Read the books?
  Yes!
  Um, no.
  Huh?
  Gold!
View Results

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:20 am
I've only read Firebringer and the Sight, but I thought they were pretty good.

FIrebringer reminded me of Watership Down....except with deer...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:53 pm
thestarthatshines
I've only read Firebringer and the Sight, but I thought they were pretty good.

FIrebringer reminded me of Watership Down....except with deer...

Yes. And no Fiver. Except for Blindweed, who wasn't a prophet, just a storyteller. I liked Fiver. His messages of doom were fun. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:53 pm
Fiver was awesome! whee

I must read that again...it's been 2 years....  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:34 am
I loved both of those books, especially The Sight.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Celestiara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:29 pm
Lonora
I got The Sight first, and borrowed my sister's copy of Fire Bringer. She didn't like it, so now I have her copy. YAY!!!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who commandeers unloved books from their siblings. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:35 pm
HOLY FRICK. A SEQUEL TO THE SIGHT? THIS IS FRICKIN' BIGGER THAN HARRY POTTER! <33333

You have no idea how insanely happy I am :'D I had to jump up and down when I read that!

Dude, this has just made my day heart

I read Fire Bringer when I was in fourth grade and absolutely LOVED it! One of my all-time favorite books <3 I loved The Sight, too, but not quite as much.

Draug Heltikana

Excitable Counselor

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:56 pm
Yep, according to Amazon, it comes out in September. I'm pretty excited. I rather liked Fell, although I'll admit that I wasn't too fond of him at the end of the book. I really need to re-read The Sight sometime soon. It's been a long time. The Firebringer, too. Maybe I'll start one tonight.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:02 am
I've only read Sight. It was really really good, but very sad. There was one bit that I liked so well that I wrote out myself, just so I read it whenever I want to.  

bluemouse2

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:03 pm
Which part was that?

I started reading The Firebringer again (since that's the one I currently have), but I didn't get far. I don't need sad right now. And the scene where Brechin dies is, like, my least favorite in the whole book. Actually, I can't think of a favorite part in it. Maybe the interactions between Rannoch and that wolf he saves. And the last fight is pretty awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:36 pm
Ooh, yes. I love those books.

I've just finished reading the Sight for the third time. I remember the first time I read it, I saw it in the book shop and just sat there, reading it. I think I got through a quarter of it before I had to go. Firebringer was good too, though I don't remember much of it. I need to read it again. =)  

Saiwen

Draug Heltikana

Excitable Counselor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:49 am
Well, I must say: I've finally read Fell, and I was very disappointed with it. It had none of the same style or magic as Firebringer and The Sight. It was nice to see what happened to some of the characters, but I almost wish that I had not read it at all D': He would have been better off just leaving the first book alone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:20 pm
...That's the one that I couldn't remember last time I went to bookstore!

It's not good? Maybe I'll just wait until it comes out in paperback, then. That's what I did for The Sight, may as well do it for Fell.  

NightIntent
Captain

music_of_shadows

Cluttered Genius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:41 pm
I've read The Sight, The Firebringer (both of which are extremely sad, after reading them once, I haven't touched them.) and I just finished The Telling Pool, which is an excellent book  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:26 am
I own both the Sight, and it's sequel, Fell. Personally, I like The Sight better, because Fell complicated things by throwing animals into human en deavors, which is against animal nature in SOO many ways!! But I loved the link between Fell and the 'changeling girl' a ton anyways. I plan on reading Firebringer as soon as I can buy it. Apparently, by school library is too poor to buy ALL the books that I like, so I just buy some whenever I can , and donate them. mrgreen  

Booklover777

4,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Booklover777

4,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:27 am
Okay, please disregard all of those typing mistakes...  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff