Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
DADA((Closed)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free gold.
YAY!
100%
 100%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 10

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:55 pm
class work
(do you want to know about my real life or about my rp character)
rp character
*stands up*
"hey all im james telemar a 7th year slytherin that has the 7th year curse although im close to breaking it i just need to figure out what was going on on that tuesday in my 3rd year
anyways im an elf not a house elf but one of the more anceitn forums im 5,645 years old by human standards but only 22 by elven standards im one of the anceint creatures known more as the fey or fairfolk im a combat magic and chaos magic user i have some small gift in other magics but they dont come easily for me
i have been taking classes for a few years now (ooc i think this is like my 5th full year with 2 or 3 terms per year)
i love pranks and mischief and im intrigued by the things the other races seem to do all the time"
*sits down

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:47 pm
"My name's Louis Spencer, i've got a tendency to experiment in new spells or items running on magic, I also love to read, that's about it." (sorry i tend to allow my rp characters to develop themselves, i don't like forcing anything)  

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:32 pm
"Hey y'all! I'm Riku, and this is my 4th year here at Hogwarts! Really looking foward to learning a bunch this year. Don't know what else to say besides I enjoy many of the classes here, and I'll always turn in my homework and do my classwork. Unless something more important comes up that is..." cool  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:37 pm
Riku Masen
"Hey y'all! I'm Riku, and this is my 4th year here at Hogwarts! Really looking foward to learning a bunch this year. Don't know what else to say besides I enjoy many of the classes here, and I'll always turn in my homework and do my classwork. Unless something more important comes up that is..." cool

"More important huh?" Smirks. "Someone wants a wand upside their heads. Just kidding! XD "  

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:41 pm
Hello, I am Lana Anima. I am an enthusiastic Hufflepuff. With a love for learning. I always have a lot on my plate, and sometimes i get stressed because of that. But i will always try my best.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:35 pm
hey when is lesson 2 coming?  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:33 am
techpriest35
hey when is lesson 2 coming?

This coming Monday I'll put it up. Or tomorrow. Between those two days.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:40 am
ok will continue waiting for lesson 2 to be put up it seems as if the guild has died sad  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:29 am
techpriest35
ok will continue waiting for lesson 2 to be put up it seems as if the guild has died sad

I just wanted to give everyone a chance to turn in their assignments before posting the next one. That's all. I'm taking a class and teaching one so I'm good. What would make you think the guild is dead?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:43 am
all of the classrooms havent had a post before this one except mine in about 1-2 days teh common rooms are empty as far as i can tell no one is in the great hall none of the usual rp sections are being used pages are moving in the guild those types of things tend to make me think the guild is pretty much dead either they are all in the games sub forum or in the discussion or the sfq thread or they are just not on the guild and i have seen several members online but no guild activity happens i already had to drop the only ravenclaw cause they werent even trying to be active in my charms class i posted a clear date and gave them warnings but after sign ups there was no activity from the raven claw
i still predict a hufflepuff win for house cup unless an event starts and the slytherins pull out of 3rd witha clsoe 4th for griffendor and ravenclaw goes and becomes more active(even though they are in 2nd right now that wont last for long)

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

A Peaceful Eternity

Popular Pusher

9,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:25 pm
Sophie walks up to the teacher of the class, and hands in her classwork, which reads.

"Classwork Assignment
Sophie Counlay
First Year
Gryffindor

The defensive spell I researched was 'Immobulus'. all I know about it is that it immobilizes your target. Hermione used this to freeze the pixies who were let loose in the DADA classroom during Gildroy Lockhart's first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson.

Lupin used this spell to stop the Whomping Willow from attacking him when he wanted to go down into the underground passage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:37 pm
Eternal Rainbow Cookie
Sophie walks up to the teacher of the class, and hands in her classwork, which reads.

"Classwork Assignment
Sophie Counlay
First Year
Gryffindor

The defensive spell I researched was 'Immobulus'. all I know about it is that it immobilizes your target.

"There's a bit more to it then that. Look it up here and try to elaborate more on that."

Spell Encyclopedia  

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:52 pm
house slytherin
year 7th
username techpriest35
rp name james telemar
Protego (Shield Charm)
Pronunciation: /proʊˈteɪɡoʊ/ proh-TAY-goh
Description: The Shield Charm causes minor to strong jinxes, curses, and hexes to rebound upon the attacker. It can also cause a shield to erupt from the caster's wand. This Charm was created by Trevor Poor
Suggested Etymology: Latin protego meaning "to protect".
Notes: cannot block unforgivable curses
Seen/mentioned: First seen in Goblet of Fire, in which Harry Potter is taught this spell by Hermione Granger in preparation for the third task in the Triwizard Tournament. Also used throughout the series. Examples are in Order of the Phoenix when Harry blocks Snape's Legilimency after a lengthy Occlumency lessons and when Harry is duelling the Death Eaters. Harry later uses this spell in Half-Blood Prince to block Snape's jinx when he was showing Ron how to cast a spell without saying a word. Hermione later uses it in Deathly Hallows to separate Ron and Harry when they are fighting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:30 pm
Rp name: Louis Spencer, Year 2, House: Ravenclaw, Username: Wrathofrealm

Repello (Repelling Charm)
(re-PEL-oh)
Spell that keeps something away from the caster or from a target object that the spell is cast upon.
The basic spell for repelling something starts with "Repello" followed by the correct Latinate word for the target to be repelled. Before the Golden Snitch was introduced to Quidditch, this spell was cast by the spectators to keep the Snidget on the pitch

Verya Sylvani

Moonlight Stalker

11,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Yukina101

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:16 pm
House: Gryffindor
Year: 1
Username: Yukina101
RP name: Chanell Vann
Tarantellegra
(Tair-an-tuh-leg-ruh)
Description: This spell causes the castor's victim's legs to do a mad dance uncontrollably and unable to stop unless being release by the finite counter-curse.
Etymology: Tarantella is a dance in Italy while Allegro is an Italian word for fast
Note: While it's roots may come from an Italian dance the Tarantellegra curse is not one. It's not really a dance more of a way for your legs to go out of control so the victim can't focus their spell casting. Not to be used when learning to dance.
Seen/Mentioned: This spell was used on Neville Longbottom in the Order of Phoenix by Antonin Dolohov and was first used on Harry Potter in the dueling club in the Chamber of Secrets by Draco Malfoy.

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff