Submit

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:21 pm
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape

Oh I got no e-mail. I just try to log in one day and you get that message. You then have to click saying you now read the terms to then log in . I had to click I read the terms for my block so I can log in to delete my account. I don't know why you are require to say why you are leaving facebook since I know they won't care.Facebook just gave me more reasons to love gaia.
User Image
Ah. I thought you meant you got the message in an email. Then I really wouldn't notice. xD

A lot of service companies will ask you for a reason if you decide to drop them. I'd imagine that feedback gets punched into a database somewhere and gets crunched up and spit back out as a pie chart or something. Whether marketing then makes good decisions based on that info is anyone's guess. ^^

That makes sense , and all the this time I though Mark Zuckerberg read them for laughs.
User Image

He probably has all those comments printed on rolls of toilet paper so he can read them while on the john. Then he "files" them away. ^^

rofl well at lest he reads them! There is an anti- facebook group but it's on facebook emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:20 pm
I was unaware that facebook even had such a rule. And where do they get the information about who the people I know in real life are? o_o Do they have a private investigator following each facebook user?
I think facebook is being the real stalker >:U  

the flying penguin

Dapper Dabbler

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

kimono girl snotty

Kawaii Noob

11,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:36 am
STRANGER DANGER IS REAL, I met a guy from 4chan in real life, what a ******** loser. HE DRUNK DIALLED ME  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:35 am
the flying penguin
I was unaware that facebook even had such a rule. And where do they get the information about who the people I know in real life are? o_o Do they have a private investigator following each facebook user?

I have no idea. I guess if one reports you . I couldn't even write to them trying to clear my name if I wanted to . A lot of my friends last name were Gaia I guess they thought I can't know so many people with the last name Gaia. To be honest as crazy as it sound I though they were just targeting gaians. rofl . Google just changed their terms as well they have google + so it could be trying to say we are better then google +.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am
lol that's such a silly rule xD

I have a couple online friends but i mostly reserve facebook for rl friends :]  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:11 pm
Facebook has that rule?

Before I deleted my facebook, I had friends on there that I'd met on Gaia and had never met offline.  

Karrna

Raider

7,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:21 pm
Karrna
Facebook has that rule?

Before I deleted my facebook, I had friends on there that I'd met on Gaia and had never met offline.

Yup this is the message you get when you get the block

Quote:
Friend Requests Blocked for 7 Days
We received feedback that you sent multiple friend requests to people you don’t know, so you won’t be able to send friend requests for 7 days.

To keep this from happening again, please only send friend requests to people you know.
I understand that sending friend requests to people I don’t know isn’t allowed on Facebook Blocked for 7 Days"

I wouldn't have known until I got that block. I mean half if not all their members add friend requests to people they don't know everyday. I mean how can people know 200+ people in real life? The funny thing is facebook suggest people you may like to also add base on who you already add. I would have only one friend on gaia if gaia had the same rule.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:58 pm
I am not sure I would stay on gaia, I love gaia way more then FB but part of the reason i stay is my friends

MRS, and EE I love to DEATH twisted

though I can contact you both/see in rl but it's fun here to chat  

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:26 pm
That happened to me too.

I made a bunch of friends from across the US and from other countries at this meet-and-greet thing at college, so I added them on FB and I got a ban for 2 days because of that. It said something along the lines of I was adding too many people too quickly or something really dumb.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:38 pm
Eudaemon
That happened to me too.

I made a bunch of friends from across the US and from other countries at this meet-and-greet thing at college, so I added them on FB and I got a ban for 2 days because of that. It said something along the lines of I was adding too many people too quickly or something really dumb.

WTF? It sound like their systems needs to be updated .Sound like it was done by a computer and not a person.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

Karrna

Raider

7,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:00 am
MrsrachaelSnape

Quote:
We received feedback that you sent multiple friend requests to people you don’t know, so you won’t be able to send friend requests for 7 days.

To keep this from happening again, please only send friend requests to people you know.
I understand that sending friend requests to people I don’t know isn’t allowed on Facebook Blocked for 7 Days"

I wouldn't have known until I got that block. I mean half if not all their members add friend requests to people they don't know everyday. I mean how can people know 200+ people in real life? The funny thing is facebook suggest people you may like to also add base on who you already add. I would have only one friend on gaia if gaia had the same rule.

They're probably worried about getting in trouble or something. They need to make sure all those stupid underage girls, with their inappropriate pics, don't friend any weirdos and give them access to their info. I know facebook got in trouble a while back over the security of their users and had to tighten things up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:41 am
I hate facebook... Gaia is my only social network.  

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:47 am
the flying penguin

No, when you receive a friend request, you can click on some "I don't know this person offline"-button and that will block them from sending you more request.

A pretty handy thing.

YOU (the person who received the request) has to report it to facebook, though.
They don't spy o you (yet)! XD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:46 am
Ven Loraine
the flying penguin

No, when you receive a friend request, you can click on some "I don't know this person offline"-button and that will block them from sending you more request.

A pretty handy thing.

YOU (the person who received the request) has to report it to facebook, though.
They don't spy o you (yet)! XD

Ah, that makes much more sense!  

the flying penguin

Dapper Dabbler

9,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:37 am
Karrna
MrsrachaelSnape

Quote:

They're probably worried about getting in trouble or something. They need to make sure all those stupid underage girls, with their inappropriate pics, don't friend any weirdos and give them access to their info. I know facebook got in trouble a while back over the security of their users and had to tighten things up.

They should be finding the underage users more .It isn't hard to find. They should have look at my history yeah I added random people so does so many of their users. But I never im them with hey come over I have free candy!Why I said they need to update their terms. Have a message about adding people you don't know .

here gaia terms-
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections. HOWEVER, You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.

I like the You are responsible part. Facebook and sites like that should have that.People who add random members should be have their responsible not facebook.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff