Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
What books is you reading' son? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:05 pm
I want to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo before getting 1Q84 for Christmas.

Both are very long but TGwtDT is supposed to be ultra fast. And 1Q84 is Japanese, so it's like 10 point font printed on giant pages and it's 900 pages. GAH  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 pm
Menlusa

The Dark Illuminati

Your reading list intrigues me, and I just wrote down a couple.
I read the first two hunger games, and they sated the great harry potter hole in my soul.
Also the Count of Monte Cristo is FABULOUS.
One of my favorite books.

I feel like I hijacked this thread a little, haha
I get a little too excited over books D:
[[Happy to help a fellow bookworm~ I'm such a nerd when it comes to books... I attend every book club at my library and my shelf can't fit all of the books i have.
You should add 'nothing' by Janne Teller. It's short, but it's soo frickin' funny (in my sense of humor) and interesting. The ending just shocks you as well. We read it for a book club and it went on my favorite books list.

And yeah, i saw a trailer for the Hunger Games movie, and i've had in on my shelf for ages, so i thought it was about time i read it.
]]

Vyudali

Menlusa

Sparkly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:12 pm
Reoca

You are the only other person I have met that has felt the same way as me about Dracula.
I can tolerate pretty much any book, but Dracula just drove me up a wall. 8|

This does remind me to start reading some classics again, though...

I know right!
I don't know what I expected, but I was pretty disappointed.
But mostly bored, haha.

I put off reading classics for a very long time since being forced to read them in HS was such a chore. But now I kind of love them.
Well, some of them sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:20 pm
Menlusa
I know right!
I don't know what I expected, but I was pretty disappointed.
But mostly bored, haha.

I put off reading classics for a very long time since being forced to read them in HS was such a chore. But now I kind of love them.
Well, some of them sweatdrop

I didn't have any expectations going into it... And was still disappointed.
Though, I haven't read other books from Stoker yet, so hopefully it was just the writing style specifically in Dracula.

I hardly read any classics in high school. Maybe one or two?
I was mostly forced to read novels that had been translated. The program I was in really focused on international stuff.
Since I'm on break, perhaps I'll track down a copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray. I've been putting off reading that for the longest time.

Reoca

Invisible Hoarder

17,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Menlusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:26 pm
The Dark Illuminati
[[Happy to help a fellow bookworm~ I'm such a nerd when it comes to books... I attend every book club at my library and my shelf can't fit all of the books i have.
You should add 'nothing' by Janne Teller. It's short, but it's soo frickin' funny (in my sense of humor) and interesting. The ending just shocks you as well. We read it for a book club and it went on my favorite books list.

And yeah, i saw a trailer for the Hunger Games movie, and i've had in on my shelf for ages, so i thought it was about time i read it.
]]

Yayy, I shall definitely look into it.

I have always considered joining a book club, but I'm afraid I'm too shy D:
I wouldn't even know how to find one

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:32 pm
Reoca

I didn't have any expectations going into it... And was still disappointed.
Though, I haven't read other books from Stoker yet, so hopefully it was just the writing style specifically in Dracula.

I hardly read any classics in high school. Maybe one or two?
I was mostly forced to read novels that had been translated. The program I was in really focused on international stuff.
Since I'm on break, perhaps I'll track down a copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray. I've been putting off reading that for the longest time.

I never even thought to look for more Stoker actually, although I might have to check it out.
As long as its not in journal style I could probably brave it.

Dorian Grey was pretty good, and its relatively short so its always a good 'in between books' read. I don't know if you own it or not, but if your looking for a copy you should check out abebooks.
I buy all my books there for like A DOLLAR : D

Menlusa

Reoca

Invisible Hoarder

17,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:41 pm
Menlusa
I never even thought to look for more Stoker actually, although I might have to check it out.
As long as its not in journal style I could probably brave it.

Dorian Grey was pretty good, and its relatively short so its always a good 'in between books' read. I don't know if you own it or not, but if your looking for a copy you should check out abebooks.
I buy all my books there for like A DOLLAR : D

I actually can't think of anything else he's written right now, but I know he has a few more horror genre books.

I was just thinking of stopping by the library, but I'll definitely check that out as well because I tend to buy a lot of books anyway. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 pm
Right now I'm reading Snowcrash by Neal Stephenson and Count Zero by William Gibson. Well not really, I've had Snowcrash for months but haven't felt like reading. Still don't but I'm going to force myself to start, once I get started I'll have it read within a couple of days.  

kurl

Trash Bear

Menlusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:51 pm
Reoca

I actually can't think of anything else he's written right now, but I know he has a few more horror genre books.

I was just thinking of stopping by the library, but I'll definitely check that out as well because I tend to buy a lot of books anyway. Thanks!

O yeah right, libraries.
Haha.

No problem!
heart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:51 pm
I didn't have any problem with Dracula, but you either like Stoker's writing style or you don't. The only negative to it that I saw was that because it was told entirely from the point of view of letters, journals, etc; you pretty much knew that whoever the current POV writer was, that character was going to survive the scene.

No, I don't go for the guy writing "aaaaaaaaaah" on a cave wall as he sees a monster approaching when I read books.

Currently reading would be the Divine Comedy. I completely finished the Inferno/Hell section and was on the purgatory section when I got busy with other things. I may just start over from the beginning.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Elynai

Dangerous Knight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:54 pm

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson.
I think it's my favourite series I've ever read.
It's taken me all year but I'm finally up to the 9th book. >_<;

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 pm
I'm trying to finish Myths of the Norsemen by HA Guerber. I have a long reading list of mythology books.

I might start reading Dean Koontz's Warlock later.

I'm waiting for Ian Esslemont's book. I'm a huge fan of the Malazan series!  

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Menlusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:15 pm
Sachie Whitby
I didn't have any problem with Dracula, but you either like Stoker's writing style or you don't. The only negative to it that I saw was that because it was told entirely from the point of view of letters, journals, etc; you pretty much knew that whoever the current POV writer was, that character was going to survive the scene.

No, I don't go for the guy writing "aaaaaaaaaah" on a cave wall as he sees a monster approaching when I read books.

Currently reading would be the Divine Comedy. I completely finished the Inferno/Hell section and was on the purgatory section when I got busy with other things. I may just start over from the beginning.

Yeah I think that was my issue with Dracula.
Although I have read a couple books where the point of view letters and journal entries, I just couldn't get into it with that one.

I've been meaning to read the Divine Comedy actually, but Its wayyy down on the list at the moment.

Ping of Death
I'm trying to finish Myths of the Norsemen by HA Guerber. I have a long reading list of mythology books.

I have a long list of mythology books to read too, actually.
I was obsessed with greek and roman for so long, but now I'm trying to branch into norse, egyptian, and celtic. WOOT.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:21 pm
Menlusa

Ping of Death

I have a long list of mythology books to read too, actually.
I was obsessed with greek and roman for so long, but now I'm trying to branch into norse, egyptian, and celtic. WOOT.
Me too!

I didn't have an opportunity to study other myths because I was having a hard time finding books that aren't related to Roman or Greek. Thanks to the e-books, I have a bigger collection now.  

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Rayinte

Invisible Inquisitor

11,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:26 pm
ROMVLVS
Right now I'm reading Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher.

Codex Alera is one of my top three favorite high fantasy stories. Of all time.

Not reading anything at the moment, but I might re-read Hunger Games during my SWTOR downtime.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff