Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Keeper's Crevasse! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you think will win?
Irish will win! Irish will fly! Gonna send that quaffle through the sky!
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
Peru will win! Peru will score! Gonna dispatch those clovers out the door!
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:21 pm
Alright Keepers! Anxious for game play to begin? Here's a neat little flash game to cool your nerves and get yourselves loose.

Keeper Practice

Remember that? I stumbled across it in my exploring of the world wide web, and thought I'd share. I believe it originated with the Warner Bros Harry Potter site, back in the day. Feel free to post your scores here! xd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:34 pm
((That thing is driving me nuts with a laptop mouse lol.))
(((Thanks for the great description!)))

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:52 pm
(( @ Tina No problem, I hoped you'd like it! And I know! No matter how hard I try I am Truly, truly lousy at that game, laptop mouse or no. And I'm embarrassed to admit that, it always seems to be the slow shots aimed right at my center hoop that get me.... No matter, I always fancied myself as more of a chaser anyhow. rolleyes ))

My average score as of yet is something like.... 80pts. xd
Who is gonna take this rare golden opportunity to show up their referee?!?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:01 am
((@Red: (what's your rp name again? I feel weird calling people by there user names lol ) LOL!! I was just plan horrible at it, couldn't even get 3 to stop. I seriously suck at that game. And I think I'm truly a Seeker so I think we're good, lol.))

Haha, doubt anyone will but then again ninja

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:54 pm
((@Tina: (It's Calliope) C= ))

I know right! Where are all the Keepers at? I can just hear Jiminy Cricket chirping Weasley is our King...

My super cheesy jokes aside, just cause the game hasn't started doesn't mean we can't have some good times! whee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:18 pm
Calliope
Current Questions:

*Series 1*
For this series you will NOT be allowed to use any reference materials(books, movies, audiotapes, lexicon, etc...).

Series 1
1. How many questions were on Gilderoy Lockhart's first quiz as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?

2. What color is the carpet on the stairs at the Quidditch World Cup Stadium?

3. In Harry's first year at Hogwarts, who were the first two students to be sorted into Hufflepuff house?

4. What was the name of the goblin, traveling with Ted Tonks and Dirk Cresswell, who was killed?

5. When the Fat Lady fled for her (albeit two-dimensional) life on Halloween, she hid in a painting of what city?

You will have until next Wednesday(7/13) to send these answers to me! It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! But remember, that you are duty-bound to do your Country justice, or, to put it more colloquially...
Make your Mamma Land Proud!

vivacious_red

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:31 pm
Welcome Amanda! To the elite, classy, and supermegafoxyawesomehot group known as the the 2nd Annual Quidditch World Cup Keepers!

((I'd also like to add, that I think it's FANTASTIC that you guys are color coordinated, with the Gryffindor Reds for Peru, and the Orange Puffies for Ireland. xd ))

Apart from that.... Good Luck Keepers!
And may your siphons forever keep the wrackspurts away. wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:15 am
Thanks Callilope! Amanda Smiles I like my nickname!  

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 pm
@ Amanda, "Sure Thing! I actually had a lot of fun writing bios for people. xd "

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:42 pm
Hello Keepers!!!
I just want to encourage you all once again to check out The Stands and partake in the role playing there!
Also, I wanted to say that those of you who are following the progression of the game, (THANK YOU! if you are! xd ) that since there are so many players involved in this game, and we want to give everyone their moments to shine, that it means that we have to balance things out a bit, and maybe you'll let in a goal now and again. But rest assured, this is a long-term game, and I am your advocate, and I will make sure that you guys get the credit you all deserve. heart
^Regardless, you will absolutely get the POINTS you deserve anyways

P.S. I have received everyone's answers(you guys are awesome!). I will be responding and telling you all how you did later on today. And the points will be posted next Wednesday when I release the next set of questions.

vivacious_red

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:42 pm
Hey guys! You're questions are coming!
But my computer is running SUPER SLOW, and it'd take hours to get them up, so I'm just gonna take a quick moment to defrag and clean up, and then they'll be out to you asap!!! biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:12 pm
Calliope
Current Questions:

*Series 2*
For this series you will NOT be allowed to use any reference materials(books, movies, audiotapes, lexicon, etc...).

Series 2
1. Who came through the barrier at platform 9 ¾ immediately following Harry and Arthur in his third year and in what manner did they do it (2 parts)?

2. How long do lacewings need to stew in Polyjuice potion?

3. What is the full name (first and last) of the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher that taught Tom Riddle and retired after nearly 50 years of teaching?

4. As of Harry and Ron’s first train ride on the Hogwarts express, what chocolate frog cards does Ron mention he still needs?

5. There is a tapestry across the corridor from the entrance to the Room of Requirement, whom and what does it depict?

You will have until next Wednesday(7/20) to send these answers to me! It's okay to guess because I don't expect you to get all of the questions right! But remember, that you are duty-bound to do your Country justice, or, to put it more colloquially...
Make your Mamma Land Proud!

vivacious_red

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:03 pm
Hey Guys!
This is just a reminder that if you have any questions about this weeks trivia to ask them here at the crevasse. By the way, that's pronounced "creh-vAH-sse" ... just cause that's how I intended it. whee
I'd also like to encourage you all to talk amongst yourselves here... Since we rotate who is keeping in the stands, if you're out of rotation you could come here and chat about your preferred techniques(that'd be cool, cause then I could put that into the commentaries 3nodding ) or you could complain about certain tactics used by the other team... like... here's something you might discuss... "What up with Tech making all the beaters roundly abuse the keepers?!? I thought seekers were supposed to get fouled most!" ... or something ninja

All the Best,
Calliope Wimple, your Referee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:53 am
"Where are all the Beater's for Peru is what I'd like to know! I've had enough Bludger hits for one game!"
(XP)

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items