Submit

Nikunya

Trash Witch

43,740 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:36 pm
I work in a touristy gift shop. -__- (much better than my last job.....Walmart)

One time we sold some of that red rope licorice. It was called "Spaghetti Licorice" on the package and I had this one guy come up and ask me if he had to cook it first. He was totally serious. I just smiled and told him that he didn't and it was just candy.......but I was laughin' inside.
English obviously was not his first language so I can understand the confusion but still.........it was pretty funny. xd

Then there are the MANY times we get calls with people askin' if we are open today. Sometimes I just want to tell people "No. We're closed today. I just came in on my day off to answer the phone. ...and tell people we're closed."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:05 pm
I don't have much to do directly with customers anymore, thankfully. I worked in hell, oops, I mean a bakery in a 24-hr store for about 5 years. The worst were people getting pissed that there was no hot bread at 3 am--uh, duh, we're still baking it! See it on the shelf, yah, it's raw. Come back in 20 minutes. Bread is only guaranteed to be hot at 9am, noon, and from 4-6pm, not 3am in the freaking morning. I have donuts to ice and danishes to bake, go be a pain in someone else's butt, please! And we're not going to have 60 dozen donuts unless you call ahead by at least a day--and you're not going to be able to get a discount unless you make an arrangement in advance with the store manager--there's no register back here, and I don't set the prices. The clerks can't do it either, it's got to be the manager. It's also not good to order a cake to for a 7am pickup when you're calling it in at 6:40am that morning and the decorator isn't on duty until 10 am. Blah.

Now I work in a cubeville and only have to deal with people who think they've called a florist (their number is one number different than mine). Most of them realize they have the wrong number, but I've had all sorts of people try to order roses for their girlfriend and get pissy when you tell them that they've reached a technical consulting firm and you can't help them.  

WinterBear

Winter Bear

Fox on Stilts

Aged Fox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:09 pm
I work in a small book shop that sells only books on gambling. Gambling is even in our name. I get at least one call day asking if we sell college textbooks, dictionaries, children's books, etc. I'm like really? Did you not read the name of our bookshop?
I also hate when I answer the phone and state the name of the store then they ask, "Is this such and such?" and I'm like yes, that is what I just said.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff