Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Astronomy Have fun break [CLOSED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taking Astronomy???
YEAH stars
100%
 100%  [ 10 ]
No...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:24 pm
((So classwork is to be posted/role-played on this topic?))  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:56 pm
Riku jumps up excitedly and smiles....class has finally started!

((Same question as Jenna, do we post class work her or do we PM it to you like the HW?))

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:05 pm
((I think we post...))  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:33 pm
Riku Masen
Riku jumps up excitedly and smiles....class has finally started!

((Same question as Jenna, do we post class work her or do we PM it to you like the HW?))

Professor Grey Smiles, at Riku for her enthusiasm, Yes classwork is to be "submitted" by post it keeps the class flowing, and you may discuss the lesson with your fellow students, and me of course......i will update the information for the class so that everyone is clear with this information biggrin

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:43 pm
Please Students reread the post of your classwork it has more information, that may clear any questions, if you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask smile

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:55 pm
"Thanks for clearing that up Professor!"

Riku reads over the classwork and begins to think. "Well the Sagittarius may be seen in the south......another fact....I don't know much about it besides what we learned today, but isn't it part of horoscopes...like for people in November and December? I'm not that sure..." Riku turns to her classmates wondering what they think.

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:12 pm
Username: techpriest35
RP Name: james telemar
Year: 7th
House:slytherin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:25 pm
um the only thing i know about the sagitaruous is that they are said to be stubborn and will fulthe star sytem is osmewhere in the southern hemisphere  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

dancer_ attitude

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:07 pm
Jenna nods in agreement with Riku on her first statement and promptly begins to think about the classwork. Then she raises her hand. "Professor? The location of Sagittarius is low in the south, approximately 51º north in its meridian transit, or highest point in the sky, From an area in northern Europe." Jenna concludes, aware that she went into far too much detail, but happy with herself for drawing on her old muggle classes. "I do think that it's a horoscope sign, you're right!" She said to Riku. "I never knew that Chiron was hurt by Hercules, or that he offered to take prometheus's place."  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:38 pm
"I wonder if we're going to do all the horoscope signs...." Riku comments to Jenna. "It would be pretty interesting to learn about the rest, considering I learned so much more new things with just one."  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:33 pm
techpriest35
um the only thing i know about the sagitaruous is that they are said to be stubborn and will ful no idea where in the sky its at

Professor Grey listens to James, and replies, "look back at your lesson, and you will find the second part of your classwork for full credit."

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:40 pm
Professor Grey listens to the side conversations, and replies to the students, i was planning to do a few horoscopes, but since the term is so short i can not do all.......i hope you look forward to the coming lessons.

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:16 pm
"Aw, yea I forgot that term was so short. It's too bad. Well if you do anymore horoscopes I hope it's mine!" Riku laughs.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:40 pm
"Sagittarius is the most Southerly of the zodiac constellations, found close to meridian transit from a latitude of 51º.5 North. This is about as high in the sky as Sagittarius gets when seen from Northern Europe, Southern Canada and Southern Russia; observers situated South of latitude 51º.5 North will see more of the constellation, whilst those situated to the North of this latitude will see less.

Another fun fact about this particular constellation is that Sagittarius is home to a wealth of interesting astronomical objects. This is mainly due to the fact that, when we look at Sagittarius, we are looking towards the center of our own Milky Way Galaxy, where the density of stars and gas/dust clouds (nebulae) is greatest. Indeed, the actual center of the galaxy is located at the South-eastern corner of the constellation, hidden behind dark clouds of interstellar dust, close to the boundary with Scorpius. Under dark skies, the Milky Way glows distinctly in the region of Sagittarius and its neighbor Scutum - an impressive sight now sadly lost to many town and city dwellers due to the effects of light pollution or sky glow."

Yami smiled brightly as he told the class what he knew about the Sagittarius in the sky for his assignment.

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers