Submit

kimono girl snotty

Kawaii Noob

11,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:49 am
I agree with Kayla, even oldbies can be all ME ME MEE when they want to, they're just better at hiding it  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:20 am
see u next tuesday
I agree with Kayla, even oldbies can be all ME ME MEE when they want to, they're just better at hiding it

mix of both. There are some oldie who don't hide. who say they been a member since 2003 basically saying it should happen very soon or else.

But it more with new faces of GCD and sf. Who want re-colors of sponsors item or if there is a small bug push it to get the fix in less then two days.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

Krateor

Distinct Browser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:25 am
KaylaGalela
User Image
I don't think Gaians are any more greedy now than they've ever been. People have always wanted more items and more gold. I think the only thing that has changed is that Gaia has gotten more generous, and that kind of skews your perceptions a bit. Perhaps people are more likely to ask for things when there has been a precedent for it before. So, since Gaia has been setting more precedents like that, you're more likely to see someone asking for more of the same. But people have always been greedy.

I totally agree.
Gaia is making more and more items that are much more easily available than they used to.
for instance, selling RIG rares in the CS.
people who wanted them could get them immediately,
and so they want Gaia to do more of this.

I'm not saying that I don't want my items I'm questing now,
but I do realize that I have to work for it (and unless I get an RIG victory, it'll take a year =/).
that just makes it more worthwhile to me.

plus, when it comes to the CS, I just don't think it's worth it to pay more than $10 for an item (and it'd better be a bundle or EI if so),
so I doubt I would even bother if Gaia decided to continue with this "special rerelease" stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:36 am
KaylaGalela
User Image
I don't think Gaians are any more greedy now than they've ever been. People have always wanted more items and more gold. I think the only thing that has changed is that Gaia has gotten more generous, and that kind of skews your perceptions a bit. Perhaps people are more likely to ask for things when there has been a precedent for it before. So, since Gaia has been setting more precedents like that, you're more likely to see someone asking for more of the same. But people have always been greedy.

But I haven't notice asking for every holiday item until this year and a little of last.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:32 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
KaylaGalela
User Image

But I haven't notice asking for every holiday item until this year and a little of last.
User Image
Really? I can remember people saying that sort of thing for as long as I've been here. I remember people asking for St. Patrick's Day items, and that was before Gaia had ever done anything for that holiday. And of course, others argued "Gaia has never done anything like that before, so they never will." But, like I said, Gaia has since set a lot of precedents for making items for little events and occasions like that, so it's more likely now that people will ask for more. It's not so much a matter of greed as it is a matter of expectations based on what's happened in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:37 pm
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape
KaylaGalela
User Image

User Image
Really? I can remember people saying that sort of thing for as long as I've been here. I remember people asking for St. Patrick's Day items, and that was before Gaia had ever done anything for that holiday. And of course, others argued "Gaia has never done anything like that before, so they never will." But, like I said, Gaia has since set a lot of precedents for making items for little events and occasions like that, so it's more likely now that people will ask for more. It's not so much a matter of greed as it is a matter of expectations based on what's happened in the past.

They ask for groundhog day item, something for black history month. Even Cinco de Mayo . It's like they have a calendar open and looking for each holiday or event.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:47 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
KaylaGalela
User Image

They ask for groundhog day item, something for black history month. Even Cinco de Mayo . It's like they have a calendar open and looking for each holiday or event.
User Image
They probably do. xd
Besides, it's probably not the same person all the time. I might ask for groundhog day item, while you might ask for a cinco de mayo one. To some other person neither of those holidays are important, but they really like Hanuka, so they ask for that. There's probably at least one person out there for every holiday who is willing to suggest an item for it. ^^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:53 pm
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape
KaylaGalela
User Image

User Image
They probably do. xd
Besides, it's probably not the same person all the time. I might ask for groundhog day item, while you might ask for a cinco de mayo one. To some other person neither of those holidays are important, but they really like Hanuka, so they ask for that. There's probably at least one person out there for every holiday who is willing to suggest an item for it. ^^

But this is new to me .I've been a member since 2007. I never saw until now members asking for holiday items for all holidays. Next they will ask for Labor day item.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:28 pm
But it's okay when it's alchemy XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:46 pm
Dickie Twinkles
But it's okay when it's alchemy XD

What do you mean?  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:47 pm
MrsrachaelSnape

But this is new to me .I've been a member since 2007. I never saw until now members asking for holiday items for all holidays. Next they will ask for Labor day item.
User Image
I guess I wouldn't be surprised if someone did. ^^
Though, I'm not sure what a labor day item would look like.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:48 pm
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape

User Image

work wear! rofl  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:51 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape

User Image

work wear! rofl
User Image
lol
Or a woman giving birth companion. xD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:53 pm
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape

User Image

work wear! rofl
User Image
lol
Or a woman giving birth companion. xD

I 'm sure they would post a picture or two to say what they want.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:27 pm
Pyres
Rather distasteful if you ask me, though I do side with the newbies on gold being hard to earn to an extent for what the basic supply & demand is, but... yeah free items... come on now. But eh... If they wanted hard gold they should of been around when I first joined, we had a slow, buggy site and very low gold gains.. You were rich if you had 10k!

I'm sorry but I am calling bullshit on it being hard to earn gold. It is a lot easier to earn gold but unfortunately, items also cost way more than they used to. I may not have been around in 2003, but gold is way easier to earn now than when I joined in 2006. The only thing that is harder now in terms of gold earning is being able to profit off of participating in the events.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff