Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:32 am
Nikunya
group_inou (Japanese)

yo i love group_inou, one of my fave songs by them is therapy. in fact, that entire album is amazing pretty much  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:39 am
I have some pretty unknown stuff, but I love exploring the back roads of music. xD <3

múm - If I were a Fish

I'd love to play it, but being obscure I'd have to tab it out myself.

Genea

Crew

Sexy Glitch

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:03 am
I'll try to listen to a little bit of everything you guys posted!

Well, later, cause my mom is playing her Paul McCartney CD out loud right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:04 am
I like the band Bond. They're kind of... girly rock covering classical with modernized classical instruments. Beautiful music, some high energy, some soft and sensual. And if you can find the song Bond on Bond, that's a pretty cool one. I like their take on the 1812 Overture. Me and my mom actually heard them on the radio first a few years ago, but that's a pretty rare event  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Nikunya

Trash Witch

43,740 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:41 am
meekstape
Nikunya
group_inou (Japanese)

yo i love group_inou, one of my fave songs by them is therapy. in fact, that entire album is amazing pretty much

That's one of my favs too. heart
I'm currently savin' up for the CD. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:11 pm
finally some fun retro beachy noise  

Anti-Ling

GirlPuck

Dedicated Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:57 pm
I guess I'll share some random ones that I like. I like a lot of different music, but much of it is fairly mainstream. These are a couple that I don't hear much of though.

First is Attack in Black. I believe I first heard them on CBC radio, since they are a Canadian band. I quite like this song by them: Young Leaves.

Next is Funker Vogt. They are a German band that I discovered very recently from a podcast I downloaded. The song I heard was Fallen Hero, and it is my favourite of all their music I have listened to.

And then I have to throw in some local talent love. Hey Rosetta! is a band from St. John's, Newfoundland (home for me!), who have started to do quite well for themselves. My favourite songs would be Yes! Yes! Yes! and The Simplest Thing, which are both from their first album Plan Your Escape. Also there is Bandages which is a recent one, and the video has some fun shots around St. John's. (The first video was also filmed around St. John's.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:05 pm
I don't really have obscure music tastes (outside of orchestrated music), but I LOVE Goldfish. They're a South African band and I discovered them through this amazing music video.  

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Soporose

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:19 pm
Lately I've been listening to alot of St. Vincent. Her eclectic musical style is really haunting and I find myself gravitating towards her capricious melodies. Some of my favorites are Cruel, All My Stars Aligned, Actor Out of Work, Northern Lights, Cheerleader, annnd... others I can't recall right now. @_@

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:34 pm
Dirty Projectors is pretty obscure I guess

I really like their Bitte Orca album

EDIT: wait ******** why isn't this working  

hornworts

Rare

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 pm
I listen to random s**t, but I gotta say, Dirty Orchestra was really cool for me.

Hip Hop and Orchestra music, I never would think could harmonize. Here's a live performance (start at 1:40 to avoid fluff)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:20 pm
Deep South
omg, this thread emotion_bigheart

this post will be themed with: concept albums emotion_awesome

Firstly, one of my absolute favoritest bands, Mae. The name is an acronym for Multi-sensory Aesthetic Experience. The Everglow is by far their most popular album, but I must urge anyone interested to listen to their three EPs, (m)orning, (a)fternoon, and (e)vening. Concept albums, these three when played back to back play as one continuous string of music/sound. Each album has a "feel" for the time of day it's named after. They also represent seasons, respectively spring/summer, summer/fall, fall/winter. They also tell the story of the main character who is searching for inspiration and meaning for his music.
(e)vening is full of AWESOME music to sleep to. There's a three-part piano sonata, and this song

eeeeek! I LOVE Mae.
he has such a fabulous voice. seriously.
also, love the instrumentals. their acoustic versions of songs are fantastic.
I'd have to say my favorite album is Destination Beautiful though ;]
I really do like (a)fternoon and The Everglow, just not as much.

Krateor

Distinct Browser

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 pm
ok another group from me, another japanese group that's a bit more well known than the one in my last post: deavid soul. another group i was introduced to because of a game (jet set radio if yall are wondering, the best series of games there is and ever will be ******** you if you dont think so)

their sound is....something. the JSR series of games always had this funky, poppy, house-y, dance type music that got your a** moving and your brain pumped. i cant quite pinpoint a genre, and when it comes to electronic sounds and man made beats i am pretty good at throwing things into genres and sub genres and sub sub genres. not any of this stuff though. not deavid soul.

some examples:
cant stop vibration
from chocolate city
on the bowl

i was under the impression they broke up but i literally just found out they released a new ep in 2009??? that was a nice surprise  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 pm
Sir Black Tea
Dirty Projectors is pretty obscure I guess

I really like their Bitte Orca album

EDIT: wait ******** why isn't this working

xP Tried tipping you - fail. Guess I'll respond the old fashioned way: I love Dirty Projectors! Knotty Pine is my favorite song. whee

Soporose

Ladykiller

loups-garoux

Wily Werewolf

16,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:40 am
Krateor
Deep South
omg, this thread emotion_bigheart

this post will be themed with: concept albums emotion_awesome

Firstly, one of my absolute favoritest bands, Mae. The name is an acronym for Multi-sensory Aesthetic Experience. The Everglow is by far their most popular album, but I must urge anyone interested to listen to their three EPs, (m)orning, (a)fternoon, and (e)vening. Concept albums, these three when played back to back play as one continuous string of music/sound. Each album has a "feel" for the time of day it's named after. They also represent seasons, respectively spring/summer, summer/fall, fall/winter. They also tell the story of the main character who is searching for inspiration and meaning for his music.
(e)vening is full of AWESOME music to sleep to. There's a three-part piano sonata, and this song

eeeeek! I LOVE Mae.
he has such a fabulous voice. seriously.
also, love the instrumentals. their acoustic versions of songs are fantastic.
I'd have to say my favorite album is Destination Beautiful though ;]
I really do like (a)fternoon and The Everglow, just not as much.

Destination Beautiful is amaaaaazing emotion_dowant

and I agree their instrumentals and his voice as fantastic x3

since I'm posting in this thread, this is as hipster as you can get, music-wise:

Sean Fournier emotion_dowant

a good chunk of his music is available for download free on his website. It all started with "Oh My", nicknamed "the free album". His voice is beautiful
my fav Fournier song  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces