Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
SO? Should I continue changing the buttons? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bluebelle Babe

Conservative Member

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:35 am
Blue's cool! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:13 am
chiisai-akanbo

I really like the new buttons in the mermaid section. the darker blue background makes contrast sharper and easier for the text to be seen. The light blue used in the new dolphin buttons is nice, but just a wee bit straining on the eyes. I do on another note, love the idea having the tiny fish icon on the button.

As far as the sections go, yes, a little cleaning would be a wonderful thing. I've been noticing a growing number of tanks that switched their contents and probably didn't let you or your crew know. razz Some people do that for a short time period, like a weekend they wont be home or something, so I didn't want to report it earlier.

I believe I'm the one that suggested making the Super Mixed Section the section for high-end mixes. Mainly because those people that pour almost a million gold into a full tank, deserve their own section for guaranteed plays. They're just as important as the dolphin owners.

However, the gwee section.. well, I don't come across too many full tanks of gwees, or even half-tanks for that matter. With exception of course, they mostly seem to be a filler fish, that go with dolphins or airsharks and such. Don't really see it pertinent to give them their own section unless you have at least 2 pages of (20+) tanks worthy of being in a "gwee specific" section. It's not completely a bad idea, it's just not a good idea unless the seperation is worth it.

My stalker thread just reached over 70 tanks, and since I like having it organized, it's become a royal pain to move pages of entire sections to have the space to add that 16th tank. Therefore I recently created [Dark Waters] (which I'd love your opinion on btw, you do an amazing job here with SW), and I'm using the same section separation as I did in my stalker thread. The problem is, I'm already getting a little feedback, that having too many sections makes browsing the directory a little tedious. I know it could be either the fact that I don't have pages and pages of tanks yet, or the fact that there really is too many sections. I thought the few I had were a happy medium between too vague and too specific. Anyway, to keep those masses happy, I've been considering making a "Pot Luck" section, with all the tanks in it, all jumbled up. It's bound to be a large section, but for those speed demons, the mystery of it might be an added thrill.

I don't mean to plug my own guild too much, so I apologize for that, but it helped relate my opinion on the idea. heart I do love offering any help and opinions I can to assist you in making sure SW stays the best guild out there. wink

Anyway, I LOVE what you do here with SW, I can't say that enough, and I would extremely value any and all opinions you have with [Dark Waters]. I've put an incredible amount of work into it the last week and i'd like to see it start off right and do well. heart Please join if you like also. blaugh

heart DE heart  

DarkErotica

Empress of Arcadia

Revered Healer

28,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:13 am
They are definitely more pretty than the previous ones and they are even better with the designated fish on them!
I agree with everyone who has said to keep them!
^.^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:29 am
My thoughts: New button design is cool. The old ones WERE nice, but these newer ones are more fitting for the aquatic element that an aquarium obviously brings, and the small picture of the specified fish is also very nice. It reminds those who are lost where they are, and just adds a sense that everything is quite organized. The Mermaid's button NEEDS to be touched up though, because the picture wasn't fitted to the border of the button, and that REALLY bothered me... So final opinion: New buttons. Much more stylish and organized.

Chaos Xeloc

Lonely Humorist

6,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

cowgirl85 DDS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:19 am
You could do some buttons blue, some red, and some green to give a variety. Like have one category of buttons be blue, another category of buttons be red and the other green. Just a suggestion.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:01 pm
I'm pretty okay with the buttone biggrin  

bayewulf

Tipsy Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Wall Street 200

brilliantbluestar_0

Romantic Cheerleader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:46 pm
I like the blue ones too (love blue, then pink, then purple lol) Also, the little dolphin's head sticking out of the button is really adorable ^-^

I liked your old buttons too though : )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:10 pm
zariqueen
A suggestion for any banners/ads/etc:

Please *don't* use flashing or blinking stuff. As a person with migraines, those kind of things will set off my headaches...I just cannot look at them.

Thank you. 3nodding

waaa orry bout that >o<
I totally forgot that some people might have problems with it I'll work on it.
but it will take a while so please bear with me. sweatdrop  

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

zariqueen

Dangerous Hunter

15,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:16 pm
chiisai-akanbo
zariqueen
A suggestion for any banners/ads/etc:

Please *don't* use flashing or blinking stuff. As a person with migraines, those kind of things will set off my headaches...I just cannot look at them.

Thank you. 3nodding

waaa orry bout that >o<
I totally forgot that some people might have problems with it I'll work on it.
but it will take a while so please bear with me. sweatdrop

Ty for addressing this. Nono, take your time...one person can only work on so much so quickly. 3nodding mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:24 pm
cowgirl85 DDS
You could do some buttons blue, some red, and some green to give a variety. Like have one category of buttons be blue, another category of buttons be red and the other green. Just a suggestion.

I'll see what I can do >w<
and I like your suggestion thank you!

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 pm
Chaos Xeloc
My thoughts: New button design is cool. The old ones WERE nice, but these newer ones are more fitting for the aquatic element that an aquarium obviously brings, and the small picture of the specified fish is also very nice. It reminds those who are lost where they are, and just adds a sense that everything is quite organized. The Mermaid's button NEEDS to be touched up though, because the picture wasn't fitted to the border of the button, and that REALLY bothered me... So final opinion: New buttons. Much more stylish and organized.

I know right? That happens to me as well like...What section am I at again? xDDD
Oh I see haha that bothered me as well but I'll see what I can do hoho
**AJA! chiisai!* >w< <---Aja means you can do it*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:45 pm
DarkErotica

Oops sorry about the dolphin section I'll see what I can do but I won't be able to promise anything D:

Yeah I do hope they inform someone though if they're leaving for a long time since that makes the job easier and well...
makes the bootynator more organized and such, but informing us even if they'll leave only for a while helps too.

Yep yep~ I liked your idea sorry if I wasn't able to reply I had my mind filled with things to do IRL and on gaia so there are times when I can't reply. It will take me a lot of time with all of the proposed changes so this might take a while.

Hm I agree on that, before gwee tanks were.. well i can see full gwee tanks before but now they're just fillers so the said section is 50-50..

Thank you and it's okay *o* hello to your guild *waves*
That idea is nice, though lemme tell you that it takes a lot of work not to mention managing it. But I agree that going back and forth sections is a hassle so people might just want an All tank section,, to lessen the work you could try and ask for the members' cooperation on helping you with managing the tanks since doing it alone is tiring.
I will try and visit sometime v(^o^)v  

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

DarkErotica

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:58 pm
chiisai-akanbo
DarkErotica

Oops sorry about the dolphin section I'll see what I can do but I won't be able to promise anything D:

Yeah I do hope they inform someone though if they're leaving for a long time since that makes the job easier and well...
makes the bootynator more organized and such, but informing us even if they'll leave only for a while helps too.

Yep yep~ I liked your idea sorry if I wasn't able to reply I had my mind filled with things to do IRL and on gaia so there are times when I can't reply. It will take me a lot of time with all of the proposed changes so this might take a while.

Hm I agree on that, before gwee tanks were.. well i can see full gwee tanks before but now they're just fillers so the said section is 50-50..

Thank you and it's okay *o* hello to your guild *waves*
That idea is nice, though lemme tell you that it takes a lot of work not to mention managing it. But I agree that going back and forth sections is a hassle so people might just want an All tank section,, to lessen the work you could try and ask for the members' cooperation on helping you with managing the tanks since doing it alone is tiring.
I will try and visit sometime v(^o^)v

Thanks for getting back to me, I hope my input helped some. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:59 pm
Ohmigosh thanks everyone for your opinions and suggestions.
I won't be able to reply to them all (since submitting comments take a lot of seconds in between them so I'll just do the proposed changes.) After I'm done or would like some break I might reply though.
Thank you so much again everyone >w<

● I'll try and change the Mermaid Section's side image, then
● I'll probably try to work something out about the straining colors of the Dolphin Section.
● Will also work on the bump image. Sorry to those with migraines >o<
● I might take my time on cleaning the sections so please bear with me.
● The Super Mixed Section was pretty much favored so we'll take that into action.
● A Medium Mixed Section has been proposed so I'll see what I can do. pending since too many sections might bother others
● The Gwee Section might also be on the pending plans since I haven't seen 10+ full gwee tanks but this will be taken to consideration as well.

Lastly, Thanks again *clench fist* AJA chiisai!! >w<
**Aja -- you can do it**

START!

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:19 pm
DarkErotica

Thanks for getting back to me, I hope my input helped some. heart

Yeps it did~ Thank you! >w<
** Adding some tanks