Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
Secret Valentine. Do we want fakes in this guild? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Fake Valentine Gifters Be Banned?
  Yes
  No
View Results

The Madlib Hatter

Fashionable Ladykiller

10,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:01 pm
Arch Angel Neko
The Madlib Hatter
It's my personal opinion that you should have dealt with the matter with the people involved quietly, and not alerted the entire guild to the situation. It's not that huge of a deal if it's only a 5k gift, that's like 2 or 3 mid- to high-tier tanks you can grab. This whole situation doesn't need a guild-wide announcement and a poll about it, it's only 3 members who probably haven't had a chance to get online yet and will be quite upset that such a huge deal was made out of such a little thing.

*thumbs up for this*

-thumbs up for your thumbs up-  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:13 pm
The Madlib Hatter
Arch Angel Neko
The Madlib Hatter
It's my personal opinion that you should have dealt with the matter with the people involved quietly, and not alerted the entire guild to the situation. It's not that huge of a deal if it's only a 5k gift, that's like 2 or 3 mid- to high-tier tanks you can grab. This whole situation doesn't need a guild-wide announcement and a poll about it, it's only 3 members who probably haven't had a chance to get online yet and will be quite upset that such a huge deal was made out of such a little thing.

*thumbs up for this*

-thumbs up for your thumbs up-

grins* nao play with mah tank biggrin Im glowing (check below) xd  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

The Madlib Hatter

Fashionable Ladykiller

10,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 pm
Arch Angel Neko

2639//1213
I may have to hang around you more often! ;3
Especially if you give me heads-up so I can get early-player bonuses and the Mermaid/Dolphin huddle advantage. XDD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:58 pm
wait...what should i do? i never celebrate valentines before -.- not even in gaia  

Dj Psychotic

Dj Psychotic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:01 pm
to who am i have to send the gift?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:35 pm
aww does this mean no tar and feathering?

*sighs and drags her barrel of tar home*  

notwrenja

Apocalyptic Bunny

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Heckler 50
  • Survivor 150

The Madlib Hatter

Fashionable Ladykiller

10,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 pm
notwrenja

I'm afeared not, dearie.
Your Squishie is glowing, by the way. It only dropped about 8g, with a booster. DX  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:53 pm
The Madlib Hatter
notwrenja

I'm afeared not, dearie.
Your Squishie is glowing, by the way. It only dropped about 8g, with a booster. DX

what are boosters surprised  

notwrenja

Apocalyptic Bunny

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Heckler 50
  • Survivor 150

The Madlib Hatter

Fashionable Ladykiller

10,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:04 am
notwrenja

Well, what I'm talking about specifically is a gold booster, which works a little differently than the other boosters.
There are Gold boosts, speed boosts, time boosts, and Overseer boosts. They basically give you advantages in Booty Grab. They're the little circles that float across the screen on occasion.
Gold boosts will double, triple, or quadruple the amount of gold you collect from a single coin for a short period of time (I think it's 5 seconds). So the first one you get is doubles, the second triples the ORIGINAL value of the coin, and the third quadruples the ORIGINAL value. After that, any other gold boosts you collect within that time frame resets the time for the quadruple boost back to 0. The decreasers are like the boosters, only they work in the opposite way, so if you have a triple boost and you accidentally grab a gold decreaser, it will go down to double. Gold decreasers don't do anything if you don't have any activated gold boosts, though.
They're all pretty straight forward except for that one, so that's pretty much it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:08 am
The Madlib Hatter
notwrenja

Well, what I'm talking about specifically is a gold booster, which works a little differently than the other boosters.
There are Gold boosts, speed boosts, time boosts, and Overseer boosts. They basically give you advantages in Booty Grab. They're the little circles that float across the screen on occasion.
Gold boosts will double, triple, or quadruple the amount of gold you collect from a single coin for a short period of time (I think it's 5 seconds). So the first one you get is doubles, the second triples the ORIGINAL value of the coin, and the third quadruples the ORIGINAL value. After that, any other gold boosts you collect within that time frame resets the time for the quadruple boost back to 0. The decreasers are like the boosters, only they work in the opposite way, so if you have a triple boost and you accidentally grab a gold decreaser, it will go down to double. Gold decreasers don't do anything if you don't have any activated gold boosts, though.
They're all pretty straight forward except for that one, so that's pretty much it.

oh durp. Forgive my serious blonde moment there. xD I love stackng the gold boosts.

For some reason I was thinking there was some new extra thing you could buy to get more stuffies.  

notwrenja

Apocalyptic Bunny

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Heckler 50
  • Survivor 150

The Madlib Hatter

Fashionable Ladykiller

10,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:18 am
notwrenja
oh durp. Forgive my serious blonde moment there. xD I love stackng the gold boosts.

For some reason I was thinking there was some new extra thing you could buy to get more stuffies.

Oi! I'm a natural blonde with a 91 in French! XD
Good thing I like to write though, eh? And I wish they released something like that in Phin Phang, as long as it wasn't cash. It'd make lower-tier tanks more commonly played, and would (or at lest should) benefit the owner of the tank as well.
Petition time, anyone? X3  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:46 am
The Madlib Hatter

Because I'd already had 3 who haven't sent gifts, and I don't want anyone else to have to PM me upset they didn't get anything, that's why I sent the announcement, so that people are aware that if gifts aren't sent or the people aren't replying to the PM's I sent to them in that allotted time (1 week for a PM is quite enough time to send me a PM I believe) have a chance of being banned. I have done everything I could to avoid that situation. I'm just letting people know of what may happen if it comes to that. It's not about me saying 'Yup. I'm definitely gonna ball all you people'. That is not the case. I would like to hear people out first, and work on a decision from there. It might be that someone has been sick and not been able to come online, which is why I have allotted them time of 1 week. Will I ban them if they take longer to reply to me? Maybe. Maybe not. I might allow a few more weeks, but if I feel that someone is deliberately trying to avoid the situation by either not sending their gift, and not replying to me at all, then I will take action.  

Pixelated-Kawaii

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:27 am
I hate to say this, but I think a guild announcement might have been necessary.
this past winter holiday I had been participating in secret santa-ing for several guilds and in one-not this one!- I listed for participation for both main and my mule. and neither received gifts from the santa even after well past the deadline and I notified the guild. The guild sent what amounts to an "I'm sorry your santa flaked" gift which was sweet, but it wasn't the lack of gift that bothered me. The testiness of the person running the secret santa led me to believe that I was not the only one having the problem. Its the people running it that get hurt the most

Sadly people do these events to scam and the person running the event is the one that is held accountable even thought all they were doing was trying to make a nice fun time for all.

The scammers were in part why I was not taking part in secret valentine (that and I'm happily married so it just is a little weird to me- but it seems like a lot of fun for singles) If there's a secret bunny event for spring I'd probably be interested in that, I'm just wary of doing secret gift event in the less close-knit guilds now.

I think booty grab tank owners are targeted a lot for scams because we are all supposedly so wealthy in the gaia golds, even though some tanks don't break even, and some people run their tanks just for charities or for their children to have extra gaia golds to spend

I hope this is just misunderstanding and it will get cleared up with laughs and hugs, I just don't have much faith in the kindness of strangers on the internet  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:17 am
Seductive Strawberries
I swear, Some people suck and ruin events for others.
I have proof I sent mine in my Gift History. :3
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0bcueqx51
You are welcome, I want you to know, it is almost after v-day anyway.
Your link is broken o;  

Unicorn Queef

Magic Man-Lover

Lace_Gaara

Otherworldly Enchantress

19,865 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:11 am
You are sickened by the weakness... Of a heart that's filled with fear.
And if the world won't understand you... You can make it disappear.
Cuz there's a dark secret... You carry with you. You carry with you.

My opinion.

1. There might be a good reason why someone didn't send their gift; ie, they were sick, had computer issues etc... but if that's the case, then they can still get to a computer to explain what happened, surely? Most libraries have computers, and the vast majority of people have access to a library, a cyber cafe or a friend with an Internet compatiable mobile phone.

In any case, this kind of situation is in my experience extremely rare. I have several years experience organising secret gift events; in my case, an annual Secret Santa. While most people had the decency to send their gifts by the deadline and a few sent theirs right away, there were always one or two holdouts who claimed illness or another emergency (nearly always a) after the deadline when it was made clear that if such an emergency came up, to PM me before the deadline and b) after being online several times.

I had a couple of backup gifters on standby who I could contact if necessary; in most cases tho, the tardy ones didn't have the common decency to let me know in plenty of time, so it was always muggins here who ended up having to oblige, just so people wouldn't be disappointed by not receiving a gift. In short (tho this post is not!) it's very rare that an emergency could come up to prevent someone coming online during the allotted time, even just to say "Soz, I can't do this cuz I'm ill/my computer exploded/my dog's sick/etc."

2. I don't buy the excuse of "Erm I forgot!". If you know that you might forget, then surely it makes sense to either write it down so you have a reminder or use your phone or something; or to send the gift right away. Rather like I did; I figured that I would buy the gift immediately for my Secret Valentine and gift it as soon as I got my assignment cuz I can be forgetful at times.

True, I did go somewhat over the 5k suggestion... but that's just me. XD I'm fairly well off and recouped the gold amount I spent in just one day from selling stuff and playing zOMG!. I just wanted to give my SV something nice from their wishlist. ^^ Anyways, I don't think that someone should be let off bannage if their only response is "Oopsy, I forgot! *giggle*".

That's no excuse at all. Maybe not a permaban tho, but just a temp ban from the guild? A definite permaban from any future SV events tho; that's what I do with my Secret Santa events. If someone can only give "Oopsy, I forgot!" as an excuse for not turning in their gift, then they're put on Santa's Naughty List and aren't allowed to join the event next time.

User Image

█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces