Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
Auto-Bump [Edited 1st post] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:03 am
Elegant Walnut

yup..they mentioned that they love to put bump stamps when bumping and in the case of auto bump, they're not able to do so

Hm, oh my that's a problem I've already made the links of some tanks auto... D:
*busy busy again* .D: thank you for posting >3<

Arch Angel Neko
oh this is actually a good thought. And I'm going to make mine have a choice of either autobump or not ^_^ *thumbs up for this*

*thumbs up* xD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 am
My only question is, isn't it against ToS? :l  

LeafyNitemare

Swashbuckling Elder

17,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100

mafia18 got banned

Prophet

15,675 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:44 am
actually u need a mule for this
the dark water guild originally came from this idea through one of their members ( originally from that guild too )
it is simple and just needs a few quotations

this is the original post from the dark water guild ~

Quote:
The AutoBump: The whaaaa?

&action_submit=true

That's the magic code that will make a QUOTED reply skip the entry form altogether, and go straight to the submission page that automatically re-directs to the thread.
What this does is eliminate those extra clicks and few seconds that it takes to bump someone's tank. What this MEANS, is that you can finally bump tanks instantly, and it makes it even easier for you to bump them BEFORE playing, so that tank has a whole extra minute to gain more players!

Before I get into explaining it, I'd like to thank NinjaBoy1989 for unveiling this little piece of information.
It'll help revolutionize Booty Grab guild and stalker thread organization!

An Example Link:
Click Here to see it in action!

How It Works:

This little addition of code works as the extra click that it takes to submit the post. And doesn't take but a minute to set up. This IS NOT for using in other people's threads. It can only be used in a link that YOU are creating.

Note: This DOES NOT work when quoting posts made in a guild,
but DOES work in every other natural forum.

[1] First, you have to visit the thread you wish to be bumped.

[2] Second, you have to leave a reply in that thread while on the account you'd like to be quick-quoted.

[3] Next, you have to submit that reply, and let the re-direct screen bring you back to it in the thread.

[4] Click the QUOTE button of the post you just submitted, which will be your new AutoBumped quote.

[5] Copy the URL that appears in the address bar of that entry form.

[6] Add the code
&action_submit=true to the end of that URL.

[7] That NEW URL can be used to replace your previous bump link. Instead of it leading to the reply box, it'll now automatically submit the quoted text!

A typical bump link will look like this:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/compose/entry/new/74169389/?quote=2

Your new AutoBump link will look like this:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/compose/entry/new/74169389/?quote=2&action_submit=true

Click on them and see how they react differently!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:04 am
Placed an auto bump button on page one of the Dolphin Section, and as you can see...IT SUCKS ahahha sorry bout that xDD

*vows down*

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 am
LeafyNitemare

I've been wanting to ask this as well..
>o< is it is it?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:37 am
Oh, I saw that the other day in someone's signature, so I tried it (as the tank was glowing, obviously! xD) and found it quite handy. It saves time as we don't have to type anything in the reply box + submit.  

Princeries

O.G. Seeker

Felinophile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:37 am
its a good thing as far as saving time but sometimes i like to use bump stamps for the thread so people know where they were bumped from. i guess it really doesnt matter as long as your bumped as most dont check their glow thread anyway  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:02 am
Good idea  

sachara

Sparkling Girl

Magnolia Sweet Tea

Romantic Girl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:37 am
I like it - but I also like the Reply Box too - mainly so I have the opportunity to write things in it if I catch a hermit cat or other gift - or maybe type a glitch - maybe type the scores - random info 4laugh So, maybe having both is not a bad idea ^-^

That way, I can auto bump, grab, then reply box bump (that gives them 2 bumps to help the tank owner) 3nodding

I can't put one in my signature though - I go to several guilds, can't go to all of the good ones and do them all justice, so I do the best I can for the ones I'm in. I like the idea though heart

Awww Dark Waters and Sparkling Waters meet, gets engaged, and what does that make? Sparkling Dark Waters??? (giggles)

WARNING: ToS or Rules and Guidelines say, we are not supposed to advertise in our posts - only in our signatures. Most of you know this, but just in case you didn't, just wanted to let you know. That means, no links to the banners in the posts - only in signatures. (Roger that) The banners are okay, because the members are already a member of your guild - why would someone report you for letting them know, they were bumped from another member from the same guild they are in?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:01 am
ninjaboy1989
User Image
Only love let’s us see normal things in an extraordinary way.

hey ninja boy. i have a few questions, i was wondering if i could pm you to ask them.

h1sarmyw1f3

Girl-Crazy Hoarder

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Friendly 100

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:37 am
h1sarmyw1f3

hey ninja boy. i have a few questions, i was wondering if i could pm you to ask them.

its ok 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:51 am
chiisai-akanbo
LeafyNitemare

>o< is it is it?

It shouldn't be, Like Brillie said, it's only against the ToS to advertise, but that's another reason why my advertisements are invites as well. Can't hold me accountable for advertising when I'm inviting that person to begin with! biggrin

Aaaand Chii-hunni, where would you like to go for our honeymoon? <3 As Dr. Hammond in Jurassic Park would say.. "Spare no expense". xD

Brillie_0
Awww Dark Waters and Sparkling Waters meet, gets engaged, and what does that make? Sparkling Dark Waters??? (giggles)

Bahahaha <33 Priceless.  

DarkErotica

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 am
chiisai-akanbo
LeafyNitemare

>o< is it is it?

this should not be an issue if the thread owner allows it sweatdrop
it is a bad thing to advertise in a specialized thread that has nothing to do with what your advertising 3nodding

example:

booty-grab thread owners most likely want to know where the bumps are coming from

but for art/bump/services shop owners it is spam because the advertiser may steal costumers and it becomes a competition to keep the costumers in the shop 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:05 am
I love the auto bump feature, and think it would be nice to have both reply box links and auto bump links!  

Miss Mary Muffet

Anxious Kitten

Yuuki-Kanashimi

6,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 am
chiisai-akanbo

I think it's a swell idea! ^_^  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]