Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
What pisses me off with death note fans... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think ?
You are right
56%
 56%  [ 21 ]
you're wrong
43%
 43%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 37

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:54 pm
MattGasms
TheseElegantCrimes
Doesn't L say that Light is the only real friend he ever had?

Indeed he does, but L is also a pathological liar, so one cannot really trust anything to come from his mouth to be honest in any way.

Wait, what? L is a pathological liar? I've heard him bend the truth on occasion...even flat out lie when it was necessary...but pathological liar? Mm...not sure I see it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:03 pm
Akiko-infinity
MattGasms
TheseElegantCrimes

Indeed he does, but L is also a pathological liar, so one cannot really trust anything to come from his mouth to be honest in any way.

Wait, what? L is a pathological liar? I've heard him bend the truth on occasion...even flat out lie when it was necessary...but pathological liar? Mm...not sure I see it.

It is totally canon. Even Ohba and Obata said so.  

Biblically Accurate Enby

Aged Noob

TheseElegantCrimes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:06 pm
MattGasms
TheseElegantCrimes

Unfotunatly, when I posted this I had not read How to Read 13, but I have since. In that Obata and Ohba mention like 10 times that all L does is lie, so now I know what I posted is inaccurate.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:15 pm
TheseElegantCrimes
MattGasms
TheseElegantCrimes

Unfotunatly, when I posted this I had not read How to Read 13, but I have since. In that Obata and Ohba mention like 10 times that all L does is lie, so now I know what I posted is inaccurate.

Yeah, well you think you know your characters until you find out about them. This is one of the reasons L is not a fave of mine. I am for Team Lawliet and the Wammy's, but L lies too much to be a fave.  

Biblically Accurate Enby

Aged Noob

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:29 pm
MattGasms
TheseElegantCrimes
MattGasms
TheseElegantCrimes

Yeah, well you think you know your characters until you find out about them. This is one of the reasons L is not a fave of mine. I am for Team Lawliet and the Wammy's, but L lies too much to be a fave.

Well, if the great gods Obata and Ohba say so, then I'm certain it's true. crying No my Lawli! Well, that explains how the lies roll so easily from Near I suppose...he was solving the case L style. Of course, this isn't to say that L's incapable of telling the truth. So now we just don't know either way.

Well, that proves one thing...ambiguity does exist in anime, and sometimes the creators have to come out and say stuff. (I've been stuck watching so many cut and dry good v bad shows that I'd forgotten).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:55 pm
Akiko-infinity
MattGasms
TheseElegantCrimes
MattGasms
TheseElegantCrimes

Well, if the great gods Obata and Ohba say so, then I'm certain it's true. crying No my Lawli! Well, that explains how the lies roll so easily from Near I suppose...he was solving the case L style. Of course, this isn't to say that L's incapable of telling the truth. So now we just don't know either way.

Well, that proves one thing...ambiguity does exist in anime, and sometimes the creators have to come out and say stuff. (I've been stuck watching so many cut and dry good v bad shows that I'd forgotten).

Hey, it happens to everyone 3nodding Not all good vs bad shows are with purely good and purely bad people. Death Note is an example of this. Light started his quest with the best of intentions to clean the world of evil, but that evolved into a power struggle with the law enforcement agencies. L proved he'd go to illegal means to solve this case. Even his successors have followed that path, only Mello did that more so when he all but abandoned Wammy's House to somehow work his way up the ranks of the Mafia to gain more connections to solve the case his own way.  

Biblically Accurate Enby

Aged Noob

Morwinn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:26 pm
Well if it helps in anyway L fans, pathalogical lying is a mental disease that makes you believe everything you say, so in a way L wasn't lying because he believed everything he said was true. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:04 pm
Is it weird that I like L's character more now that I know he is a pathological liar? O.o I find flawed characters more interesting than characters that don't have many noticeable flaws.

And to answer the original question: I only find it annoying when people obsess over it. But it doesn't bother me too much.

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

0MythWriter0

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:37 am
I think its funny that out of L and Light, L is the better lier XD It could be just that the whole time we are watching Light but L had the I need to trust him vibe the first time I read it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:20 am
love the zombie in me
they make it seem that L and Light like each other.... it irks me.

ya, its weird
i cant even picture them together
but it happend neutral  

StrawberryRapture

Omnipresent Shapeshifter

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:21 pm
love the zombie in me

I agree and disagree. It is a bit annoying, but the thing that annoys me the MOST about Death Note fans is that the girls ALL like L. As an L cosplayer, it is very annoying. He is more than eye-candy and it pisses me off that they all say "oh he's so cute!" Ugh stare  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:54 pm
Clover_IceQueen
love the zombie in me

I agree and disagree. It is a bit annoying, but the thing that annoys me the MOST about Death Note fans is that the girls ALL like L. As an L cosplayer, it is very annoying. He is more than eye-candy and it pisses me off that they all say "oh he's so cute!" Ugh stare

While I do find some of L's features rather endearing, I admire his character much more. Beautiful mind, and beautiful flaws. There is so much there that you get to see over the course of only 25 episodes...(I honestly hate the number twenty-five. Another favorite charrie of mine died on episode 25 of a completely different anime... stare ) And yet in the end you realize you know so little...
I love characters like that. Enough character build-up to get a good judge of them, but not so much that it eliminates a variety of views on the character.  

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:02 pm
Akiko-infinity
Clover_IceQueen
love the zombie in me

While I do find some of L's features rather endearing, I admire his character much more. Beautiful mind, and beautiful flaws. There is so much there that you get to see over the course of only 25 episodes...(I honestly hate the number twenty-five. Another favorite charrie of mine died on episode 25 of a completely different anime... stare ) And yet in the end you realize you know so little...
I love characters like that. Enough character build-up to get a good judge of them, but not so much that it eliminates a variety of views on the character.

He was so nice to everyone though emo *wipes Light's feet for him* see? crying  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:03 pm
Akiko-infinity
Another favorite charrie of mine died on episode 25 of a completely different anime...

Dude, Death Note and the anime you're presumably talking about were the first two preplotted series I saw. I thought the number was freaking cursed.

And I never gave that anime a rewatch, but the two minor characters I firmly remember from this day forward are "the one whose name I can't spell" (who would have been my absolute favorite no matter what) and "the one with the mole on her cheek". So yeah, it left a mark.  

DomaDoma

StainGlassPain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:35 am
Well, you have to admit, this show was just begging for yaoi..and it's not like Ryuzaki and Raito are the only ones targeted. Mello and Near (who completely HATE eachother) are another popular pairing..and i mean come on..you just HAVE to admit..they do make a cute couple smile  
Death Note Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff