Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply News & Announcements
The Death Note American Remake / Hollywood Movie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:32 pm
G0TH1C G33K
If it were me, I would make the new movie a continuation of the Japanese live action movies. If you haven't seen them yet, stop reading, i might spoil something.

In the Japanese ones, L doesn't die by Kira/Light's plan, he writes his own name in the Death Note. In the film L Change The World, also known as The Last 23 Days Of L, L finds and brings Near to Wammy's House himself.
Based on that and the fact the new movie will be American made, If was I were them I would make the movie about an American finding the Death Note and a teen Near trying to stop him and have Mello involved somehow. It would make more sense to me.

I've gotta say, that's be pretty cool. It would be an American continuation of the Japanese movies.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:35 pm
This would be amazing!
Zac Efron looks like Light Yagami, just saying..Light's face is so innocent and sweet looking like a little kid, and that's exactly what Efron looks like.
How amazing would this be!?

ptjessd

Married Husband

Coniglietto

Generous Fairy

12,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:31 am
eek  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:50 am
The script that was leaked onto the internet if it was real was written by the guys previously in charge. With Shane Black taking over there are new writers so im assuming there will be a new script thankfully cause that other was awful.
I had read that Death Note was Blacks favorite manga and wanted to stick to it really well so its giving me some hope for this remake.

Xall_hallows_eveX

Doughnut_talk2me

Romantic Exhibitionist

7,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:59 pm
G0TH1C G33K
If it were me, I would make the new movie a continuation of the Japanese live action movies. If you haven't seen them yet, stop reading, i might spoil something.

In the Japanese ones, L doesn't die by Kira/Light's plan, he writes his own name in the Death Note. In the film L Change The World, also known as The Last 23 Days Of L, L finds and brings Near to Wammy's House himself.
Based on that and the fact the new movie will be American made, If was I were them I would make the movie about an American finding the Death Note and a teen Near trying to stop him and have Mello involved somehow. It would make more sense to me.

Oh please, PLEASE let it be something like this. I'd spend money to go see this over what that other discarded script was ANY DAY. I think L's successors really need more screen time than they got in the anime and manga...  
News & Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff