Germany
  France
  Italy
  Other
  I don't care I just want gold....
View Results

McHuggies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:08 pm
I JUST found a kick a** ska band from France. "The best thing to come out of France since garlic bread" is how they describe themselves, and I tend to agree xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:24 pm
my friends introduced me to Oi Skall Mates. Japanese ska. I don't know... it's kinda odd to not know what I'm skanking to confused  

UreshiiNyoko

Isabeya

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:50 pm
Crack Rock Steady
Best place for ska = Jamaica.

I listen to a lot of Spanish Ska as well; Mojiganga is Ska-Core (Colombia), Ska-P is Anarcho Third Wave Ska-Pop-Punk (Spain), and some others that i forgot the name of, ha.

I'm with you, Jamaica.

And I have loved Ska-P since I first heard them when I stayed with locals in Madrid. xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:53 pm
Ska-P - Cannabis, anybody?

That song reminds me of The Little Mermaid. ninja  

Isabeya

McHuggies

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:47 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:11 am
Bwahaha
Europe doesnt skank
are there even any Euro ska bands  

Sir Leos

3,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

samharam

Shirtless Prophet

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:05 am
w00t? A swedish ska-band... cool! I needa download them.
Oh, and you should try "the cigarres" too.
They're more of a reggae band, but theyre still cool.. and swedish!
Like me :]  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:09 pm
I'm sorry but the ******** mexicans are killing the ska scene here in SoCal... I ******** hate them. They think they're 'above' anyone else. And plus ska w/ spanish just sounds horrid. I don't care if you think I'm 'against' the mexicans cuz I'm half myself... Though I hate being mexican since I really do hate the majority of mexicans... <********> mexican ska!!

Though I did just come here to say THEE best euro ska band are the Skunk Allstars, located in Germany. ******** best one out there!  

The Murmur

asianska104

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:33 pm
i always wanted to listen to jp-ska, is it fun to listen to?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:22 pm
McHuggies
Foreign music videos are fun to watch. I just watched like 5 Tokyo Ska Paradise Ochestra videos, but I think the Down Beat Stomp video was my favourite. lol It's hard to watch a music video though when it makes you want to get up and skank xd

yea i know, its kool, but even tho some of them dont know how to skank its still kool they they got the will to try *.*  

asianska104

Queenie42

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:12 pm
France: Snix, Les Rats (who are more punk but have shades of ska)

Germany: Die Kassierer has about four ska songs, but "Mein Glied Ist Zu Gross" kicked some serious butt. Oh well, I might be the only one who laughed when I first heard it, but mein glied IST zu gross.

The UK and the US are the headquarters of ska, UK especially.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:53 pm
Sorry I've been gone for forever and a day, but between school and working for the slave drivers at disneyalnd I've hardly had time to wipe my own a**.....
Anyway, I did not include Jamaica, because thats kind of a given.... I mean that'd be like asking what country is best for Country music.... U.S. or Malaysia..... anyway I was kinda aiming for opinions on stuff that really out there (respecct to Slovenia).
Anyway for those of you who haven't heard Gelugugu from Japan you're missing out....  

DarkVice

Elrindor

Shirtless Smoker

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:34 pm
I donno what the best country is, but one of the best foreign bands that I've been introduced too is Runnign Potatoes from Argentina. They kisk major a**. They have a small relationship with Big D, and I think they rock.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:10 am
Mystical9Ball
I'm sorry but the ******** mexicans are killing the ska scene here in SoCal... I ******** hate them. They think they're 'above' anyone else. And plus ska w/ spanish just sounds horrid. I don't care if you think I'm 'against' the mexicans cuz I'm half myself... Though I hate being mexican since I really do hate the majority of mexicans... <********> mexican ska!!

Though I did just come here to say THEE best euro ska band are the Skunk Allstars, located in Germany. ******** best one out there!

<_<  

Electric Uncle Akuma

Zaeon

Vicious Firestarter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:54 pm
Well, for third wave I'd choose USA, then Japan, then Germany.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff