View Results

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:19 pm
Most certainly and I think you've done a fine job in doing so.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:09 pm
I bet Sprues come in a lot of use with Orks. At least, I know I would! You could build some bitchin' WAAAGH! banners and the like, especially buildings. The more crappy the structure, the more awesome it should look.  

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:50 pm
Exactly, and those low walls don't have to be so low...

Then there's bridges. I've made a couple steel girder-type bridges, but unfortunately I don't have either one available for pictures...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:44 pm
notmuch_23
Exactly, and those low walls don't have to be so low...

Then there's bridges. I've made a couple steel girder-type bridges, but unfortunately I don't have either one available for pictures...
That sounds pretty good, I'd like to see that. Also, I'm thinking of cutting sprues at two-inch increments and gluing them to the center of each other for a girder design and gluing a piece cut from a bag of Oranges for a much finer cross-thatch look for a bridge. Also, short pieces of dowels on the bottom could add the look of a floating, temporary bridge.  

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:12 pm
Well iv looked threw this thread and remembered i have seen sprues used as many things like detail peices for windowns or Rubble for Runes Ect. but i seen them used one way that i have used myself and thought it was a pritty sweet idea. [Link]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:08 pm
II Deagle II
Well iv looked threw this thread and remembered i have seen sprues used as many things like detail peices for windowns or Rubble for Runes Ect. but i seen them used one way that i have used myself and thought it was a pritty sweet idea. [Link]
Hey, that's actually a great idea! I love the things Mini Wargamer does, especially base details. One person suggested putting sprues through a meat grinder, those would probably work for adding underneath the crystals, like small ones starting to grow.  

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:44 pm
II Deagle II
Hey, that's actually a great idea! I love the things Mini Wargamer does, especially base details. One person suggested putting sprues through a meat grinder, those would probably work for adding underneath the crystals, like small ones starting to grow.
Agreed alot of the MWG stuff is real cool, and some of there videos are quite funny, i just like how the end result turns out in that video. makes u wonder wat else u could use them for cause they do tend to pile up around my bit box and i wouldnt mind using them for somthing. might just have to make a Citie of Death game board or somthing and use them for rubble.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:12 pm
II Deagle II
II Deagle II
Agreed alot of the MWG stuff is real cool, and some of there videos are quite funny, i just like how the end result turns out in that video. makes u wonder wat else u could use them for cause they do tend to pile up around my bit box and i wouldnt mind using them for somthing. might just have to make a Citie of Death game board or somthing and use them for rubble.
Well, if you're just as much of a dork as I, then I bet you could make a Tiberian field! It'd be hazardous terrain, pretty much just a piece of cardboard with green crystals growing in clusters. I think I just might do that, too...  

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:26 pm
II Deagle II
II Deagle II
Well, if you're just as much of a dork as I, then I bet you could make a Tiberian field! It'd be hazardous terrain, pretty much just a piece of cardboard with green crystals growing in clusters. I think I just might do that, too...
Haha by all means, it would look sweet, Make good Nids or even Necron Scenery. depending on how u paint it that is.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:57 pm
II Deagle II
II Deagle II
II Deagle II
Haha by all means, it would look sweet, Make good Nids or even Necron Scenery. depending on how u paint it that is.
Yep! You could probably have the radiation hazards for the green and mighty-rare blue Tiberian. Either way, if I do start a Necron army I will use plenty of crystals.  

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:35 pm
II Deagle II
II Deagle II
II Deagle II
Yep! You could probably have the radiation hazards for the green and mighty-rare blue Tiberian. Either way, if I do start a Necron army I will use plenty of crystals.
that makes me wonder wat the new Necrons look like.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:38 pm
II Deagle II
II Deagle II
II Deagle II
that makes me wonder wat the new Necrons look like.
You can find pictures. They kept almost all of the typical looks of them, the heads, torsos, arms, so on don't look like they've changed.  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:01 pm
II Deagle II

I've actually tried that once. I ground down the corners where the sprue is wider to about the opposite angle that the draft is already at to make hexagons first, but I don't have very many models that would liik right with crystals on the base.

I just chopped 'em across for bolt heads instead.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:39 pm
One thing they work good for is supporting flat panels such as the floors on Cities of Death buildings, or the back of walls on scratch-built buildings.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:05 pm
They also make nice ladders for those buildings.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff