and melta weapons. wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:22 am
Lady Blodwynn
ArletaMagic
Lady Blodwynn
Caleidah

2. Drybrush most of the blue with Scorched Brown, leaving some of the blue showing.

Sounds easy enough. razz I'll finish the five and highlight and finish touching up, and I'll let you know how it goes.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:18 am
ArletaMagic
Lady Blodwynn
ArletaMagic
Lady Blodwynn
Caleidah

Sounds easy enough. razz I'll finish the five and highlight and finish touching up, and I'll let you know how it goes.
You shouldn't have any trouble pulling this off. I mean, if Mel can do it effectively.. wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 pm
Model number six painted and based. I went through and tried applying color to the boltguns in a variety of ways, and surprisingly, Tyler and I didn't like any of them sweatdrop So they stayed silver, but the bases look pretty fantastic, especially with the models on them. Maybe I can get a photo up in a little bit.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff