Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Design's Weight Diary: In Pursuit of Longevity! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rahna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 pm
Audio Design
rahna
Audio Design
rahna

You're welcome. Leash trained? confused You can't just hook them up and lead them out? (Stupid, I know. But I don't remember doing anything but that with my own dog.)

Having a job will likely do both those things, good job snagging that.

I see you're 5'1. I am too, and my goal was 117 lbs. Do you think I should lower it? (I'm a good bit more fit than I was a few weeks ago, but I'm not fat-free yet.)

Yeah, our dogs are a little slow and they pull back on the leash if you have it on them. That and basic training like "Stay" "Heel" and things like that.

And Thank you biggrin A job will definitely help with getting healthier food and such and with exercise.

If you're more comfortable with 117, I wouldn't say to change it. BMI with 117 is still in the "Normal" range - right in the center if the scale in fact. I probably won't go to 100 lbs, but somewhere in that range. One of my friends is the same height as me and 100lbs, so that's what I was going on ^^

I am...but I know I'm not fit even though I'm 3 lbs away from that goal. My...my tush is too flabby. And the left side of me is bigger, all of it! I don't know what to do!! Oh, your friend must be really skinny. (Maybe I'll move my goal to 110 lbs, that seems good.)

Sorry for the miniature freak-out. sweatdrop

Toning exercises are good for that - Yoga and weights. Some stretches with help. To tone your tush, try step aerobics, riding a bike more often, Squats, and such. You can probably find more exercises online if you google "Tone your Buttocks" biggrin

Yeah, she is really thin ^^ Congrats on being so close to your goal! biggrin

Ooh, good advice. Thank you. I do know a bit of Yoga, learned it while staying at my aunt's house. Now I definitely want to get Wii Fitness.

Ha, thanks. I may have put on some more, it's been a few days since I weighed myself and those Hershey's eggs are not doing good things to me...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 pm
June 22, 2011: Food
Breakfast
3 Servings, Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal - 482 Calories

Lunch
1 Peanut Butter and Nutella Sanwich - 290 Calories

Dinner
2 Servings, Ramen Noodles - 380 Calories

Snacks
2 Quaker Chewy Granola Bars - 180 Calories

Total
1332 Calories

June 22, 2011: What I Did Today
Dogs woke me up early. I took a nap and had a late breakfast. I had lunch around dinner and dinner at 11pm. Ramen is really bad, but my mother yelled at me that I couldn't cook, and Ramen was really the only think I could have eaten. Frustrated.

I start my job tomorrow, or at least I'm going to orientation. Gonna do some Leg Extensions, Crunches, Marthas, and light weights and go to sleep.

Final Notes on Today
Today sucked. neutral Especially because of the Ramen.

Nil-nocere

Nil-nocere

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:04 pm
rahna
Ooh, good advice. Thank you. I do know a bit of Yoga, learned it while staying at my aunt's house. Now I definitely want to get Wii Fitness.

Ha, thanks. I may have put on some more, it's been a few days since I weighed myself and those Hershey's eggs are not doing good things to me...
I'm not that great with Yoga, but I guess over time, I'll get better. biggrin

I need to get Wii Fitness @ .@ I know there's a pedometer for the DS that I might get. biggrin

Oooh, bad. Hershey's eggs. They're so good though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:27 pm
Audio Design
rahna

I'm not that great with Yoga, but I guess over time, I'll get better. biggrin

I need to get Wii Fitness @ .@ I know there's a pedometer for the DS that I might get. biggrin

Oooh, bad. Hershey's eggs. They're so good though.

Well of course not, no one's good when they start out. I'm still not good at it, but I enjoy it.

Ooh, really? But wouldn't that mean you have to carry your DS around with you...? Me, I just carry my Pikachu with me. Every step I take adds a counter.

I know!! gonk Bad rahna, bad!! Next time I snack, it's gonna be on raisins.  

rahna

Nil-nocere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 pm
rahna
Well of course not, no one's good when they start out. I'm still not good at it, but I enjoy it.

Ooh, really? But wouldn't that mean you have to carry your DS around with you...? Me, I just carry my Pikachu with me. Every step I take adds a counter.

I know!! gonk Bad rahna, bad!! Next time I snack, it's gonna be on raisins.

No, it has a little counter thing that's about the side of the pokewalker. I try to carry my pokewalker around all the time too, but I Forget to put my watts on the game. xD So I think it's almost to its limit...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:27 pm
June 22, 2011: Food
Breakfast
2 Waffles with Powered Sugar - 200 Calories

Lunch

Dinner
2 Slices, Pizza - 740 Calories

Snacks
3/4 Cup of Milk - 85 Calories

Total
1,205 Calories

June 22, 2011: What I Did Today
I got about two hours of sleep last night. I kept tossing and turning. When I finally got to sleep, the dogs woke me up only a couple of minutes later. I had to wake up early because of Orientation for work today, which made me happy. Lots of paperwork, but that's okay. ♥ I walk a bit around the other stores after orientation and bought my cats a toy. I ate pizza today though, which was a lot of calories, but I didn't eat much today anyhow.

Final Notes on Today
I was happy today ♥ So everything is good. I weigh-in in two days. I'm kind of nervous.

Nil-nocere

Nil-nocere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:34 pm
June 24, 2011: Food
Breakfast
1 Plain Bagel with American Slice Cheese - 380 Calories

Lunch
2 Buns, Hot Pocket Cheeseburger Sideshots - 280 Calories

Dinner
2 Peanutbutter and Nutella Sandwiches - 580 Calories

Snacks

Total
1,402 Calories

June 24, 2011: What I Did Today
I woke up early, in effort to switch my cycle over. I did a bunch of crocheting this morning and got three squares done to my blanket - which means there are only 20 more squares! Then I did some leash training with my dogs around the yard and they did really well. I did a bit more crafting in the afternoon then went with my sister to see if the school was open so we could get loan papers, but it wasn't open. Around 9:30, I started moving furniture, and deep cleaning my room (again) in the places that furniture was and did my laundry. I might also have a craft commission coming in ♥ Yay.

Final Notes on Today
Today was okay, but I started my menstrual cycle, so weigh in will have to wait until next week. Still upping the toning exercises though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:11 pm
Journal Entry
Whoops. I didn't mean to stop updating here. I decided I was just going to do the "What I did today" Portion of my Journals since I put what I ate there. If you still want to see what I eat (which I don't see why, but okay) - you can go here: **Click**

Over the last few days, I've upped my toning exercises. I'm now doing:
20 Sit Ups
20 Leg Extensions
10 Crunches
10 Marthas
10 Wall Push Ups
15 Weights

I haven't weighed myself yet, since I just ended my menstrual cycle and my weigh in day is on Saturday, which is also when I up each exercise by 5 as well. I have been trying to finish some craft projects so I haven't been walking anywhere because I need some money from the sales so I can pay for my teaching certification. D:

Tomorrow or the day after I'll be able to pay for it though, and I need pants for my uniform, so projects have been limited to small things that I have yarn for.

I did clean a bit today as exercise, but not much. Hopefully I can get my butt out of the house tomorrow and take a walk or something. My niece is normally over though, so I get stuck with babysitting. Yay.

Nil-nocere

Nil-nocere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:16 pm
Journal Entry - July 30
According to my tracker I'm are too few calories, but that was an accident. Whoops. Feeling a lot of stress right now. I have to babysit tomorrow again - good thing it's Friday. I moved my Sewing Machine to my work station so I can practice sewing.

NaNoWriMo started today (July 1st) so I'm stressed over that. I have to pay for my certification for work tomorrow and hope that package comes quickly. I'm really feeling the stress in my muscles.

I weigh in on the second, and on the 4th we're going to see the fireworks (American Pride, baby. I have lots of it!) Anyhow, I'm hoping to get a car so I can actually have a change of scenery. I'm going a little stir-crazy. I have plans to go to New York next year in August for a Craft Convention with my Grandmother. It costs a lot though @ .@ I dunno if I can go, especially if I go to the Anime Convention in May. I'll hopefully have graduated college by then though (I dunno - Double Majoring is hard.)

This was more rant-filled then I wanted it to be, since it's supposed to be about my weight, but stress can hinder progress, so I had to get it off my chest  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 pm
Journal Entry - July 24
Yay, stress. I've been doing a lot of crying lately, but I suppose that's okay. Hopefully it'll end soon. I've started the process of moving by looking up real estate and visa's since I'll be moving out of the country for a while (or forever) and passports and things.

Which is adding to my stress.

I've been eating well. I've messed up some, no doubt about that, but I've lost a total of 8lbs. I measured my height the other day, and it turns out I'm 5'2" and NOT 5'1", so 100lbs is too low, so I'm shooting for 110lbs now. That leaves me with 87 lbs to go!

Its kind of unreal to me. I've noticed some changes in my body already even though I haven't lost a lot. My bum got smaller, so my underpants are loose. I can feel the contours of my hip bones and I haven't had as much pain in my back.

I've started going to the gym last week. I go on the Elliptical for 40 minutes and then I go to the weight room for 20-30 minutes. Next week, I might raise the Elliptical to 45-50 minutes. My stamina has gone up since I started though. At first I could only be on the Elliptical for 10 minutes and want to get off (I still finished the 35 minutes though, just slowly), but now I've been able to stay focused until the end of the 40 minutes.

I've been working out with my mother, who is kind of cross because I'm adapting to going to the gym better than she has, and she's been going for the last few months, but that's okay. :3

A lot of my current stress is coming from having to make my own schedule for work and not knowing if I'm scheduling enough hours and the fact that I can't pay for school. I don't know if I can go this semester. My parents said they would pay and that I just have to pay them back, but they don't have money either.

I'm just so happy that I've progressed. I haven't weighed under 200lbs since my Junior year in highschool.

Nil-nocere

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces