Hobbies :D Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starzel

Sparkling Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:57 pm
I'm still in school so I do color guard and mock trial there. I play the violin, but I'm not any good. I used to do some ceramics, I made the cutest giraffe, but am too busy atm to do it. I'm going to try and do ballet if I can find any classes. I used to swim, but I've pretty much quit because I hated it, and I was embarrassingly awful.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:09 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
Ridley Starsmore
A hobby...-ponders-

Not sure. I used to have hobbies.

Now I have kids.

how old are your kids?
10, 8, 7, 5, and almost 4.  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:10 pm
Ridley Starsmore
MrsrachaelSnape
Ridley Starsmore
A hobby...-ponders-

Now I have kids.

how old are your kids?

is the 7 years old the only girl?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:49 pm
Meh, I don't do much now that I am trying to be a good student.
But hobby-wise I'd say I read, write a little (mostly short stories), play zelda and sims, look for jobs without success (is that a hobby), and make these really horribly made stuffed animals out of felt.

And I mean, they are some shoddy work.
I tried to venture into making felt dolls with this here: Paviche!
He's still unfinished even though I haven't worked on him since halloween (his nose and one of his mouths are pinned on).
But as I am completely self taught I suck and he's probably gonna fall apart D:

Menlusa

Sparkly Conversationalist

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:55 pm
BiaA
Existential Existence
BiaA
Existential Existence
BiaA
When I'm not on Gaia or on the internet is just do what most people do, watch TV, play videogames, read some stuff, talk to people...my regular life is pretty boring. Specially now cause all I do is study and I'm barely even drawing for myself anymore.

As an actual hobby I have to say I'm obsessed with nail polish. I'm not like those girls with creepy long nails with tons of s**t on top, but I'm always doing something different and my collection of polishes is getting huge. Just did a gradient effects on my nails today, looking cute~

emotion_kirakira

You like nail polish? So do I! Although I haven't painted my nails in a while.
I only paint via the usual brush provided from bottles (nothing fancy like gradient) but it's still fun. got some nail art pictures?

Even with the simple brush there are so many different stuff to try, it sure is fun emotion_kirakira
The gradient thing is incredible easy to do! I've tried another way before and failed miserably, but doing it with a ]cosmetic sponge is simple. go check this tutorial
Sorry, I don't have the habit of photographing my nails.

oh hey. i think i've seen that video before. the one i'm itching to try out is water marbling (?) but it uses up a lot of polish, I think.

gradient sounds pretty easy. what colors did you use?

Me too! I'm too afraid of making a huge mess though and ending up having to bathe myself in acetone.

I was going to describe the colors, but in the middle I realised posting pictures would be easier, lol. First Rosa Antigo, then Make Mine Mango, then Cobertura Encantada and just in the tips Perola. Those are brazilian brands btw.

Fancy ;D
Those look like wonderful colors to combine. i like bright happy colors too.

When you combine them I picture in my mind the color of a ripe mango...except more pink XD

nice choices  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:25 pm
[[Draw, Read, Gaia/other pointless sites, and i practice Violin from time to time. Rarely do i go out and run anymore, but i used to do it when i looked at my siblings one day and went: "There is NO WAY i am turning out like that..."

Once things calm down i'm thinking of taking a ceramics or pottery class at ACC(Austin Community College). I always loved working with clay and making sculptures. Considered welding, but i think they have an age limit that i'm two years away from.
Other than that just watch tv/movies. I have no life, so everything i do (aside from the running) is done inside. I sometimes consider playing the violin outside because playing it inside sounds weird and irritating with my siblings in the room, but i don't want the entire neighborhood hearing my failure and yelling at me.

Some day i will have the time to ask my mom to teach me how to sow, that way i can make my own damn clothes and not have to b***h whenever my mom brings in atrocious crap from the thrift store. I made a top hat a while ago from felt, but i used superglue, which i doubt will work with clothes.
Crafts are always fun.
]]

Vyudali

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:32 pm
hrrrrm.

Wellllllllllllll!

I like science a lot, so I will often read about sciencey things. I also watch an unhealthy amount of cartoons, and like to doodle. I read fantasy and children's books. I also read a loooooot of comic books when I can afford to.

That's the general gist.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:22 am
I have plenty of things to do now that I'm currently unemployed. smile

I've been reading a lot, playing video games, draw stuff (if I feel like it), play with the dogs, write reviews on my blog, watch anime, documentaries and movies, pull weeds and clean the garden, pester my boyfriend and play pranks on my sisters.

And I dance too. A lot.  

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:44 am

Hmmm...

Drawing, travelling, photography, partying with my friends (if that counts as hobby xd ), cosplays & video game conventions

Next year I will start wind surfing and archery (again).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:43 am
MrsrachaelSnape
Ridley Starsmore
MrsrachaelSnape
Ridley Starsmore
A hobby...-ponders-

Now I have kids.

how old are your kids?

Yup. 3nodding  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:59 am
Ridley Starsmore
MrsrachaelSnape
Ridley Starsmore
MrsrachaelSnape
Ridley Starsmore
A hobby...-ponders-

Now I have kids.

how old are your kids?

Yup. 3nodding

When they are older will you allow them on gaia?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:08 am
Hobbies?
I like a lot of outdoorsy things, as far as hobbies go - some of my favorite things (despite me not being able to do them due to the location that is the Midwest) are scuba diving and snorkeling. 3nodding I also really like camping, but that might come from being a part of a Scouting family. (If any of you all are interested we went to Florida Sea Base with a venturing crew recently - and lived on an island for a week. Intense!)

On normal hobbies though, I like baking deserts, watching movies, running and drawing/writing. I'm not terrific at any of them, but they're super fun and a delicious break from classes and whatnot. cx I also like being a part of theatre productions. The next show we're doing is a Steampunk rendition of Midsummer's Night Dream - I'm only on crew, but I think it'll turn out fantastic.

Starzel
I'm still in school so I do color guard and mock trial there. I play the violin, but I'm not any good. I used to do some ceramics, I made the cutest giraffe, but am too busy atm to do it. I'm going to try and do ballet if I can find any classes. I used to swim, but I've pretty much quit because I hated it, and I was embarrassingly awful.

You do colorguard? I did that in High School. Super fun!  

Charlie Graves

Magnetic Guildsman

10,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

Reoca

Invisible Hoarder

17,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:18 am
I usually read or draw but lately, I've been doing less of that and more playing video games because I'm home for the holidays.
And that's mostly because it's the only thing my brother enjoys doing with me besides watching movies.
I should start making jewelry again... Hard to find time to sit down and do that during the school year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:18 am
I like drawing. I also like knitting, but I haven't completed anything yet.

At some point I'm going to learn to sew, embroider and make lace. I've been trying to practice sewing, but it isn't really going as well as I'd expected. The problem seems to be that I can't figure out how the pattern pieces fit together.

Also I'm still attempting to learn languages, but it's quite difficult because there aren't any classes near me, and I can't learn to speak a language properly just by reading my textbooks.  

Evil Goth Bunny

Kawaii Bunny

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:25 am
MrsrachaelSnape
Ridley Starsmore
MrsrachaelSnape
Ridley Starsmore
MrsrachaelSnape
Ridley Starsmore
A hobby...-ponders-

Now I have kids.

how old are your kids?

Yup. 3nodding

When they are older will you allow them on gaia?

I know my oldest is interested.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces