Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Who is better Dimmu Borgir or Cradle Of Filth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

who is the better black metal band??
  Dimmu Borgir
  Cradle Of Filth
  Other
View Results

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:36 pm
Rellik San
Hmmmm, lets see, Dimmu, Sold out in like 30 seconds, Cradle have always been relatively commercial.

Cradle... because Dani Filth has a sense of humour.... something most black metal band front men lack.

What's with all this "selling out" thing? Bands experiment with other things, it's not as if they said "we're a black metal band and we're always going to be a black metal band".

Ah, Dani's hilarious, had me in stiches during Cradle's set last year, didn't like the music, but he was funny as hell  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:23 pm
how can you ask a question like that using two different sub genres? some people dont like gothic metal, and some people dont like black metal so how could that question be fare?

and to answer the question, i dont think either of them a very good.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Nero PsyKoTiX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:47 pm
I don't like Cradle, but I might go to their show later this month.
Only for the sake of seeing The 69 Eyes live.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:20 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
Hmmmm, lets see, Dimmu, Sold out in like 30 seconds, Cradle have always been relatively commercial.

Cradle... because Dani Filth has a sense of humour.... something most black metal band front men lack.

What's with all this "selling out" thing? Bands experiment with other things, it's not as if they said "we're a black metal band and we're always going to be a black metal band".

Ah, Dani's hilarious, had me in stiches during Cradle's set last year, didn't like the music, but he was funny as hell
II think the reason Dimmu sold out, is mostly due to them suddenly quitting wacken, you know a REAL metal festival to play the farce that is Oz fest. (After the whole Iron Maiden v Sharon fiasco I will never go Oz fest, doesn't mean I won't support Ozzy though razz )  

Rellik San
Crew

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:24 pm
[.Suicidal.Tomatoes.]
I don't like Cradle, but I might go to their show later this month.
Only for the sake of seeing The 69 Eyes live.
i seen them a week ago, 69 eyes was awesome except everyone was being rude and booing at them. i was pretty pissed, i mean, sure they didnt fit in all that well but they werent bad. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:26 pm
and wow, that pole is way off, Cradle of Filth isnt Black metal.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:20 am
Digital Malevolence

It ain't goth metal neither, it's just a way for kids to idolise Dani.

I see it is Shock Rock, or maybe more Shock Metal..  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:27 am
Rellik San
II think the reason Dimmu sold out, is mostly due to them suddenly quitting wacken, you know a REAL metal festival to play the farce that is Oz fest. (After the whole Iron Maiden v Sharon fiasco I will never go Oz fest, doesn't mean I won't support Ozzy though razz )

Gah, will people quit it with the Germany fests? I can't get there! Don't speak no German neither, cept maybe Jargermeister...

Mmm, true, but why does a band's credibility have to be synonymous with what festivals they play? All that really matters in the music (and maybe the band members not being jerk-offs) that should count...though, saying that about the metal community is a tad naive, metal is about 80% image, 20% music...
*Dimmu's back this year anyway. Along with Bullet for my Valentine...odd choice*

Gah, someone should've thrown something at the harpy, absolutely no reason whatso ever to ruin someone's set no matter what they did (unless they were jerk-offs). Maybe as punishment she should have been banned from the botox, though....she might have scared small children due to the whole face-melting thing... rolleyes  

Isobel Bellamy

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:53 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Digital Malevolence

It ain't goth metal neither, it's just a way for kids to idolise Dani.

I see it is Shock Rock, or maybe more Shock Metal..
no it is Gothic Metal as a REAL subgenre of Metal holding such bands as Agathodaimon, Lost In Tears, newer Rotting Chirst, Poisonblack and Graveworm. Cradle of Filth is actually Extreme Gothic Metal meaning its a little different then the regular Gothic Metal but it is a real genre.

you can even look it up here Metal-Acrhives  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:56 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Gah, will people quit it with the Germany fests? I can't get there! Don't speak no German neither, cept maybe Jargermeister...

Mmm, true, but why does a band's credibility have to be synonymous with what festivals they play? All that really matters in the music (and maybe the band members not being jerk-offs) that should count...though, saying that about the metal community is a tad naive, metal is about 80% image, 20% music...
*Dimmu's back this year anyway. Along with Bullet for my Valentine...odd choice*

Gah, someone should've thrown something at the harpy, absolutely no reason whatso ever to ruin someone's set no matter what they did (unless they were jerk-offs). Maybe as punishment she should have been banned from the botox, though....she might have scared small children due to the whole face-melting thing... rolleyes
wacken is a European Metal Fest not a "Germany fest" i can tell by your post you dont know much of what you are talking about so how can you criticize it?  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:21 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Well, I can't go either and only know basic german. sad
Although everyone should know Jagermeister.... mmmmm Jagermeister.
Anyway, it kind of does matter what festival you play as you choose according to the audience that will be there, Oz Fest tends to bring out all the 'oh I'm so alternative because I know this band...' kids, where as Wacken is more everyone knows most bands and is fairly friendly with one another, not much eltism involved.

As for Sharon, funny thing happened after that, all the bands with members under 35 sided with her, All the bands over 35 sided with Maiden, but worse, you know Maiden and Ozzy went for a pint after it all... So its not even as if it was musical rivalry.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:35 pm
I'll go Dimmu.
Nothing wrong with Cradle though.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:41 pm
Digital Malevolence
no it is Gothic Metal as a REAL subgenre of Metal holding such bands as Agathodaimon, Lost In Tears, newer Rotting Chirst, Poisonblack and Graveworm. Cradle of Filth is actually Extreme Gothic Metal meaning its a little different then the regular Gothic Metal but it is a real genre.

you can even look it up here Metal-Acrhives

Did I dispute that goth metal was a subgenre? *sigh* I ain't even gonna go into classifying Cradle by subgenre, it ain't worth the hassle. They have the make-up of death metal, they have the brutality of death metal, they have the orchestral leanings of symphonic black metal. Their performances are very thatrical, a hallmark of shock rock/metal.

Digital Malevolence
wacken is a European Metal Fest not a "Germany fest" i can tell by your post you dont know much of what you are talking about so how can you criticize it?

LMFAO, aw, sweetie, I said Germany because it's in GERMANY. I'm from Europe, the little island called Britain.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:52 pm
Rellik San
Well, I can't go either and only know basic german. sad
Although everyone should know Jagermeister.... mmmmm Jagermeister.
Anyway, it kind of does matter what festival you play as you choose according to the audience that will be there, Oz Fest tends to bring out all the 'oh I'm so alternative because I know this band...' kids, where as Wacken is more everyone knows most bands and is fairly friendly with one another, not much eltism involved.

As for Sharon, funny thing happened after that, all the bands with members under 35 sided with her, All the bands over 35 sided with Maiden, but worse, you know Maiden and Ozzy went for a pint after it all... So its not even as if it was musical rivalry.

Hm, I'm not really into the ethos that where you play determines what you are, a band could play at T in the Park and still be metal.
Spose it's just black/death metal, darn those all important images! I love the irony of image doesn't matter in metal, so cute 4laugh

*twitch* did I just put on a few decades to my age there? eek I think it was a money issue, someone wanted more or something and it just escalated  

Isobel Bellamy

Disease of the Flesh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:04 am
Dimmu borgir for sure.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items