Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Spring Cleaning: Begin Step 2! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

free gold!
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:06 pm
Animekitty47
I'm very confused right now. sad I double-checked when I colored people in, so it should have been right.
RQBlack is a second year, but when I went to check again as directed, there were names missing. Is it cuz you removed all of the people in Houses (like you said)? Wait, but that's not right, there are still colored names on the list. What's going on? burning_eyes

I did begin removing names. Ok then Gryffindor is fine. We will wait until Amber gets back to me.
@Tina: that was going to be part two. I wanna make sure we have the House populations as accurate as possible first. Your help was definitely appreciated, but I just would've prefered everyone do their own to minimize the confusion

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:01 am
Oh, ok. smile I think I know what's going on again. wink  

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:48 pm
Valkyrie-Chii-Chan dragons375 llililolo123 marth354

These people are not highlighted on the list. I'm wondering if it's because they we missed of because they where already deleted. dragons was a long time ago and she helped ALOT when she was a part of the guild so maybe we should put her as an Honorary? Everyone else above was Sorted and it's listed in the link you gave us Icee, so I'm just confused there.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:01 am
Valkyrie Chi Chan was banned for inactivity, came back, and wanted to restart as an elf. No clue who llililolo123 is. sweatdrop Either a name change or someone like Chi who got banned and came back.  

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:40 pm
Animekitty47
Valkyrie Chi Chan was banned for inactivity, came back, and wanted to restart as an elf. No clue who llililolo123 is. sweatdrop Either a name change or someone like Chi who got banned and came back.

Okay, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:08 pm
marth354 is/was in Slytherin. I'm pretty sure I meant to ban him..since he last post was 10/29/10.
He posted that he didn't want to be part of the guild anymore in the common room awhile back.

b e a r - c h o o

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:08 pm
Valkyrie-Chii-Chan dragons375 llililolo123 marth354

These people are not highlighted on the list. I'm wondering if it's because they we missed of because they where already deleted. dragons was a long time ago and she helped ALOT when she was a part of the guild so maybe we should put her as an Honorary? Everyone else above was Sorted and it's listed in the link you gave us Icee, so I'm just confused there.

dragons is a HM because she was HoH, but she hasn't been around in ages. She helped along with Pinkie and Shorty to get the guild running six years ago (omg). I want Lyra to PM her and ask if she's even interested in staying in the guild. If not, we won't need to keep her.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:00 am
That was long before I joined the guild and she's not on the Ravenclaw honorary members list, so I didn't know she used to be a HoH; sorry. I will PM her and ask if she is interested in staying in the guild. I'll do it tomorrow though, because I need to go to sleep right now.  

Lyra Elizabeth

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:35 pm
Lyra Elizabeth
That was long before I joined the guild and she's not on the Ravenclaw honorary members list, so I didn't know she used to be a HoH; sorry. I will PM her and ask if she is interested in staying in the guild. I'll do it tomorrow though, because I need to go to sleep right now.

no need to apologize smile thanks Lyra

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Ok guys Step 2!!

I removed all of the people in Houses. Now I have a question:
everyone left should get some sort of PM (or outright ban)...my question is are you all willing to help me PM/ban them?
Depending on whoever is willing we'll split the list up.

If everyone volunteers to help (excluding Amber because I'm not sure she'll be around) then we each should have 21 names because there's about 107 people left! I don't want to volunteer anyone so I'll split the list up by Friday. Let me know if you're interested or not. More details about what needs to be done is below!

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:26 pm
So since this is Operation Scourigify everyone is going into one of two categories.

Category 1:
Members haven't posted since March and have less than 15 posts
They get banned outright UNLESS they are new members (as of April 1), which means they will have less than 15 posts.
Use this message when banning:
Quote:
You have been banned for inactivity. Bannings don't have to be permanent at HPGoG, if you want to come back, please let me know. If you think this is an error on our part, please PM Professor Adonis immediately.

Category 2:
If they aren't in category 1 (which means they have more than 15 posts, but haven't posted since March) then PM them. This is the PM I made up but not sure if it's any good. feedback?
Quote:
Greetings from HPGoG!
The mods of HPGoG are currently doing a complete overhaul of the guild's memberslist.
According to our records you are not sorted. In the guild rules we ask that you try to post at least five times a month. You are receiving this message because you have not posted in more than two months. You currently have [insert number of posts here] posts. If you do not make five additional posts before June 4, 2011, you will be banned. Obviously, we do not want this to happen! If you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to let me know!
If you are currently busy, but plan to come back to the guild, please let us know.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:10 pm
IceeWitch
So since this is Operation Scourigify everyone is going into one of two categories.

Category 1:
Members haven't posted since March and have less than 15 posts
They get banned outright UNLESS they are new members (as of April 1), which means they will have less than 15 posts.
Use this message when banning:
Quote:
You have been banned for inactivity. Bannings don't have to be permanent at HPGoG, if you want to come back, please let me know. If you think this is an error on our part, please PM Professor Adonis immediately.

Category 2:
If they aren't in category 1 (which means they have more than 15 posts, but haven't posted since March) then PM them. This is the PM I made up but not sure if it's any good. feedback?
Quote:
Greetings from HPGoG!
The mods of HPGoG are currently doing a complete overhaul of the guildsmemberslist.
According to our records you are not sorted. In the guild rules we ask that you try to post at least five times a month. You are receiving this message because you have not posted in more than two months. You currently have [insert number of posts here] posts. If you do not make five additional posts before June 4, 2011, you will be banned. Obviously, we do not want this to happen! If you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to let me know!
*If you are currently busy, but plan to come back to the guild, please let us know.

Looks great Icee. I think the message for Cat. 2 is perfect. Seems to say everything it needs to.The only thing I can even think of is that we would be changing the expected post count for each month. Maybe that should be mentioned in the PM?

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:12 pm
I planned on announcing the posting change at the end of the term (when spring cleaning is over), so it doesn't look like we just threw something on everyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:29 pm
Just so you know I was scanning the list and noticed two Hufflepuffs (iPedley and Pentigan) had not been highlighted because they had somehow been deleted from my lists (error on my part, I assure you). I have re-added them to my lists and removed them from the first post.
So you should be down to 105 people.

Sorry about that!

Stardust Disaster
Crew

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:13 am
They both look fine to me, and I should be able to help with PM/checking too. 3nodding
Wow, the guild's 6 years old? Sometimes that seems too long and other times too short. xp When we hit seven we should definately do something special. 7 is a highly magical number after all. wink

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff