Art Whores Anonymous Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiaori Moon Warrior

Combative Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:11 am
I have more than 100 pieces and I'm always wanting moar ninja But I prefer buying or trading rather than getting them for free sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:16 am
I'd be one if I had money gold and I wasn't so damn picky
I'm sorry but I have this thing where if you can't draw my 43 year old fictional businessman, husbando/waifu good enough I'm not gonna even try asking. I even have another OC that I wouldn't mind art of but I always get worried that I'm not going to be clear enough in my description and they'll mess her up.

that and I'm lazy, soooooo incredibly lazy ;w;
I mean I have a thread and all that jazz but I'm never bumping it and I'm never really looking for artists and I'm never really happy with my OC's outfits and couple art be expensive yo

Some of my favorite art though has been free and from people I know ;w;

Pengaana

Slumbering Tengu

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:29 am
I'm Magnificent Moonbeam and I'm a bit of an art whore as many mentioned.
I know how you feel, I like getting all kinds, regardless if they were free or I had to buy some. So far, I have like 82 pieces of art in my disposal and am always questing for more. Getting close to 100 arts though. >w> Some are couple art, so I guess that counts as some... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:13 pm
Read All Over
I don't trust artists emotion_donotwant

I have bought 2 pieces of art, but commissioned many more that were never delivered. Harrumph.

Buuuuut I've been thinking about buying some pieces from very struggling artists and then way over-paying them for Christmas (liek supporting the artsu or something). I just worry that my overpayment-in-the-spirit-of-generosity might make them misprice their art after that.
nah qurl, most struggling artists, who can only support themselves through at the moment, have cheaper prices for a reason. While they're under pricing themselves, it's the only way to get a decent amount of business during the holidays. It's that whole...supply and demand thing, but with a million other artists doing the same thing at the same time, to the same audience. And then it doesn't help, either, when there are more popular artists doing it too. You get next to nothing.

Saying a random bout of generosity will make the money go to their heads is really...upsetting, I guess. /LMAO ME AT THE MOMENT, ACTUALLY. Me, personally, I've gotten probably $30 extra so far from really generous people because I was underpricing so low on some things.

/end mini-rant

when I was more active on gaia, I bought lots of art of my OCs. XD Hence why my account is worth next to nothing now. oops.  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:07 pm
Guilty as charged! I'm a total art whore. heart I love collecting art and seeing how other people interpret my character.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:10 pm
Prince Ichi
nah qurl, most struggling artists, who can only support themselves through at the moment, have cheaper prices for a reason. While they're under pricing themselves, it's the only way to get a decent amount of business during the holidays. It's that whole...supply and demand thing, but with a million other artists doing the same thing at the same time, to the same audience. And then it doesn't help, either, when there are more popular artists doing it too. You get next to nothing.

Saying a random bout of generosity will make the money go to their heads is really...upsetting, I guess. /LMAO ME AT THE MOMENT, ACTUALLY. Me, personally, I've gotten probably $30 extra so far from really generous people because I was underpricing so low on some things.

/end mini-rant

when I was more active on gaia, I bought lots of art of my OCs. XD Hence why my account is worth next to nothing now. oops.

well by struggling artists, I meant artists who have trouble selling their art because it isn't very good/they are very new and have no experience. I wanted to commission people that would likely otherwise not have any sales this Christmas :C I worry that they would use my over-payment as an example to others, especially new Gaians that don't know particularly how the system work (which are the ones I would be interested in). And that's not like legit worry or paranoia even, I just don't want something I did out of kindness end up hurting their business or something like that.  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

Reoca

Invisible Hoarder

17,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:37 pm
★ I'm a lazy art... collector. sweatdrop
I don't even think I have 100 pieces of art yet.
I usually try to get art of my current avi before I change her, but sometimes I get carried away and just want to use a new outfit.
★

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 pm
ooo, if we're talking about OCs I got some art of mine/my fiance's available online. MOST of it, though, only exists in it's original form on paper. My friends have done a bit of doodling my characters but usually don't upload them to the internet anywhere and my man and I don't really get around to uploading our art.

User Image
Done by my friend as a commission. I've had her draw that character twice, now. She never does her tattoos though because they're a major pain!

This one is from her, too....but I'm just going to link it because there's a wee bit of n****e in it and don't want anyone being offended (or reporting me. PLEASE don't get me banned) http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f368/ArmorForNapTime/Gehenna_by_Suguro.jpg

Pretty much all of my favourite OC art is drawn by my fiance... especially since most of them are at least in part his characters as well...
This one is old as hell and was just taken with an old regular digital camera so it's not the best quality. Also, just linking cuz I don't want my post to be huge and obnoxious...
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f368/ArmorForNapTime/The_Rusalka_by_PrinceDescil.jpg

But, yeah. I just LOOOOOVE when he draws s**t from our story. Especially the naughty stuff. haha.  

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:59 pm
Read All Over

I have bought 2 pieces of art, but commissioned many more that were never delivered. Harrumph.

Buuuuut I've been thinking about buying some pieces from very struggling artists and then way over-paying them for Christmas (liek supporting the artsu or something). I just worry that my overpayment-in-the-spirit-of-generosity might make them misprice their art after that.

I don't trust em either.
I have had so many that got cancelled ;__;. I thought it was just they didn't want to draw Vo.

I can't tell if you mean GG or RL monies. But either way, I don't trust them *scowls*. Mostly I reckon they're pretty level headed, especially if you tell them it's a gift.

I know it's pretty selfish of me, but I feel if I've paid for it upfront with RL monies, I should be entitled to some sort of warning before artist disappears for several months.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:16 pm
Read All Over

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thats why I will never confirm the trade until I see the finished thumbnail first.
But that does not mean I haven't had my issues.

Waited over a year for art to come my way. Never happened. I just wish the artist would have told me that they were no longer interested, instead I had to PM them asking for status. gonk I feel so awkward, like I'm rushing them, if I PM a artist like that.

When I take a commission I will PM the person if I have issues drawing there avatar before canceling or showing them what I have done and letting them decided if I should keep going or not. Just as a curtsey(sp) and not leave the buyer wondering what happened to the trade. sweatdrop  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Tidus Guado

Fearsome Lunatic

20,100 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:27 pm
I've got balls of steel

When I hire an artist I always tell them that IRL issues > my art.

I've only had a few bad eggs, like one artist being an a** because of how I wanted some art drawn.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 pm
o: I keep my gallery of mostly free art in my signature. I love getting it, but won't likely pay for it unless it's super cheap. As in 15k or under like how it used to be.  

Kitt Koneko

Cat

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas