notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 pm
Yeah...

...though candy-apple red would look totally bitchin', I'ma want to put other colors over it...

...so bloody red and silver it is...  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:36 pm
Best of luck on the mixing. Do be sure to post progress pics as you go.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:16 pm
notmuch_23
Oh...

wow...

...that blows...

So were you able to salvage any of your $200 purchase?

Well anyways, I've been thinking about this as well, since I'm starting my own technological Kabal. I'd like to have Electric Blue as a highlight and Somber Gray as a secondary, but what should be my primary? Some shade of purple, red? a metallic?

Any ideas?
yeah i did manage to save afew of the bikes and most of my raider, but id have to do alot to them to make them playable. i i might just turn them into ork terrain.

as for ur question wat about a metalic purple?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:18 pm
Asmusei
Doing purple is very typical of Dark Eldar, but I think mat-black with pale yellow trim would be cool, something a bit like your avatar.
that would be sweet actuly now that i think about it. ( my avi is pritty bitchin')  

II Deagle II

Asmusei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:41 pm
II Deagle II
Asmusei
Doing purple is very typical of Dark Eldar, but I think mat-black with pale yellow trim would be cool, something a bit like your avatar.
that would be sweet actuly now that i think about it. ( my avi is pritty bitchin')
There's also a spray can of base paint that is a metallic black. It looks really good for dark armor, even if you want it to be a different color. You might want to look into that as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:51 pm
II Deagle II
notmuch_23
Oh...

wow...

...that blows...

Well anyways, I've been thinking about this as well, since I'm starting my own technological Kabal. I'd like to have Electric Blue as a highlight and Somber Gray as a secondary, but what should be my primary? Some shade of purple, red? a metallic?

Any ideas?
yeah i did manage to save afew of the bikes and most of my raider, but id have to do alot to them to make them playable. i i might just turn them into ork terrain.

I'm already going with a metallic mix of Vallejo Gory Red with Vallejo's metallic medium: it ends up as close to a candy apple red as I've seen...  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:14 pm
Oh and btw this was my idea for my D eldar
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/spaze_62/DE_Reavers_01.jpg  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:23 pm
notmuch_23
II Deagle II
notmuch_23
Oh...

wow...

...that blows...

Any ideas?

I'm already going with a metallic mix of Vallejo Gory Red with Vallejo's metallic medium: it ends up as close to a candy apple red as I've seen...
you should show some Pics. im curious as to how it turned out.  

II Deagle II

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:24 pm
twisted
Asmusei
II Deagle II
Asmusei
There's also a spray can of base paint that is a metallic black. It looks really good for dark armor, even if you want it to be a different color. You might want to look into that as well.
Eh i plan to start Air brishing here in the next few weeks. wont need spray paint then haha  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:04 pm
II Deagle II
twisted
Asmusei
II Deagle II
Asmusei
Eh i plan to start Air brishing here in the next few weeks. wont need spray paint then haha
There you go.
By the way, I found this on Dakka and thought that this would be great for anyone looking or already are airbrushing: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/251253.page
The guy is very good at what he does, so it's definitely worth a read!  

Asmusei

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:21 pm
Photo Update of my somwat completed orks, still need to put a little more fine detail in but i thought id shouw u wat iv been doing latley

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:02 pm
II Deagle II
Photo Update of my somwat completed orks, still need to put a little more fine detail in but i thought id shouw u wat iv been doing latley

Dayum, the biker especially looks very nice. I like the uneven oil-stains and the facial detail.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:13 pm
DarkElf: Thx. i havnt been working on my orks as of late though. i switched gears and desided to make a necron army haha have a fair amount painted. also thats warboss on warbike. and since these pics i went back and lightened up all the Ork wars. they look alot better  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 am
This might be trying to resurrect a dead thread, but I haven't been back on for months, so meh.

Personally, I'm going to change my own Tau paint scheme because, let's be honest, trying to paint concrete camo just looks like unpainted units. I've been getting back into an old game I've never finished, despite having it for some seven years now, called Homeworld 2. I figured I could just paint them like the Progenitor race they have in-game. The best part is that I just have to wash the grey with some Snot Green I have lying around and do the red stripe.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Otherwise, what are you up to for your Necrons? I've always had a thought of getting a Bolt Gun-like spray paint that won't affect the plastic, then wash them with some blues for a bluish tint, then some abbadon to darken the crevices. Pictures would be great, too!  

Asmusei

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces