Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
September 2012 Banlist Predictions (recycled from March) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:29 am
TwinHeart
Banned

Inzector Dragonfly

Future Fusion

Leviar

Mind Control

Pot of Avarice

Restricted

Laggia

Torrential Tribute

Inzector lady bug

Miracle Fusion

Wind-up Zenmaines

Wind-up Rabbit

Semi-Limited

Mystical Space Typhoon

Effect Vieler

Red-eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

Lyla, Light Sworn Sorceress

Inzectors Hornet

Lonefire Blossom

Unlimited

Mashmellon

Best part about this list is it just makes chaos dragons better. Every other main deck get hits hard. Dragons lose future fusion but they can easily play without derping 5 monsters into grave. You only run 2 REDMD so semi it does nothing. TT is limited which is one of the only cards to slow them down. same with veiler. They only lose 1 lyla and can easily fix that. It would be an all chaos dragon meta  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:58 pm
Wind-Up Pickpocket
TwinHeart
OC ReMix
Really I see nothing that should be banned, most of you, i believe are just a little butt hurt. Inzektors. yes are annoying but when you know how they play easy to face. Same goes for rabbit and Dragon.

To TwinHeart's Idea on Pot of Avarice : That would make slow deck stand no chance in a duel. And Yes some decks abuse it , but keep in mind those are decks that run 20 or more monsters.

Veiler isn't a threat with the fact D-fissure and Macro are mained now more then ever.

You can bait out laggia's effect very easily.

Wind-Up Zenmaines. Ever hear of Chimeratech ? I have time to time done this to my opponent because he ss'd Zemmaines and had no back row foolishly

Mind Control. Seriously ? That card seems to be in some love hate relationship with Duelists. you'll be mad when you opponent has something that can negate you attacks ( I.e Utopia ) and you can't get rid of it. but you'll be happy when you draw this card , or mad when used against you

I'm going off of Japanese Regionals and worlds. Zenmaines, that was just personal flavor. Also, not many decks are running chimeratech. Inzectors are topping in japan, they're going to get hit.

Mind control, it takes control of a monster. Nuff said.

Effect vieler, is needed, as a three of in most decks. There's also a ton of monster negation. Which has a cost, aside from discarding said card. Vieler needs to go down, it wouldn't be the first time a card like that would get hit.

/rant

But the OCG and TCG have totally different metas right now.
You can't really predict TCG bans on OCG bans.
On the topic of veiler, it can not get hit.
Veiler is needed because it levels out the playing field.
Even being at 2 it would allow more explosive decks like Dino Rabbit and WInd-Ups to take over.
Unless Konami bans all of the good effect monsters then veiler won't be hit.

Uh the TCG ban list follows the OCG ban list fyi.

My reason on Veiler, was just due to the "being a necessity" factor. So yes, quite lolzy.  

Heywouldntyouknow

Heywouldntyouknow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:01 pm
bb3000ae
TwinHeart
Banned

Inzector Dragonfly

Future Fusion

Leviar

Mind Control

Pot of Avarice

Restricted

Laggia

Torrential Tribute

Inzector lady bug

Miracle Fusion

Wind-up Zenmaines

Wind-up Rabbit

Semi-Limited

Mystical Space Typhoon

Effect Vieler

Inzectors Hornet

Lonefire Blossom

Unlimited

Mashmellon

Best part about this list is it just makes chaos dragons better. Every other main deck get hits hard. Dragons lose future fusion but they can easily play without derping 5 monsters into grave. You only run 2 REDMD so semi it does nothing. TT is limited which is one of the only cards to slow them down. same with veiler. They only lose 1 lyla and can easily fix that. It would be an all chaos dragon meta

While I understand that REDMD is one of the biggest problems in Dragons, I'm letting them survive in the meta for just a bit. Also, you're forgetting, that Konami semi-limited Royal Tribute, when most played it at two any way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:58 pm
TwinHeart
Wind-Up Pickpocket
TwinHeart
OC ReMix
Really I see nothing that should be banned, most of you, i believe are just a little butt hurt. Inzektors. yes are annoying but when you know how they play easy to face. Same goes for rabbit and Dragon.

To TwinHeart's Idea on Pot of Avarice : That would make slow deck stand no chance in a duel. And Yes some decks abuse it , but keep in mind those are decks that run 20 or more monsters.

Veiler isn't a threat with the fact D-fissure and Macro are mained now more then ever.

Wind-Up Zenmaines. Ever hear of Chimeratech ? I have time to time done this to my opponent because he ss'd Zemmaines and had no back row foolishly

Mind Control. Seriously ? That card seems to be in some love hate relationship with Duelists. you'll be mad when you opponent has something that can negate you attacks ( I.e Utopia ) and you can't get rid of it. but you'll be happy when you draw this card , or mad when used against you

I'm going off of Japanese Regionals and worlds. Zenmaines, that was just personal flavor. Also, not many decks are running chimeratech. Inzectors are topping in japan, they're going to get hit.

Effect vieler, is needed, as a three of in most decks. There's also a ton of monster negation. Which has a cost, aside from discarding said card. Vieler needs to go down, it wouldn't be the first time a card like that would get hit.

/rant

Even being at 2 it would allow more explosive decks like Dino Rabbit and WInd-Ups to take over.

My reason on Veiler, was just due to the "being a necessity" factor. So yes, quite lolzy.

Following and being the same are totally different.
Just saying.

Dexterity Bonus

Timid Explorer

9,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 pm
TwinHeart
bb3000ae
TwinHeart
Banned

Inzector Dragonfly

Future Fusion

Leviar

Mind Control

Pot of Avarice

Restricted

Laggia

Torrential Tribute

Inzector lady bug

Miracle Fusion

Wind-up Zenmaines

Wind-up Rabbit

Semi-Limited

Mystical Space Typhoon

Effect Vieler

Inzectors Hornet

Lonefire Blossom

Unlimited

Mashmellon

While I understand that REDMD is one of the biggest problems in Dragons, I'm letting them survive in the meta for just a bit. Also, you're forgetting, that Konami semi-limited Royal Tribute, when most played it at two any way.

If they could they would run 5...Royal Tribute going off is almost a certain win for gravekeepers as most decks need the grave or run heavy monster. Anyone who ran only 2 was doing it wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:29 pm
Wind-Up Pickpocket
TwinHeart
Wind-Up Pickpocket
TwinHeart
OC ReMix

/rant

Following and being the same are totally different.
Just saying.

Word for word our list follows theirs. Unless an OCG exclusive is banned, and then when we get it, it's Banned. (I.e Temple of Kings, I believe is the translated card here) Which was released and banned here the same day.

Again, our Bannings are the same as theirs (except OCG exclusives) And even when tengu was hit...which was a TCG exclusive, it was right after it was released in Japan. So just sayin~  

Heywouldntyouknow

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,400 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:53 am
TwinHeart

Word for word our list follows theirs. Unless an OCG exclusive is banned, and then when we get it, it's Banned. (I.e Temple of Kings, I believe is the translated card here) Which was released and banned here the same day.

Again, our Bannings are the same as theirs (except OCG exclusives) And even when tengu was hit...which was a TCG exclusive, it was right after it was released in Japan. So just sayin~

tengu won't be in the ocg until october 13th, so your logic is flawed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:45 am
TwinHeart

Why are you getting so defensive?
It's just a banlist conversation.

Dexterity Bonus

Timid Explorer

9,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100

Ib The Goblin Tactician

Greedy Informer