Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
COMIC BOOOOOOKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!11!!!1!!!1! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:26 am
While I do keep up with my favorite characters and plot lines, I've..never...actually...read...a..physical...comic....book...*slinks away*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:27 am
Any time I go* into a store selling comics I buy up every** Iron Man comic in the store.

*Rarely
**Limited to one copy of each. No repeats.

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:29 am
Ridley Starsmore
I've really just been getting back into comics lately...With the dc reboot. I love the new take Action comics is doing with Superman.

And I love me some GL.
What do you think of the new costumes?

I hate what they've done to Wonder Woman.

But... I guess it's a leap away from her previously more sexist costume? I don't know. I miss her iconic golden eagle and stars and stripes costume.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:31 am
Yeata Zi
The Dark Illuminati
Yeata Zi
The Dark Illuminati
[[I plan to read Fables since my librarian recommended it to me, but for now the only one's ive read are Walking Dead and JTHM. Loved both.
I was given a bunch of House of Mystery mini-comics that i have yet to read.
]]

My issue with jthm and Squee and I feel sick--is that Jhonen Vasquez is such a douche bag.

I mean, seriously. He makes fun of his reader base in his own comics--which I think is really cruel, considering JTHM is aimed towards lonely goth kids. I don't know. I like JTHM and Squee--especially his art style--but he's just such an a** hole.
[[I think that's the satirical feel that really makes me enjoy it. Not all readers really notice, and it's funny because they think he supports their cutesy skeleton kitten life styles when in fact this new wave of goth/emo/punk teenagers who are probably seventy five percent of his fans is what he does not like.
I don't think he's that much of a douche bad though. I have never met him, but i've seen a lot of interviews and he seems like a funny guy.
]]

-shrug-

I think you can be funny and still be a jerk.

In fact, often those things go together.
[[I live on as proof of that statement. emotion_awesome I just feel he expresses his views through his comics. Whether people choose or are able to see the message is up to them. Besides, a lot of the people who bother to read JTHM only bother after they watch Gir and his stupid green butt act stupid in Invader Zim. They only bother because it's from the same creator and expect it to just be this massive killing spree that's totally 'goffik'. If i were him, that would annoy me and i'd put some inside jokes mocking them as well.]]

Vyudali

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:31 am
The Undead Suitor
While I do keep up with my favorite characters and plot lines, I've..never...actually...read...a..physical...comic....book...*slinks away*

WHAAAAAAT?!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:32 am
The Dark Illuminati
Yeata Zi
The Dark Illuminati
Yeata Zi
The Dark Illuminati
[[I plan to read Fables since my librarian recommended it to me, but for now the only one's ive read are Walking Dead and JTHM. Loved both.
]]

My issue with jthm and Squee and I feel sick--is that Jhonen Vasquez is such a douche bag.

I mean, seriously. He makes fun of his reader base in his own comics--which I think is really cruel, considering JTHM is aimed towards lonely goth kids. I don't know. I like JTHM and Squee--especially his art style--but he's just such an a** hole.
[[I think that's the satirical feel that really makes me enjoy it. Not all readers really notice, and it's funny because they think he supports their cutesy skeleton kitten life styles when in fact this new wave of goth/emo/punk teenagers who are probably seventy five percent of his fans is what he does not like.
I don't think he's that much of a douche bad though. I have never met him, but i've seen a lot of interviews and he seems like a funny guy.
]]

-shrug-

[[I live on as proof of that statement. emotion_awesome I just feel he expresses his views through his comics. Whether people choose or are able to see the message is up to them. Besides, a lot of the people who bother to read JTHM only bother after they watch Gir and his stupid green butt act stupid in Invader Zim. They only bother because it's from the same creator and expect it to just be this massive killing spree that's totally 'goffik'. If i were him, that would annoy me and i'd put some inside jokes mocking them as well.]]
Ehhhh. I reckon XD

Stilllll. It bothers me.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:33 am
Yeata Zi
The Undead Suitor

WHAAAAAAT?!

I'd also like to point out that there are no places to buy comic books around here in ******** no where.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:34 am
The Undead Suitor
Yeata Zi
The Undead Suitor

WHAAAAAAT?!

I'd also like to point out that there are no places to buy comic books around here in ******** no where.
I had the same issue when I lived there.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:36 am
J 4 C K
Any time I go* into a store selling comics I buy up every** Iron Man comic in the store.

*Rarely
Hell yeah!  
Yeata Zi
meep12345
Umm.... cat_rolleyes

Ja, Elfquest, the Boondocks, and C&H are pretty good too... cat_rolleyes
As for graphic novels... Too many to list... cat_stare

SO you love the spider man eh? cat_stare

Oh G_d(dess) No! I heart Carnage cat_redface
He was my supervillain-y crush when I was like 10 cat_sweatdrop
Also, despite each of those comics being labeled "Spider-man", they actually featured a lot of different marvel heroes, such as x-men, fantastic four, avengers, x-factor, new warriors, Dr. Strange, etc, since Maximum Carnage was Carnage's semi-successful attempt at taking over the entire USA...
Plus, you said comic books, so... I couldn't resist posting all that cat_lol  

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

Yeata Zi
Ridley Starsmore
I've really just been getting back into comics lately...With the dc reboot. I love the new take Action comics is doing with Superman.

And I love me some GL.

But... I guess it's a leap away from her previously more sexist costume? I don't know. I miss her iconic golden eagle and stars and stripes costume.

I'm still trying to figure out why all of them have the lines in them.

But i did notice each one does something different. GL's light up all the time, Flash's burns off extra speed force, Batman's is likely ablative plating. And I am digging the new look on Supes. Very modern.

WW's has always been something of a contradiction to me...personally, I would love to see her styled more like this.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 am
The Undead Suitor
strokes hair

you poor thing.

read them onliiiiine~  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Vyudali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 am
Yeata Zi
The Dark Illuminati
Yeata Zi
The Dark Illuminati
Yeata Zi
The Dark Illuminati
]]

]]

-shrug-

Ehhhh. I reckon XD

Stilllll. It bothers me.
[[I can see why. A lot of people think he's an utter douche bag for making fun of his fans, bu I think of it this way:
If you realized the inside joke, that means you're not the one he's mocking. He likes your type of fans. The ones he does mock give a bad name to old cultures and, in my opinion, need to open their eyes.
]]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 am
Yeata Zi
J 4 C K

*Rarely
Hell yeah!
Unfortunately this does impact my wallet pretty harshly. Worth it though?

I'll slap you if you answer that rhetorical question.

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 am
Ridley Starsmore
Yeata Zi
Ridley Starsmore

And I love me some GL.

I'm still trying to figure out why all of them have the lines in them.

But i did notice each one does something different. GL's light up all the time, Flash's burns off extra speed force, Batman's is likely ablative plating. And I am digging the new look on Supes. Very modern.

WW's has always been something of a contradiction to me...personally, I would love to see her styled more like this.

User Image
Yeah, I totally agree with you there! That wonder Woman looks awesome.

I liek parts of Superman's.... the neck line is bizarre. :/

The lines are weird.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas