Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
[closed] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katefox Tarnagona

Shameless Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:45 pm
Neotepid
In other words

I have given birth to monster that needed a face that currently resides in my head. His name is Null, he likes strolls down a beach at night, reading a book by warm fire, tormenting people, raping the dead, and acting like an idiot for sheer laughs. (X(D) Oh, and he also created a new expansion in my mind chiefly so he could have a place for himself.

Welcome to the power of the human mind. Not mystical, or magical in the least, but pretty damn amazing, all the same, wouldn't you say?

But I'm an adult with an imaginary friend, who appears to act fairly autonomously, so I don't find it at all unbelievable that you've got a character running around in your head. It's only if you were to try and tell me that he is real (e.g. he popped into your head from his home on the astral plane/another universe/a past life/&c.) that I would think your story was irrational and/or ridiculous. Though, arguably, that's my own biases showing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:04 pm
Katefox Tarnagona
Neotepid
In other words

I have given birth to monster that needed a face that currently resides in my head. His name is Null, he likes strolls down a beach at night, reading a book by warm fire, tormenting people, raping the dead, and acting like an idiot for sheer laughs. (X(D) Oh, and he also created a new expansion in my mind chiefly so he could have a place for himself.

Welcome to the power of the human mind. Not mystical, or magical in the least, but pretty damn amazing, all the same, wouldn't you say?

But I'm an adult with an imaginary friend, who appears to act fairly autonomously, so I don't find it at all unbelievable that you've got a character running around in your head. It's only if you were to try and tell me that he is real (e.g. he popped into your head from his home on the astral plane/another universe/a past life/&c.) that I would think your story was irrational and/or ridiculous. Though, arguably, that's my own biases showing.

Well, my theory is what I said. It's a demon I gave a face to. LOL! Either it's just a mind game, or dark(maybe demonic) entity that required somebody to put flesh on it. LOL! He becomes more real the more I believe he is. So, yay.

Though, time for me to add the ridiculous part. One of my friends(the one that uses necrokinesis(death) said he could go into my mind. When he does, I get a tingle on the side of my head. Believe me or not, this is just what I'm saying. I can tell when a person its in my head by how the intrusion feels.

Story telling time

So, my friend has an inner spirit(which everyone does) who happens to be the epidemy of death or whatever. Death be a woman. (X(D) hilarious) Now then, she hates Null because he's "an evil that's not meant to exist." which means he developed from my mind and is 'partially' real. (X(D), hilarious, truly. Anyways, my friend went in my mind to kill Null.

I was like, "Null run". He said he made it easier because now he could feel Null's movement. My friend Rita started laughing, yelling "Hide in the corner". Well, my friend Robert went into the dark part of my mind and found Null in the fetal position in the corner. He says he couldn't kill him cause it would be too easy. (X(D)

If you read this far, just know that yes, funniness is something that occurs wit the great Null of the Void.

Meanwhile, Robert went exploring in my head nad found some very peculiar things. Things that some would go "What the hell", but he was like, "he understood." The guy's "mad", so eh. Anyways, I quizzed him on this, and it came out that there was some kind of 6-legged guilotine bug thing in my head. I was like, "Null, tame the beast!" My friend said he could do it. I was like, "Oh hell no. You're not owning anything in my brain!"

Anyways, while my friend was exploring, he made a sudden face. I was like, "Dude, what's wrong?" He said something splashed on him. I said, "Oh dude, wait. Hey Null, did you kill the spider, or did it just bite your foot off?" Wait afew seconds. "Null said it bit off his finger. Guess which one."

"The middle"

" lol Yeah! 3nodding "

*laughter*

Later on, more got on him, but he said, "Wait, actually I'm not sure if that's blood. It burns." It may have been acidic. Then I was like, "Hey Null, did the bug die yet, or is it still eating your finger?"

"He said the bug choked on it."

(X(D) Damn. That must have been a huge finger.

Then, they started playing pinball in my head. Well, it would have been pinball, but they decided to make it dodgeball instead. Null got hit in the face with the ball a few times. I was lik,e "So, how you like getting hit in the face with some balls?" Laughter. Null was like, "Yeah, well you got balls in your mouth."

made no sense. Didn't have to. IT was funny.

I asked Null if he danced with any bubblegum pink bears recently (inside joke as I made a short with him dancing with bears in zombie costumes to thriller). He said yes, last week. I was like, "Wuh? Why didn't you invite me"

"It would have ended sooner."

"But how"

"You would have ate all the gummy bears."

"I would not...okay, maybe I would."

"They're scared of you."

(X(D) Wow.

My friend eventually found Null's domain. He was like, "OH, dude, he created a place in your head." I was like, cool, but my friend said ti wasn't because Null just made it which means he grew in power. Uh, something something. "Null, is that the void?"

"No. It's just me exercising my power over you mind."

neutral Damn. THat's...damn.

Anyways, a bit more laughs, and then it all faded.

Told one of my friends online. She liked the interactions but said Null needed a chill pill. I laughed.

The end of the story.  

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:38 pm
Neotepid
The end of the story.

It's colorful and it's funny. Just so long as you realize it is a story? No harm done.

I've RP'd for years. I've put myself in the shoes of a Hedonistic Playboy Vampire, an Elven enchanter/politician, a lycanthropic archmage, a discarded warforged warrior, and many more then I'll ever remember in one sitting.

It can put you in your character's shoes...and it can even grant you the capacity to think like that character. It does not, however, make them anymore real then you yourself think them to be.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:28 pm
Kuroiban
Neotepid
The end of the story.

It's colorful and it's funny. Just so long as you realize it is a story? No harm done.

I've RP'd for years. I've put myself in the shoes of a Hedonistic Playboy Vampire, an Elven enchanter/politician, a lycanthropic archmage, a discarded warforged warrior, and many more then I'll ever remember in one sitting.

It can put you in your character's shoes...and it can even grant you the capacity to think like that character. It does not, however, make them anymore real then you yourself think them to be.

*shrugs* Well, if you think I'm mad or delusional, well, I'll take it as a compliment on my success rate. It gives me something to do on the meantime.  

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:33 pm
Neotepid
*shrugs* Well, if you think I'm mad or delusional, well, I'll take it as a compliment on my success rate. It gives me something to do on the meantime.

One time, I had to talk a friend down from a drug bender and convince him time was still moving. Another time, I had to deal with a customer at my place of work accusing the people at the table next to her of stealing a cell phone...that was in her back pocket.

I bring these up to explain that I am WELL versed with madness and true, clinical delusion...and I wouldn't put those terms to you. I honestly think you're a bit confused, and that it'll sort itself out in time. I went through a time believing the exact sort of things you do...and it took time and perspective to see why those things weren't what I thought they were.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:07 pm
Kuroiban
Neotepid

One time, I had to talk a friend down from a drug bender and convince him time was still moving. Another time, I had to deal with a customer at my place of work accusing the people at the table next to her of stealing a cell phone...that was in her back pocket.

I bring these up to explain that I am WELL versed with madness and true, clinical delusion...and I wouldn't put those terms to you. I honestly think you're a bit confused, and that it'll sort itself out in time. I went through a time believing the exact sort of things you do...and it took time and perspective to see why those things weren't what I thought they were.

*shrugs* Well, in real life, if I could come off as being a bit..."off" with certain people, then I won't have to bother with them. Well, that and I get to have some interesting friends rather than those that do stereotypical "Male Adolescent" crap. AKA, talk about whether or not a girl is sexy. >_> I...don't judge. Some conversations I just can't do on principle.  

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:45 pm
Some of us have devoted years to the study and analysis of our religious world views. This kind of bullshit is harmful, because when you propogate this as "what pagans believe" you are presenting an image of paganism that is exceptionally damaging to things like "religious liberty".

Neotepid
Null

Have you spoken to a doctor about this?

If you have not, and by "talk to a doctor" I mean "have serious and extended counselling" and want us to believe that you are comfortable believing this, then it is my conceit you are lying.

A simple psychological deconstruction of the post tells us that you are comfortable sharing this "Null" with a bunch of strangers and do not entertain the concept that you are crazy. Which shows zero self criticism. Which sane people do when confronted with non normative things.
Now, I think you're Mr. Darking and expecting to find some degree of cooption here. Unless things have massively changed, that is not going to happen here.

If, however, you actually believe all of this. Get yourself to a doctor and then a therapist, what you are describing is symptomatic of a neurological condition which may be life threatening or of a psychosis which while harmless now could end up with you in jail.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:56 pm
If you happen to get a TLDR for what's below...
I'm done with talking here. Go ahead and say I'm crazy or I'm lying. I'll just say I'm lying, so you can win this debacle. Bye.

CuAnnan

I tend to entertain the concept I'm crazy, but not to the extent that I go wacko all the time. I understand that you guys think I'm lying and all that. How about this, if you think I'm lying, then let it die. If you think I'm psychotic or am crazy, then my own refusal of going there means that any further convincing would be rendered useless and in vain. I could tell you everything, but the point of the matter is, now that you believe I am crazy, it would still sound like madness unless you're where I am with any of this.

Yes, I speak of Null a lot. So much, he became "somewhat" real in my head, and I freaked out for it. Yes, I freaked out and imagined it so much that he became a thing in my head. THis is what I believe. I could keep saying "Yes it is", but you will always say "No it's not" unless I can give you PHYSICAL proof of something that is MENTALLY there.

I am not presenting this as pagan, because I don't even say "pagan" with anything. I don't say I'm a witch, warlock, pagan, mutant, inhuman, ghost, demon conjuror, or anything that suggests I have grand skill in magic or any of the sort. I can bring my friends and mention them, but you can refer to it as all being crazy, stupid, irrational, or a mass hallucination. You could NOT believe in aliens, and they may still be there. A teacher can believe that I'm LYING because I say my dog ate my homework when in actuality IT DID. Things happen, and people who don't believe that those things can happen or are real will deny it, label whoever believes crazy, and don't change their minds unless they're put in the same situation. Even then, THEY MAY STILL REFUSE!

But, aside from all of that, I'm just saying. I believe what I say is the truth, but if you constantly say that I'm lying then guess what.

OKAY, I'm lying. Now that I say this, I can go believing what I want, and you get ot believe that I'm making this all up when I don't think so. Win/win for both of us.  

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:08 pm
Neotepid
If you happen to get a TLDR for what's below...
I'm done with talking here. Go ahead and say I'm crazy or I'm lying. I'll just say I'm lying, so you can win this debacle. Bye.

Let's see if you're capable of honesty.
You read my reply. Be honest.

Neotepid
I tend to entertain the concept I'm crazy, but not to the extent that I go wacko all the time.

A rational person would acknowledge that they are not an expert in what psychological conditions lead to someone going whacko.
A rational person would acknowledge that they are not an expert in what neurological conditions would lead to death.

Since you are not a medical expert, you are discounting my very real "you need medical attention because you could pose a threat to yourself or others" warning.

Neotepid
How about this, if you think I'm lying, then let it die.

See, some of us find Truth more than an inconvenient concept. Some of us believe it is an objective, verifiable thing. Some of us find the propogation of Mr. Darkism morally and spiritually vile.

Neotepid
If you think I'm psychotic or am crazy, then my own refusal of going there means that any further convincing would be rendered useless and in vain.

Problem is, I'm trying to get you to admit it to yourself not to us.

Neotepid
I could tell you everything, but the point of the matter is, now that you believe I am crazy, it would still sound like madness unless you're where I am with any of this.

Please. I've met the dhali llama. I've seen Aung San Suu Kyi speak in Dublin, I've been to Bhuddist temples in Thailand, Shinto temples in Japan, I've walked the Dreamtime with the Kouri in Melbourne and at Ullaroo. All of those people (not me) had Truth in their words.
What do you think any of these people would say about your "Null"?
Now what do you think a neurologist or psychoanalyst would say about it?

It is my conceit that you don't believe this because, when confronted with the "look, if you really believe this then you are in serious medical trouble" thing, you resort to a tantrum.

Neotepid
unless I can give you PHYSICAL proof of something that is MENTALLY there.

An EEG coupled with an MRI scan would do the trick.
See that's the funny thing. Our brains are machines. And we can see inside them. So, yes, there is phsyical proof for things which are mentally there.
We know which neuron paths flare when we actively imagine things. So, yes, it is possible.

Neotepid
You could NOT believe in aliens, and they may still be there.

We're not saying aliens don't exist. We're saying you don't have one living in your basement that only you can see. There's a difference.

Neotepid
Win/win for both of us.

No. It's a loss for you.
See, I think this is a game for you.
And I think that it's a game that is actually potentially dangerous.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:27 pm
CuAnnan

I'm sorry, I stopped halfway when typing this first line because my mind wanted to go whoa with how many times you quoted me in the same post.

*finishes reading*

(O.o) I kinda like how you took samples of what I said. I don't always go for the tantrum, but if I type the first thing that comes to my mind that fits, then it's most likely sounds like a tantrum. That, and I'm still harrassed, even after months from when this thread was opened about what I put before. I rather be left alone about it.

And since sometimes people speak without thinking, there is usually a large margin for error to be found within their reasoning. But meh. How about this, I can listen to you, but I will refuse to change what I believe to be true. When I said, "I lie...win/win" it's a "I give you what you want, so I can get some peace."

In Salem Massachusettes, people were accused of being witches. Whether they were or not, those prosecuting you will not stop harming you until you say "Yes, I am a witch!" They could be lying, but the other would refuse the truth.

Could what I say be used as a double edge sword towards me? Well obviously. Do I believe myself an expert of mental and neurological conditions? No, but can I make assumptions, inferences, and observations on what others might find crazy? Yes, I can. Doesn't mean I'm always right, but it means it doesn't mean I'm consistently wrong.

Right now, no matter whether I believe that I'm right, wrong, sane, crazy, I will never win this argument because you are able to make more points when I can only make gesticulations about it all. If you believe that this is a game for me (whether you're referring to my thinking that Null is real or just this conversation itself) then I can't properly answer without coming across the "A rational person would awknoledge..." part of your rebuttle. Therefore, let me end it with this:

"I am tired. I read all of that post. I tried to make a response to as much of it as I could without going over it for too long. I rather not be bothered with any of this again. If you please, "Just let us drop the convo", and if you reply, I'll do what I believe would help end it and just not respond. Please and thank you."  

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:41 pm
Neotepid
I'm sorry, I stopped halfway when typing this first line because my mind wanted to go whoa with how many times you quoted me in the same post.

Please go back and read the post in toto.

Neotepid
I kinda like how you took samples of what I said.

I am dyslexic. It helps me to keep everything in order in my brain.

Neotepid
I rather be left alone about it.

You are trying to maintain that you believe it, while at the same time discounting the reality that if you believe it then you are in dire need of medical attention (if only to rule out the "brain tumor", "brain lesion", "aneurism" or psychological issues which could be serious that you are not qualified to discount). That you repeatedly ignore these is what makes me think you're Mr Darking.

Neotepid
How about this, I can listen to you, but I will refuse to change what I believe to be true.

Your "beliefs" do not stand up to cursory critical thought.

Neotepid
In Salem Massachusettes, people were accused of being witches.

That was ergot poisoning.

Neotepid
Could what I say be used as a double edge sword towards me?

Why is that, do you think?

Neotepid
I will never win this argument because you are able to make more points when I can only make gesticulations about it all.

No. It's because my points stand up to critical reasoning. They are consistent and coherent. They are grounded in reason.

Neotepid
if you reply, I'll do what I believe would help end it and just not respond. Please and thank you."

I don't want you to respond until you've applied some critical reasoning to your position.
I've already given you the tools to do so.
So do so.

But you won't.
Not until you're ready.
I hope, earnestly, that it is not too late.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:03 pm
CuAnnan

*shakes head* People tend to fight for the last word.

CuAnnan

I don't want you to respond until you've applied some critical reasoning to your position.

In the position I am in, unless I can give proper feedback in a manner that befits your personal logic and reasoning skills, then I am unable to make a counter that will not be hit with a rebuttle. In other words, unless I bend to what you're driving me towards, everything I say will most likely be put down and deflected.

The above may not necessarily be critical reasoning, but LOGIC says that I can't properly deter you with anything I say.

My position: "Losing"

Oh, and question: "Do you believe in mermaids?"  

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:30 am
Neotepid
shakes head* People tend to fight for the last word.

You know you don't have to respond.

Neotepid
In the position I am in, unless I can give proper feedback in a manner that befits your personal logic and reasoning skills, then I am unable to make a counter that will not be hit with a rebuttle.

You make that sound like a bad thing.
If you can create a coherent, consistent argument then maybe we'll listen to it.
But right now you're not doing that.
You're saying "Hey, I know this looks like I'm either starved for attention and am therefore making an elaborate game or that I'm unwell, and I can't give a reason why I'm neither, but I swear I'm neither and you should respect that".

Neotepid
In other words, unless I bend to what you're driving me towards, everything I say will most likely be put down and deflected.

Not deflected.
I don't deflect.

Neotepid
Oh, and question: "Do you believe in mermaids?"

What do you mean by "mermaids"? Like the Danish legend? I hold no position on danish legends.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:24 am
CuAnnan

I'm unable to make it coherent because I lack the skill to do so.

When I mentioned mermaids, I mean ones that are living like a bear or a crab. Because the idea of a creature that is half man and half fish is ludicrous, scientists listed such a creature as mythological. However, there is evidence that suggests that they do. Fishermen often find spears in some fish that they catch, sightings have been reported, and bodies have been found( by the Navy, but that was classified information). Ancient man made pictures and records of their marine brothers. They ARE real. These creatures were in different mythological stories around the world from cultures that never made contact with each other.

Despite the information above. Despite the evidence beforehand, scientists would see themselves--and anybody else for that matter--as crazy for believing that mermaids exist.

I could have seen a mermaid, told you, and you MIGHT( I don't know you, and this is hypothetical), not believe me. I could try to convince you, but I lack the ability to convince you or any scientist that it is true. I seen it, but you haven't. Others may have seen it, but a lot haven't.

With Null, the one in my head, I see him, or rather hear him. You can't see him because to do so requires a sixth sense and abilities that you either don't have or you're just not able to use because you are not here with me physically at the moment. There are others that are aware of Null, and it's not because I say "He is real." I questioned myself on whether the voice in my head was something else or my own imagination. I didn't wake up one day and decided, "Hey, I have an actual being in my head". I thought about it, fret over it, disbelieved, then came to accept it.

Here's another example for you. A long time ago, people use to believe the world is flat. Everyone looked. The ground appears level. I walk on it, go straight, and not in a circle. When I look forward, the Earth doesn't curve. If you think the Earth is round, then you're crazy. Back then, I bet you they could give proper critical reasoning on how the Earth is flat before they discovered that it is in fact round. Because it is a common belief that the Earth couldn't possibly be round, most arguments saying otherwise would be hard pressed to convince others.

Further describing him would require me to think harder on how to explain it to you in a way that helps it remain coherent. This Null is not an exact copy of the Null I write of, make story of, play as. Each being is different in their own way. If the Null that I claim in my head is a perfect match to where I say that the origin of the character is the same as the one playing around in my head, then coherency of how that happened is obviously blurred.

With this, you may ask "Oh, then how was he formed?" To that, I'd reply "He was a shadow within my subconscious, a possible "being" that portrays a thought or idea. My writing gave him form. My imagination gave him voice. My idiocracy gave him being." How he started is what you keep trying to drive at. "He's part of your imagination. He's not real."

I go to ask my friend(T) if he was real. You might ask, "Oh, and how could he do that?" I answer, "Through kinesis." I seen him use it in more physical forms. I saw him do it enough to believe. If I tell somebody who never heard or even so much as bother to think it is real, they'll laugh and turn their head. What he said was, "Yes and no." He's there, but not quite. The more I think about it, the more he becomes real. I spoke to my other friend (R), and he said that I needed to destroy him. The feeling of him didn't settle right, and my friend wanted Null gone. He said that Null might be trying to take control, devour my soul, and all this other stuff.

In an attempt to see if I can control him, I tried to make him more real and use him as a source of power (which I will admit was a stupid idea) or as something that is purely mine. I made up my own chant, willed it to happen, and nothing did. I tried it again and again, and nothing seemed to happen. The next day, I was in class, and I wondered if I could control Null now, if he was even there. Muttering the words I used before to myself, I held my hand over my face and tried to sweep it over like a mask appearing. What happened was a smile grew across my face, and laughter soon got caught in my throat, but it didn't escape. My eyes were dead set on R who was looking away. A cringe grew on his face, and he looked displease.

He said, "That's it." I forced myself to move my hand away and looked at him. I asked, "What's wrong?" He said, "Null was laughing in my head." Guess what happened next? I'm not going to tell you. I already mentioned it a couple of posts back. As the predicament stands, Null now exists as more than just a subconscious entity that has no freewill or self control. He became more than a random character that always appeared in a dream. He talks. He thinks. He acts. Every once in a while, he is even able to speak through me. This is usually done with a more high pitched voice and a constant grin.

In one sense, YES, you can call me crazy, BUT I know that this is weird. I know that it is not "normal" by the standards of the general populace, but things happen. I'm not the only person who has another being that lives within them. The thing is, of those that can talk to theirs, I'm the only one who happens to have his formed in his own mind rather than finding it through his soul. Setsuka lies in my soul, but I never came across her yet because I haven't gone that far.

If you actually read all of this, then kudos for you. Reality is something subjective and created by the memories, knowledge, and experiences that an individual live through. My reality is different from yours and everyone else. When a scientist say one thing, a high priestess may tell something completely different, but for the gen pop, the scientist is right, and the high priestess is a crazy woman rambling over a boiling pot.  

Neotepid

Shadowy Flatterer

16,125 Points
  • PvP 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:02 am
Neotepid
I'm unable to make it coherent because I lack the skill to do so.

And you don't see that as a serious problem?

Neotepid
Because the idea of a creature that is half man and half fish is ludicrous, scientists listed such a creature as mythological.

Scientists, en masse, do no such thing. It is outside of the remit of science to discuss about what may or may not exist but have not been observed. A cursory study of the scientific method would tell you this.

Neotepid
Fishermen often find spears in some fish that they catch, sightings have been reported, and bodies have been found( by the Navy, but that was classified information).

Citation please.

Neotepid
Ancient man made pictures and records of their marine brothers.

Citation please.

Neotepid
These creatures were in different mythological stories around the world from cultures that never made contact with each other.

Citation please.

Neotepid
Here's another example for you. A long time ago, people use to believe the world is flat. Everyone looked. The ground appears level. I walk on it, go straight, and not in a circle. When I look forward, the Earth doesn't curve. If you think the Earth is round, then you're crazy.

Urban myth.
The ancient greeks calculated the earth's radius to more than 99% accuracy.
The ancient chinese did likewise.
See, you're building up these analogies to support your position. But your analogies are all wrong.

Neotepid
If you actually read all of this, then kudos for you.

I skipped all of your Null bullshit, because I don't want to encourage you or enable your delusions. That would make me morally culpable for it.

Neotepid
Reality is something subjective and created by the memories, knowledge, and experiences that an individual live through.

The statement "reality is subjective" is an objective statement. If reality is subjective, please use only subjective statements to prove it.
You can't, can you?
Because it cannot be done.
The universe is objective, it is merely our perceptions of it that are subjective.

Neotepid
When a scientist say one thing, a high priestess may tell something completely different, but for the gen pop, the scientist is right, and the high priestess is a crazy woman rambling over a boiling pot.

If a high priestess tells us something that a scientist (speaking form an academically supportable, peer reviewed, published perspective) says is wrong, then I will read the research and make my own decisions.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff