Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Alchemy II ~ (1/5) Open! (Nicholas Flamel) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:31 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

”Take out your notes, today, we will be learning about Albus Dumbledore.

“Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He is most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicholas Flamel in constructing the Philosopher’s Stone.

“Now, can anyone tell me what they know about Albus Dumbledore?”

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:32 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

The professor entered the classroom hastily, his clock had ran several minutes late, thus, making the professor himself late. The Hispanic man carried himself diligently to the front of the classroom and examined each desk which contained a basin of murky brown water, and with a simple wave of his wand, the familiar script of Juan Angel Amorocho scribbled upon the board with instructions and information over a spell to be learned this class. ”The elements are a closely related subject to alchemy, it was once believed that everything could be made using a combination of the four elements.. In those days, they had also associated each element with a human association…

“Fire, is an element of heart, water, an element of soul, wind is associated with mind, and earth is with the body. With that in mind, certain spells are going to be easier or harder dependent upon your own level of association with each of the four categories, and later in the year, you’re going to learn how to brew a simple potion which can actually help you figure out which element you’re closest associated with.

“Now, today, we’re going to learn the spell, delbou, which can purify an amount of water of impurities to make it drinkable, the amount, of course, is dependent upon the casters ability and spirit. Concentration is very important, along with pronunciation, say it with me, del-BUE, now, turn to the basins of water at your desk and give it a go.”

Quote:

Name of the spell Delbou
Pronunciation of the spell Del-BUE
Meaning behind the name Dealbo meaning: to purify, whitewash
Effects of the spell This spell purifies water of any impurites making it drinkable
Wand movements required to perform properly: Concentration is key; with a gentle gesture, point the tip of the water towards the body of water
Is there a distance requirement? Must be within several feet
Are the effects lasting? It is long-lasting, unless other factors are added (ex: pollution)

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:52 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Fourth Year

User Image Jessica had been waiting in the classroom, after missing the last class -- which she felt really bad about. When she had first got there, the pale redhead had wondered if she had arrived at the wrong time.

After she had realized that she had arrived early, Jess patiently waited for Professor Amorocho's arrival. When he did, Jess' green gaze deftly kept up as she scribed the notes on the 'elements': fire, water, wind and earth.... Jess noticed that one was missing as per her Greek ancestery; however, Jess held her question to after she tried the spell for water purification:

Name of the spell Delbou
Effects of the spell This spell purifies water of any impurites making it drinkable
Wand movements required to perform properly: Concentration is key; with a gentle gesture, point the tip of the wand towards the body of water
Are the effects lasting? It is long-lasting, unless other factors are added (ex: pollution)

After clearing her mind for casting the spell, Jess concentrated on the murky water in the basin in front and pointed her wand. The redhead's intent became clear within her mind as her Cypress wand moved slighty toward the basin, "Del-BUE!"

Within moments, the murky liquid cleared as if the contaminents within evaporated away a morning fog retreating from the sun. Jessica was now looking at a basin of clear, clean water. After setting her wand down, Jess' previous thought represented itself, and the young Slytherin raised her hand. When she was acknowledged, she asked the question that nagged her, "Professor, you spoke of four elements, while the Greeks and other cultures noted five. Plato himself wrote in the Timaeus describing the fifth element: Aether as 'that which God used in the delineation of the universe.' Aristotle later wrote that Aether had no qualities of being neither hot, cold, wet, or dry. While Aether did not change in quality, it could change in denisity as those following Plato and Aristotle further studied. However.... From what I am hearing, does that mean that there is no room for Aether in the model of modern alchemy?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:07 pm
User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:18 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

”Welcome back students, I hope you had an excellent summer. This year we’re going to dive right back in with a lecture about one of the greatest alchemists in history—Nicholas Flamel. If your new, or if you don’t remember me, my name is Professor Angel. If you haven’t already, take out your notebook or parchment and quill and begin taking notes.

“The famed alchemist Nicolas Flamel, born in the 1327, created the only known Philosopher's Stone in existence. Flamel used the Elixir of Life made from the stone to extend his and his wife, Perenelle's, lifespan for centuries until they decided to destroy the stone in 1992, where the couple soon died afterwards.

“The Philosopher's Stone was a man-made, blood-red stone with magical properties. It could be used to create the Elixir of Life, which extended the drinker's lifespan, as well as transform any metal into pure gold. The Philosopher's Stone was believed to mystically amplify the user's knowledge of alchemy so much that anything was attainable.

“You should remember from last year, the stone was finally found within Hogwarts School by Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, after a series of trials and tasks set by the professors, Mister Harry Potter saved the stone and returned it to Dumbledore where he and Nicholas Flamel decided to destroy it.

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, does anyone have any questions?”
The Hispanic professor inquired, glancing about his students and their scribbling quills.

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:40 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Fourth Year, Slytherin Seeker
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Annabelle arrived to her alchemy class early that afternoon, though, she didn’t know why. She supposed it all had to have been coincidence; Lady had stumbled upon her in the common room earlier that day and proceeded to knead all over her legs, leaving scratchy little claw mars along her thighs. Still, the feline was too precious to turn away. Eventually, the half kneazle decided to scamper along, and, she did too. Descending into her usual seat in the class, right next to where Devin would be, she gathered her ink, quill, and parchment, and began to scribble down the days lesson in her elegant script.

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Patience

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:16 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

”Take out your notes, today, we will be learning about Albus Dumbledore.

“Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He is most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicholas Flamel in constructing the Philosopher’s Stone.

“Now, can anyone tell me what they know about Albus Dumbledore?”

[[All missed classes can be completed in his office.]]]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:51 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Fourth Year, Slytherin Seeker
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Skipping light heartedly towards her next class, Annabelle enthusiastically greeted the Hispanic professor perched at the forefront of the classroom as she glided towards her own desk. Rummaging through her enchanted purse, she found her quill, ink, and parchment, and began to take notes.

A soft sigh graced her lips yet again, her free hand found the time to drum her fingers along her table as she copied down Professor Angel’s notes. Now that she was finally dating Devin, she had hoped she’d have more time with him, but, between all of her extra practices and lessons, between trying to start up a dueling club and Devin now being captain—well—she found herself missing him more and more every day.

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Patience

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:04 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

”Today, we will be learning the delbou spell, which, can purify any sort of sludgy liquid into purified drinking water. Very handy spell to have indeed if you plan to spend a lot of times outdoors.

“Now, turn to page three hundred eighty-two in your textbooks to the spell and begin practicing. I’ve summoned a goblet of muddy water to your desks so that you may practice at your own discretion.”

Name of the spell Delbou
Effects of the spell This spell purifies water of any impurities making it drinkable
Wand movements required to perform properly: Concentration is key; with a gentle gesture, point the tip of the water towards the body of water
Did your Character create the spell? No.
Year needed to cast Fifth
Is this for a class? Yes, Alchemy

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:36 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

A new year, a new day.

”Welcome back students, I hope you had an excellent summer. This year we’re going to dive right back in with a lecture about one of the greatest alchemists in history—Nicholas Flamel. If your new, or if you don’t remember me, my name is Professor Angel. If you haven’t already, take out your notebook or parchment and quill and begin taking notes.

“The famed alchemist Nicolas Flamel, born in the 1327, created the only known Philosopher's Stone in existence. Flamel used the Elixir of Life made from the stone to extend his and his wife, Perenelle's, lifespan for centuries until they decided to destroy the stone in 1992, where the couple soon died afterwards.

“The Philosopher's Stone was a man-made, blood-red stone with magical properties. It could be used to create the Elixir of Life, which extended the drinker's lifespan, as well as transform any metal into pure gold. The Philosopher's Stone was believed to mystically amplify the user's knowledge of alchemy so much that anything was attainable.

“You should remember from last year, the stone was finally found within Hogwarts School by Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, after a series of trials and tasks set by the professors, Mister Harry Potter saved the stone and returned it to Dumbledore where he and Nicholas Flamel decided to destroy it.

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, does anyone have any questions?”
The Hispanic professor inquired, glancing about his students and their scribbling quills.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:10 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:18 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Fourteen: Slytherin Chaser

Tuesday afternoon, Amanda walked into her last class of the day, Alchemy. Right away, the Slytherin took out her writing utensils and parchment, then she jotted down quite a bit of notes.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:57 pm
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Fourth Year || Chaser || Vice-Captain

Back to alchemy class! Chase sat towards the front of the room, ready for another lesson in the class. The lesson shed more light on the alchemist, which acted as a nice lecture to ease into the year. The Ravenclaw jotted down notes here and there, facts that he would not remember on his own. Finding that he had no questions, he simply looked up and waited.

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Shina Kiremono~Fourth Year~Ravenclaw Seeker

User Image

Shina walked into class, giving a friendly nod to Amanda and Chase. Choosing her seat, she set out her supplies for the class. Professor Angel dove right into the lesson, and Shina's quill flew as she took neat, quick notes. Shina couldn't think of any questions, so she glanced around to see if anyone else was going to ask something.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:40 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℋufflepuff ℭaptain and ℬeater
ℱourth ϒear ℋalf~ℬlood

Heather and Dhylan
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather slipped into the classroom and sat down next to the only person she really considered a friend in this class, Chase. Taking out her notebook and quill, she proceeded to take notes. This was one of her favorite classes because it wasn't like the other ones she had. It was very much a science, as well as a study of magic and even potions at time. It was like three classes in one, which was pretty awesome in her opinion. At the end of the lecture, the professor asked for questions. Heather pondered, then spoke. "Could you elaborate on that last statement, Professor? About alchemy being a philosophy as well as a practical magic. Just for the sake of knowledge, of course." She felt foolish for asking such a simple question that didn't have anything to do with the lesson, but it was a question nonetheless.
User Image

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces