judgement Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z-MusicalChairMassacre-U

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:35 pm
Matt Pniewski
Judgment is best left to God and Superheroes.

Unless, of course, there is obvious wrong. I'm fed up with what I call the "Can't Judge Me" Generation. I recall being in a car with my friend Chris, his Then Boyfriend, on the way home from a gathering. At the gathering was twelve year old Girl. Chris's boyfriend, who was twenty one, spent the whole day flirting with the girl, and at the end of the day tried to convince me and Chris that we were "Being Old Fashioned" by thinking that ***** was wrong. He also made it clear that Monogamy wasn't his thing, and indicated to Chris that there was no point in being homosexual if you aren't fooling around.... Whereas Chris was expecting a committed Monogamous relationship.

Everything about this man was disgusting. I brought it up to mutual friends who insisted that I should just mind my own business, and don't judge him to harsh.

Um... How about not?

Judging is part of life. Even if it's determining fouls in a Soccer Game, deciding who is innocent or guilty in a court of law, or even deciding who you are going to date. Every part of life involves minor and major judgments. Nobody is free of this.

What a Christian ought not to do, I believe, is to administer the Judgment of God. In other words, you have no reason to claim who is or isn't hellbound. That is left for God and God alone. And maybe Fray Tormenta, if he goes to heaven.

I agree, I mean as a mother I have to judge who i do and don't want around my daughter. I recall that I stopped talking to one girl after she told me she wanted matching halloween costumes for her and her daughter (who was two) and that she wanted them to be sexy. I also stopped talking to one girl after she told me she didn't have a bed for her daughter but she was going clubbing that night. Now on the same note I didn't end these friendships completely because I like to give their daughters gifts (and things they need) and I invite them to church when I can but on the same note I never let them babysit.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:49 pm
Matt Pniewski

Unless, of course, there is obvious wrong. I'm fed up with what I call the "Can't Judge Me" Generation. I recall being in a car with my friend Chris, his Then Boyfriend, on the way home from a gathering. At the gathering was twelve year old Girl. Chris's boyfriend, who was twenty one, spent the whole day flirting with the girl, and at the end of the day tried to convince me and Chris that we were "Being Old Fashioned" by thinking that ***** was wrong. He also made it clear that Monogamy wasn't his thing, and indicated to Chris that there was no point in being homosexual if you aren't fooling around.... Whereas Chris was expecting a committed Monogamous relationship.

Everything about this man was disgusting. I brought it up to mutual friends who insisted that I should just mind my own business, and don't judge him to harsh.

Um... How about not?

Judging is part of life. Even if it's determining fouls in a Soccer Game, deciding who is innocent or guilty in a court of law, or even deciding who you are going to date. Every part of life involves minor and major judgments. Nobody is free of this.

What a Christian ought not to do, I believe, is to administer the Judgment of God. In other words, you have no reason to claim who is or isn't hellbound. That is left for God and God alone. And maybe Fray Tormenta, if he goes to heaven.

This is very true. I think that's a different kind of judgement though, and I think they kid this thread really aims towards is more like the "don't judge a book by it's cover type." When I met my boyfriend, I thought I irritated him, he was a hardcore atheist who hated all religion, and that he would be mean, grumpy, and overly cynical. Then I actually had a conversation with him and discovered that was pretty much entirely untrue. He apparently likes me quite a bit, he identifies as a transcendentalist, but we have almost identical beliefs, and he can my grumpy and cynical, but he usually has a good reason for being upset. If had judged him right off the bat, I don't think I would have been blessed with the really awesome relationship we have now, almost three years later.

That being said, there is a point of reason like you say. I feel justified in judging my old roommates boyfriend as a stupid homophobic, racist, sexist, bordering abusive douchebag, because he was. After hearing her talk about him, being around him, and hearing some of the unbelievable things come out of his mouth, I feel like passing that judgement is just because I have reasonable proof to back it up. If I had jumped to that conclusion immediately after meeting him, I don't know that that would be as acceptable though.

freelance lover
Crew

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:01 pm
Matt Pniewski

Um... How about not?

You bring up some good points, some of which I agree.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:09 pm
Judgement is stupid when us as humans do it, now look at this: As jesus was hanging on the cross he had two thieves next to him. One of the thieves told jesus "Remember me in paradise" and jesus told him right there that he would be with him. Did jesus say "Yo you area thieve and you are being executed aint happening bro".

You gotta remember the Gospel is for the broken and for the sick not the healthy. Some of the most solid christian people i've meet are covered from head to toe in tattoos. I myself have a tattoo on my right arm with the word aphiemi (the greek word for forgiven).

For some reason us as christians see the people who are tattooed up or are different from us as people who God can't love, but those are the people God persues and craves to be with. Alot of them can be lost, yes, but even peoplep who go to church and go through the motions can be more lost then them.

Really in the end when it comes to judgement we need to see people as Christ does, he see's them as people who are broken and need the love of something that will never stop loving them and most of all hope. As christians we need to live out that love and hope so peopel see that.

I probably repeated alot that people have said but w/e's thats how i view this mug. Anyways God bless

Edit: after reading some of the other posts i needed to add this.
The type of judgement i see you refereing too is condemning judgement and that is what we need to avoid.
Now if its you know a situation about say your child needing a baby sitter and the person is some type of creeper who likes to diddle kids, then ya make a judgement call to NOT let that person watch your kids lol. Or when a BF of a friend of yours or something is a total tool then you should tell your friend to not be with that person. I hope that kind of makes sense xD

Edit Numero Dos: Bleh my mind works weird, its like all spacy haha. Anyways, as humans we are just judgemental, we do judge everything we see, but it again comes back to if we condemningly judge people or not. For example: Say i'm out and about and i meet a fellow named George. Now george likes to wear green, man o man let me tell ya. He's got the green hat, shoes, shirt, pants and even glasses. Now when i first meet george i tell myself "Man this guy likes to wear green" There is my judgement of him, he likes green. Now i can leave it there or i can become condemning and say something along the lieks "I hate poeple who wear green" or "People who wear green are so stupid i hate them". We judge everything we see, it just comes down to us training ourselves to leave it at that and not condemn others.  

[GoGo]

Hilarious Conversationalist

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces