Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
What other animes would you recommend for Death Note fans? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZororoaklikePokemon

Desirable Giver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:09 pm
1. Akira
2. Claymore
3. Chaos;Head Otakus this ones got an otaku in it hes greeeeeeat heart
4. Rozen Maiden
5. Devil May Cry
6. Elfien Leid
7. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
8. Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
9. Hellsing
10. Magin Tentei Nogami Neuro
11. Princess Mononoke
12. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
13. Sci-Fi Harry
14. Tokyo Babaloyn
15. Tokyo Majin
16. Trinity Blood
17. Welcome to the NHK!
18. Witch Hunter Robin
19. Chronos Crusade
20. Trinity Blood
21.Spiral
22. Vampire Knight
23. D Grey Man
24..hack/Roots
25. .hack/Gu

you can start with everything popular I guess thats my list  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 pm
Hmm. DeathNote is a bit of a unique anime/manga, but I'll do my best to suggest some things similar. :T

If you're into the psychological or philosophical aspects of DeathNote, I recommend the following;

Texhnolyze: In a man-made underground society, descendants of a banished generation vie for control of the crumbling city of Lux. Ichise, an orphan turned prize fighter, loses a leg and an arm to satisfy an enraged fight promoter. On the brink of death he is taken in by a young woman doctor and used as a guinea pig for the next evolution of Texhnolyze. With his new limbs, Ichise is taken under the wing of Oonishi, a powerful leader of Organ, an organization with some hold on Lux. As Ichise is drawn deeper into a war for territorial control of the city, he learns of his possible future from the young girl prophet Ran, who guides him from the shadows in his darkest times. With the explosion of the warfare, Ichise must uncover the truth about Lux and fight for his survival as he realizes his destiny.

Elfen Lied: The Diclonius, a mutated homo sapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possesses two horns in their heads, and has a "sixth sense" which gives it telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murder most of the guards in the laboratory, only to get shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives and manages to drift along to a beach, where two teenagers named Kouta and Yuka discovers her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the evil "Lucy" is not dead just yet...

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: (I recommend downloading and reading the visual novel, but the anime and manga aren't bad either.) On one hot summer day in 1983, a transfer student named Maebara Keiichi comes to a peaceful rural village in Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika, and Satoko. Accepted as a full-fledged member of the "club," Keiichi and the gang plays all sorts of activities ranging from card and board games to hide-and-seek. But just as Keiichi was beginning to be assimilated in simple rural life, he stumbles upon the dark history of Hinamizawa. As Keiichi dives deeper into the mystery, he finds that his new found friends may not be all what they claim to be.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni: (Studio DEEN did a terrible job on animating this IMO, as they did with the first season of Higurashi. I recommend you download and read the visual novel.) Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place in the year 1986, during the time frame of October 4 and October 5 on a secluded island named Rokkenjima. The head of a wealthy family named Kinzo Ushiromiya, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, is near death, and eight of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzo's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are three family members who live there, five of Kinzo's servants, and his personal physician. After the eight family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people start to get mysteriously murdered.

Paranoia Agent: An elementary school kid dubbed with the title "shounen bat" or "lil slugger" has been going around attacking people with his bent, golden bat. Now, two detectives are investigating so they can stop this kid from making any more attacks, but they will find out soon enough... that this case is much more than they expected.

Kara no Kyoukai: Mikiya Kokuto finds himself intrigued by two things. The first is by Shiki Ryougi a beautiful, yet rather unsociable, girl and the other is the strange series of violent deaths that start occuring in his town. As he attempts to get closer to Shiki, he soon learns that the two are connected and that there are many supernatural forces at work which could very likely get him killed as well.

School Days: Makoto Ito rides the train to and from school every day. However, at the beginning of his second term, he falls in love with a beautiful girl that also rides the train. Unfortunately, she barely knows of his existence. Her name is Kotonoha Katsura, and though they attend the same school, they are not in the same class. In an attempt to catch her eye, Makoto enlists the aid of a close female friend of his: Sekai Saionji. She helps him, despite the fact that she--unbeknownst to Makoto--is in love with him. Thus the three are bound in a love triangle of life changing proportions.

Serial Experiments Lain: Lain Iwakura appears to be an ordinary girl, with almost no experience with computers. Yet the sudden suicide of a schoolmate, and a number of strange occurrences, conspire to pull Lain into the world of the Wired, where she gradually learns that nothing is what it seems to be... not even Lain herself.

Kino no Tabi: The story follows the travels of Kino, a young adventurer who rides a talking motorcycle named Hermes. They explore the people and cultures of different places throughout their adventures, spending only three days at each location.

Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei: Itoshiki Nozomu is the world's most negative person. To his way of thinking, there is no hope or meaning in this existence. Even the three kanji of his name become the two-kanji word zetsubou, "despair", when compressed. What an ironic twist of fate, then, that he becomes teacher to a class containing his precise opposite, the invincibly positive-minded Fuura Kafuka.

Angel Beats!: In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future. Yuri, the leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen, rebels against the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. On the otherhand, Tenshi, the chairperson of the student council for the world after death, battles against the SSS members. SSS members utilize armed weaponry to battle it out against the angels harnessing supernatural powers.

Bakuman: (Made by the same two people who made DeathNote, actually.) Moritaka Mashiro, a junior high school student, content to live out a relatively normal life as any other does, is persuaded by his classmate, Akito Takagi, to become an aspiring mangaka when the latter realizes his natural talent as an artist. However, Moritaka is reluctant to pursue his dream as his uncle, once a mangaka with his own serializations, died from overwork trying to regain his lost status. With Akito's help, Takagi gets another classmate and his school crush, Azuki Miho, who is an aspiring voice actress, to voice in the anime adaptation of their future manga once it is completed. However, Mashiro also proposes to Azuki, who surprisingly accepts only on the condition she will marry him when both of them have achieved their dreams. With a goal set before him, Mashiro begins a long and struggling path to become a famous mangaka.

Doubt: Yuu, Mitsuki, Rei, Hajime, Eiji, and Haruka have enter the game called 'Rabbit Doubt', which all of the players are 'rabbits' in a group, and among them is randomly chosen to be a 'wolf' in the group of rabbits. Each round, the wolf killed a rabbit, and each round, the rabbit group tries to figure out which of the rabbits is actually a wolf in disguise & kill it. If the rabbit killed the real wolf, they win & if they're wrong, all the rabbit will be killed. Who is the real wolf, and can they stopped it before the game is over...

Neon Genesis Evangelion At the age of 14 Shinji Ikari is summoned by his father to the city of Neo Tokyo-3 after several years of separation. There he unwillingly accepts the task of becoming the pilot of a giant robot by the name EVA01 and protect the world from the enigmatic invaders known as "angels." Even though he repeatedly questions why he has accepted this mission from his estranged and cold father, his doing so helps him to gradually accept himself. However, why exactly are the angels attacking and what are his father’s true intentions are yet to be unraveled.

velimir

Bloodsucker

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:10 pm
I've never seen it yet, but someone recommended an anime called "Monster" to me since I like Death Note. It's about a brain surgeon named Tenma in Germany who lived a great life up until he had the choice between saving a boy who got shot in the head or saving the mayor. Because of this he lost the support of the hospital director, his position, and his fiancée. A short time later the hospital director and the doctors that replaced his position were all murdered. He returned to his position since no one was left. Tenma was soon suspected of being the murderer, though. And it also has something to do with the boy he saved I think.
Just trying to explain it from what my friend told me... I hope I explained it well enough sweatdrop ... But yeah I think people who watch Death Note for the suspense/mystery aspect would like Monster. But I still haven't seen it xD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:46 pm
I agree, Black Butler (aka Kuroshitsuji) is a great anime to watch. Its not completely about justice (quite the opposite) but its really good and i think a lot of Death Note fans will enjoy this whee  

2012 were some edgy times

Hilarious Bibliophile

marauder25

Distinct Informer

6,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:02 pm
i reccomend darker than black  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:13 pm
Sessh-Inu
1. Akira
2. Blood +
3. Claymore
4. Casshern Sins
5. Chaos;Head Otakus this ones got an otaku in it hes greeeeeeat heart
6. Rozen Maiden
7. Devil May Cry
8. Elfien Leid
9. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
10. Gantz
11. Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
12. Gungrave
13. Hellsing
14. Magin Tentei Nogami Neuro
15. Princess Mononoke
16. Neon Genisis Evangelion (every part)
17. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
18. Sci-Fi Harry
19. Tokyo Babaloyn
20. Tokyo Majin
21. Trinity Blood
22. Welcome to the NHK!
23. Witch Hunter Robin
24. X

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE elfen lied. <3  

Of Mice And Meow

Of Mice And Meow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:14 pm
Shiki.

Sotobamura is a small village with around 1300 residents; so small the village isn't even connected to a single highway. An isolated village in which old customs, such as the burial of the dead, are still practiced. One day, the bodies of three people are found dead. Although Ozaki Toshio, the village's lone doctor, feels uncertain, he treats the deaths as a normal occurrence. However, in the days following, the villagers start to die one after the other.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:18 pm
Insidious Kitty
Sessh-Inu
1. Akira
2. Blood +
3. Claymore
4. Casshern Sins
6. Rozen Maiden
7. Devil May Cry
8. Elfien Leid
10. Gantz
12. Gungrave
13. Hellsing
15. Princess Mononoke
18. Sci-Fi Harry
19. Tokyo Babaloyn
20. Tokyo Majin
21. Trinity Blood
22. Welcome to the NHK!
23. Witch Hunter Robin
24. X

yes Elfen Lied was a good one  

ZororoaklikePokemon

Desirable Giver

Of Mice And Meow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:15 pm
Sessh-Inu
Insidious Kitty
Sessh-Inu
1. Akira
2. Blood +
3. Claymore
4. Casshern Sins
6. Rozen Maiden
7. Devil May Cry
8. Elfien Leid
10. Gantz
12. Gungrave
13. Hellsing
15. Princess Mononoke
18. Sci-Fi Harry
19. Tokyo Babaloyn
20. Tokyo Majin
21. Trinity Blood
22. Welcome to the NHK!
23. Witch Hunter Robin
24. X

I recommend Shiki. It's sorta like elfen lied.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 am
Insidious Kitty
Sessh-Inu
Insidious Kitty
Sessh-Inu
1. Akira
2. Blood +
3. Claymore
4. Casshern Sins
6. Rozen Maiden
7. Devil May Cry
8. Elfien Leid
10. Gantz
12. Gungrave
13. Hellsing
15. Princess Mononoke
18. Sci-Fi Harry
19. Tokyo Babaloyn
20. Tokyo Majin
21. Trinity Blood
22. Welcome to the NHK!
23. Witch Hunter Robin
24. X

I recommend Shiki. It's sorta like elfen lied.

Im already watching Shikki actually I never thought of it as like Death Note though if were going to suggest those ones then I would suggest Chronos Crusade Trinity Blood and Spiral as well if no one said them  

ZororoaklikePokemon

Desirable Giver

ZororoaklikePokemon

Desirable Giver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:28 am
If I were me I wouldent watch Higurashi for more than 8 or 9 episodes because it repeats its self over and over again  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:34 am
and I thought Angel Beats and the rest of the neon genins evangelion tv series was terrible like episode 2 I like episode 9 where they dance  

ZororoaklikePokemon

Desirable Giver

-I Left Forgotten I-
Crew

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:26 pm
I would recommend the following:
(my last account was Saiisawsome so I've already done this but I'm adding a few more ^^ also the ones from before. I'll also give you the links for the animes as well)

~Naruto Shippuden:
a anime/manga about a boy whose hosts the Jinriki Kijubi also known as the nine tailed fox. The boys name is Naruto (obvious). He meets three people who affect his life, Sasuke and Sakura. Well of course you know the rest ^^
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/naruto-shippuden-episode-1-english-dubbed

~Soul Eater:
Maka, a soul meister and her partner Soul pair up to become Shinigami-sama's Sycthe. Soul is actually a weapon who uses a human body form when not in his scthye form. They're goal is to collect 99 human souls and 1 soul of a witch. They finally collect 99 souls and are off to collect they're 100th soul. They come across a witch named Blair and fight her, collecting her soul. Watch the rest ^^.
Soul eater ^^

~Tokyo Mew Mew:
A girl who ends up in a museam with the guy she likes is bored. She thought that this was a date and ends up kissing the poor guy. She ends up running into 5 girls who help Ichigo (the girl's name) break up a fight between a girl named Lettuce. The fight happened in front of a cafe where a earthquake happens. Ichigo ends up merging with a cat. Wakes up to fight her so-called boyfriend is there looking at her. Goes home and wakes up the next morning really sleepy. Masaya (the boy) asks Ichigo if she has any free time and ends up cleaning a river with him. All of a sudden Ichigo ends up fighting and becomes a fighting cat superhero thing.
Tokyo Mew Mew ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:28 pm
flawliet
Sessh-Inu

Is it possible to watch Brotherhood without watching the first series ... or will I just not get what is going on?

Yes, it's possible. Both just adapt the story from the manga. Full Metal Alchemist strayed off and told a different story, and became quite long. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood follows closer to the manga's story.

I honestly prefer Full Metal Alchemist (and this is the unpopular opinion), but Brotherhood is also pretty good.

velimir

Bloodsucker

Death Note Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas