Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
If Death Note was real - Would YOU support Kira? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nears toy army

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:56 pm
OK, even I (believe it or not) would support Kira but you have to think about it. The police would get involved and then (knowing how violent we are) wars will spread against Kira supporters and anti-kira's.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:14 pm
Oh no no no no. I would not support Kira.  

TheseElegantCrimes

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:51 pm
Of course not. I don't generally support serial killers O.o  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:02 pm
Honestly speaking I would support Kira. He is flushing the world of the evil, and ridding our prison systems of there burden. Prisoners weaken our economy by us having to pay for them to spend years in prison, while doing nothing good for society. Sure, you can argue that its human life and we have all equal rights, but in our bill of rights it says if you take away someone else's rights you forfeit your rights. And frankly, we could do better without those kind of people in our society.  

Morwinn

Dark Anime Dragon150

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:38 pm
To tell you the truth I hate light with a passion though if kira were someone else yes I would support them. thought to tell you the truth I'm a hardcore L fan...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:44 pm
L murder is murder and Light was a murderer. kind of ironic if you ask me. the murderer is murdering murderers to rid the world of murderers? even if he did that would leave one last killer, himself. for the world to be perfect Kira would have to rid the world of ALL evil and since Kira is a murderer he is a law breaker, a criminal, and a taker of human life. no matter how you look at it he was a mass murderer. He took human lives and possibly innocent ones too. What if a guy went to jail because he was suspected in a robbery just because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time? what if that man had a family to feed? Murder is wrong all it does is cause more problems. Light was a normal teenager who would have made a great detective, but he found the death note and all hell broke loose. Light became evil although if you ask me The Death Note is whats truly evil  

Faraam Knight

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Morwinn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:50 pm
I have to disagree with you on that one DarkCavalier, Light was a murdurer granted, but if he finally did eradicate the other murdurers, he couldn't possible kill himself. It would defeat the purpose of him doing all of that in the first place. As soon as he was out of the picture murdurers and criminals would begin to run rampent again and it would be just as bad as when he started. For there to be peace, there has to be someone to take out all those that mean to halt peace.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:24 pm
hmmm toughie here. I would say that I would suport kira and L both. I mean they both reached for almost the same goal. except L was trying to kill Light and Light wanted to kill L. Near and Mello didn't come untill much later though. But Kira was pretty cool in someways, except I would've made more careful desisions. L was also cool but he messed up. he should've worked with a mask and never taken it off. Light wanted to change the world to a better place. Like what Yosafis said about Light: "He is flushing the world of the evil, and ridding our prison systems of there burden. Prisoners weaken our economy by us having to pay for them to spend years in prison, while doing nothing good for society.". I also agree with that, but L wanted to keep socity safe from crimes. I mean sooner or later Light would go crazy with power that he probably would've killed everyone who stood in his way until Ryuk killed him( which also means he kills almost everyone in the world). I mean in DN, they killed the presindent. so whos to say that Light would kill the next presindent?  

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:04 pm
Yosafis
I have to disagree with you on that one DarkCavalier, Light was a murdurer granted, but if he finally did eradicate the other murdurers, he couldn't possible kill himself. It would defeat the purpose of him doing all of that in the first place. As soon as he was out of the picture murdurers and criminals would begin to run rampent again and it would be just as bad as when he started. For there to be peace, there has to be someone to take out all those that mean to halt peace.

Which means that the ideal can NEVER be realized. To leave himself alive to stop other murderers, or kill himself and let murderers rise again...either way, the world is not rid of evil. He could never succeed in the idealistic dream.

Anyway, what gives him the right to act as Judge, Jury, and Executioner for the world? Besides, he did not just kill criminals. He murdered anyone who got in his way, or who's death would be useful. He was a monster who used other people as pawns to gain power. Not only that, but he manipulated people with the notebook before he killed them.

Yosafis said this in a post "Sure, you can argue that its human life and we have all equal rights, but in our bill of rights it says if you take away someone else's rights you forfeit your rights. And frankly, we could do better without those kind of people in our society."

He took away their rights. Yosa mentioned that Kira was good because the people in prisons took away other's rights to life and safety, so they should lose their own rights as well. What about Light Yagami? He took away countless people's right to life, and their free will. Don't his rights, by that logic, end where another's begins? He took away their right to life, shouldn't his be taken away in return?

"An eye for an eye, my friend..." -L  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:12 pm
What gives Light the right to be Jugde, Jury, and Executioner? He does, in this society people twist and turn the law to there advantage on a daily basis, and though his ruling may be biased compared to a jury of 9, his rulings will always turn in the same way. With our jury system some have gone to jail for 15 years, and some have only gone to prison for 5 years for the same crime. Some of these cases were different simply by the criminals skin color. Some people have gotten sent to life in prison, while others have gotten the death penalty. Why is this? It's because in a jury of 9 all said individuals are different and all people think differently. They think the punishment shoudl be different then what others think. So why should Light not put conformity in the legal system. Every person faces the same consequences for their actions regardless of race, ethnicity, job, family, and money.

Now onto how he used people. Even I cannot say anything in his defence except that with great power comes great responsibility. Though its still wrong I can still see the benafits of sacrificing the few for the plenty. By using those people as mere pawns he was able to hold of his arrest for another 7 years in the anime series, think of how many murdurers and convicts that were deleted from society, and how much extra money the legal system had without having to deal with all that burden.

Akiko your misconcepting the idea, the idea is they already lost their rights when they decided to push the law to the side, and do what they wanted, so when Light took their lives you could argue that those prisoners had no rights in the first place. To further clear up any misconceptions, in our legal system, if you are in jail you are also considered to have non of the rights we have. Those rights only apply to 'free' peoples of the United States. And when your in jail you are not a 'free' person.  

Morwinn

Akiko-infinity

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:36 pm
Yosafis
What gives Light the right to be Jugde, Jury, and Executioner? He does, in this society people twist and turn the law to there advantage on a daily basis, and though his ruling may be biased compared to a jury of 9, his rulings will always turn in the same way. With our jury system some have gone to jail for 15 years, and some have only gone to prison for 5 years for the same crime. Some of these cases were different simply by the criminals skin color. Some people have gotten sent to life in prison, while others have gotten the death penalty. Why is this? It's because in a jury of 9 all said individuals are different and all people think differently. They think the punishment shoudl be different then what others think. So why should Light not put conformity in the legal system. Every person faces the same consequences for their actions regardless of race, ethnicity, job, family, and money.

Now onto how he used people. Even I cannot say anything in his defence except that with great power comes great responsibility. Though its still wrong I can still see the benafits of sacrificing the few for the plenty. By using those people as mere pawns he was able to hold of his arrest for another 7 years in the anime series, think of how many murdurers and convicts that were deleted from society, and how much extra money the legal system had without having to deal with all that burden.

Akiko your misconcepting the idea, the idea is they already lost their rights when they decided to push the law to the side, and do what they wanted, so when Light took their lives you could argue that those prisoners had no rights in the first place. To further clear up any misconceptions, in our legal system, if you are in jail you are also considered to have non of the rights we have. Those rights only apply to 'free' peoples of the United States. And when your in jail you are not a 'free' person.

No, I may have said it slightly incorrectly, but I wasn't referring to him taking away the rights of those in jail. Not only did he kill innocent people (taking away their rights), but he killed those who were actively seeking to stop bad guys, same as him.
L
Naomi
Raye
Among others. I'm not saying that he took away the rights of prisoners. Had it stayed like that, even I couldn't complain too much. But within the first few episodes, he was already killing innocent people.

I would not support Kira, because he has too much power. Power corrupts. Ultimate power corrupts ultimately.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:14 pm
I would support him because of the ideal he was trying to achieve. I don't believe he was killing the innocent or framed people like someone posted earlier. He was going after the criminals that were beyond a shadow of a doubt killers. Although if he started branching out more, I'd still support him.

The world is over-populated and he was helping with that. The jails are over-populated and he was helping with that. The jails are hurtful to the economy and he was helping with that. Now all that said, he needed to get over the god complex and bring others in to help him so not all the burden of decisions would be placed on him. However, he could take ultimate responsibility so no one else "falls from grace" in the eyes of others.

We'll never be without nor should we be without evil. The world needs balance. It's yin and yang. 3nodding  

emosgirl

Desirable Dark Elf

Kamarie-Logos

Witty Capitalist

13,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:54 pm
No, there are better methods for creating a better world. Even if it's not easy to accomplish the long term benefits will be much greater if we find some way to write a definite explanation as to what the difference between right and wrong is and why it is important to do the right thing. Greater knowledge is something we can all benefit from and any type of criminal activity in the world is only a result of ignorance.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:12 pm
In such a case I would have to side with Kira but against him as well. A hero among the weak yet a villain to the righteous. I wouldn't be able to choose a side.  

AKILEY

Death Note Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces