Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
The Ultimate Political Showdown of Ultimate Destiny Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whom is the greatest?
  The Consevatives
  New Labour
  The Liberal Democrats
  UKIP
  BNP
  DUP
  SDLP
  Sinn Fein
  UUP
  Scottish Independance Party
View Results

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:34 pm
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
British communist party...because I don't take them seriously enough to give them their share of the hatred I keep bottled up for political parties. Ironic.

And you -do- the MRLP?

Poor Communists, they'd feel so silly..

I lost faith in them when they let Lord Such stop being in charge.

Well, I suppose if they kept him on...they really would merit the "monster raving loony" part of their name.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
British communist party...because I don't take them seriously enough to give them their share of the hatred I keep bottled up for political parties. Ironic.

And you -do- the MRLP?

Well, I suppose if they kept him on...they really would merit the "monster raving loony" part of their name.

Exactly. Now if he had left to pursue a career as a lecturer on pagan symbology in corporate logos, that would have been acceptable...But to die and then just give up...  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:43 pm
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

And you -do- the MRLP?

Exactly. Now if he had left to pursue a career as a lecturer on pagan symbology in corporate logos, that would have been acceptable...But to die and then just give up...

Given the nature of his death, I suspect he gave up and died. Rather than dying and then giving up.

confused

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:33 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

And you -do- the MRLP?

Given the nature of his death, I suspect he gave up and died. Rather than dying and then giving up.

confused

Either way, i refuse to vote for any party that doesn't have a corpse for a leader...incidentaly, I supported the Conservatives under Howard, but not under Cameron.  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:52 pm
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

confused

Either way, i refuse to vote for any party that doesn't have a corpse for a leader...incidentaly, I supported the Conservatives under Howard, but not under Cameron.

Time for a Great British Exhumation, methinks.

What'll it be? Churchill? Asquith? Thatcher?

Oh. Right..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:10 am
I believe it was Cromwell who was dug up and hanged when the monarchy was restored...Though that may just be my mind creating happy images.  

and_solo_said

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:03 am
http://www.davethechameleon.com/

You have to hand it to them, it's brilliant. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:43 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Mr. Bono Vox

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:20 am
http://www.davethechameleon.com/video/web/dave-the-chameleon-s.mov

Hm..

I'm with Bono on the point of there doing no actually contradiction in any of what is said. So really, I'm left with a faint admiration for Labour bringing out a lively ad campaign for a change. But rather despairing at the childish and patronising tone of it all.

And that's ignoring the niggling little point that it's not really true.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:26 pm
Of course it is negative campagining, this is politics. I just love the audacity of it all. If you look in the past the Conservative party is hardly one to complain when it comes to such underhand tactics.

I like the whole package. They even went to the trouble of setting up a dummy website to coincide with the election broadcast. Pure politic spin at its most amusing.

On one hand, you have Labour saying that Cameron cannot be trusted; on the other you have the Conservatives telling us that we need to be more environmentally friendly!

Both are as bad as each other.

It's great.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:50 am
A Lost Iguana
Of course it is negative campagining, this is politics. I just love the audacity of it all. If you look in the past the Conservative party is hardly one to complain when it comes to such underhand tactics.

I like the whole package. They even went to the trouble of setting up a dummy website to coincide with the election broadcast. Pure politic spin at its most amusing.

On one hand, you have Labour saying that Cameron cannot be trusted; on the other you have the Conservatives telling us that we need to be more environmentally friendly!

Both are as bad as each other.

It's great.
gonk neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:41 pm
Me? labour.....why, because there the only ones left....
I know they dont dserve it, the theiving sons of a..... but there really isnt mutch off a alternitave.
'cause liberal dems dont have the power (i want them to win, i just wont happen), the conservitives are nasty (but david cameron seems to be going in the right direction...) and UKIP are, as david cameroon said, "a butch of closet racists". I happen to share that opinion with him. but feel free to dis-agree, i want a "benelovent dictator" to come, maybe the queen?  

aravier

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:01 am
We need a libertarian party, in my view. Not using the US template, but that sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:58 am
I would vote for the Nazi party at this point if they came out and said: 'we're Nazi's, we're going to kill everyone with the wrong shaped heads and then shoot each other.' Just so long as they meant it.  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:03 am
and_solo_said
I would vote for the Nazi party at this point if they came out and said: 'we're Nazi's, we're going to kill everyone with the wrong shaped heads and then shoot each other.' Just so long as they meant it.

Has the point passed yet?  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games