Welcome to Gaia! ::

► Pray For Japan ◄

Back to Guilds

A place to express your thoughts on the Japan Earthquake/Tsunami. 

Tags: Japan, Earthquake, Support, Disaster, Tsunami 

Reply ► Pray For Japan ◄
Was It Karma? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do You Think It Was Karma?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

So Zetta SIow

Dangerous Trafficker

11,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:20 am
Ok what I say will come off possibly as controversial, but in no way am I in support of Japan's catastrophe, Personally Japan didn't deserve that, everyone everywhere deserves worse, and yes I say that because of sin. BUT DON'T GET ME WRONG WHEN I SAY THIS, I'm NOT saying God smited Japan, or Haiti, or any other nation who had a Tsunami, Earthquake, or otherwise. I believe that the Devil causes this kind of stuff, if God wanted to harm a nation, he would do so better then that. That said, I hope that Japan recovers and will be praying for the people there.

Don't take what I said as gloom and doom, I'm saying that it was evil that caused this, and no I'm not talking religion, it is a fact. Without a doubt was not karma striking them back for misdeeds, if it was, it would be a lot more destroyed then that...let me try to explain this as logically and clearly as I can, for every rapist, murderer, Thief, and other criminals everywhere...that basically would be a mass of the world's population wouldn't it? If one should die for killing someone or doing cruelty to others, I think this world would be ash by now at least close to 100% wouldn't it be? I know not everyone has killed someone, or something, but what I'm trying to say is that there would be more wrong in the world if that were true, we've all done at least 100 things wrong in our lives, probably everyday...even minor things, think about how much that would add up on a global scale if you think about every crime one commits and the severity of the punishment(karma) for it happening.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:57 pm
No, because if it WAS Karma, then think about what would've happened to the US. xD  

Memories of Phantasm

Happy Masks

Shaggy Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:58 pm
Wow it disgusts me to see people saying its karma. Some people from Japan may have done bad stuff but your blaming the whole country, thousands of innocent people died and servivors have to try to live with nothing but rubble and debris of their old homes.
You'd have to be heartless to think anyone deserves that neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:47 pm
I, personally, do not believe in karma. To believe in karma would be to believe in bad luck - things such as black cats and the non-sense you hear about in children fairy tales. No, it was not karma in my opinion as most would like to think, but merely an accident - one of the many disasters of this world our kind can't seem to distinguish.

Sure - There are a plethora of reason's as to why many people believe they deserve it. But in all truth, are we any better? As American's, do we live purer then the rest of the world? Or as any other country - is our crime and way of thinking all that different?

If it was karma, it would have hit not just Japan, but us all.

Cye The Fox

Tipsy Explorer

Pooklet

Shirtless Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:16 pm
Cykx
This is not "Karma for Pearl Harbor" or anything. It's just the regular shifts in the earths plates. It just so happened to be a stronger earthquake than normal. I mean they get earthquakes everyday not even noticing. I mean if its Karma, it's Germany and America who deserve Karma. The Holocaust, Slavery, Bombing Japan.

I'm sorry, but I'm really offended by this. I'm from pure German descent, and if we deserve to be punished because of the Holocaust, then Japan does for what they did to the people of Nanjing (now Nanking) in 1937 in China. Over 300 000 Chinese people were raped, tortured, and murdered. If you're just going by the wrong doings or the history of a country, then every country deserves to be punished. Just because one country has done something wrong, doesn't mean their people should be tortured.

As for it being karma, I personally don't believe it is, they're one the border of two very active tectonic plates, none of this is their fault. These huge earthquakes happen every hundred years or so, this is just normal.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:14 pm
Xx_Eskemo_xX
Cykx
This is not "Karma for Pearl Harbor" or anything. It's just the regular shifts in the earths plates. It just so happened to be a stronger earthquake than normal. I mean they get earthquakes everyday not even noticing. I mean if its Karma, it's Germany and America who deserve Karma. The Holocaust, Slavery, Bombing Japan.

I'm sorry, but I'm really offended by this. I'm from pure German descent, and if we diserve to be punished because of the Holocaust, then Japan does for what they did to the people of Nanjing (now Nanking) in 1937 in China. Over 300 000 Chinese people were raped, tortured, and murdered. If you're just going by the wrong doings or the history of a country, then every country diserves to be punished. Just because one country has done something wrong, doesn't mean their people should be tortured.

As for it being karma, I personally don't believe it is, they're one the border of two very active tectonic plates, none of this is their fault. These huge earthquakes happen every hundred years or so, this is just normal.

Cool story bro.
All I'm saying is if they deserve it, so do we and everyone else.  

Cykx

Distinct Noob

Sergeant McNasty

5,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:25 pm
Karma, LOLLS you people still believe in karma. A stupid myth that doesn't exist that what karma is. Bad luck, I dont believe in such foolishness only a idiot child would believe in Karma. Its no way that this exist OK for example. The chain letter i get many of these in texts, letters, and instant messages. Not one day did something horribly bad ever happen to me after this. But of course this is my opinion you think what you want to think.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:15 pm
If It really Was Karma That Caused Japan To Be Having The Issues With Nuclear, Tsunami, and Earthquake Damage. Then, Shouldn't, We, The United States of America, Be getting WORSE Damage In The Near Future Since We Are The ONLY Country To Nuclear Bomb Another? Besides, Saying That Karma Did It Is actually Incorrect, We cannot Blame Something On Karma When It was A Natural Disaster made By Mother Nature. Also, Landforms On The Ring Of Fire are actually Moving In a Clockwise Direction. Plus, California Is In between Two Fault Lines. And Japan Itself Is Sitting On a fault As Well. And Karma ,to me at least, Does Exist...I literally had one of my Favorite Sweaters Disappear into thin air and about one month later my sister Found it in the basement after i looked there. But thats from the fact i grew up around believing Karma. sweatdrop  

MeioQuin

Aged Gaian

10,125 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
  • Survivor 150

LonnnnngggggD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:36 pm
jsky_high
Im not angry at Japan because its one of my favorite place to go (if i can go) but you know what ...maybe nature just had his revenge to japan you know japan has one of the best technologies and it also requires more wood and nature stuff so it means they have to cut down trees and lot of stuff that is from nature... that all i can say im not saying that japan is having karma

true  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:11 pm
lKonoha Sasuke
Karma, LOLLS you people still believe in karma. A stupid myth that doesn't exist that what karma is. Bad luck, I dont believe in such foolishness only a idiot child would believe in Karma. Its no way that this exist OK for example. The chain letter i get many of these in texts, letters, and instant messages. Not one day did something horribly bad ever happen to me after this. But of course this is my opinion you think what you want to think.

yeah, i agree with what he says. i always get those chain letters and delete them, and so far nothing happened to me. Japan didn't deserve it, i mean, a lot of ppl say that they 'got what they deserved' because of the pearl harbour thing in the US i think.. (sry, i'm canadian sweatdrop ) but... then wat (no offence) would the US deserve? o_O a LOT of innocent ppl died, like a lot of children for example, like, what did children do? what could they do? they're innocent, and japan didn't deserve this. I think karma is just one of those old wifes' tales' things. it was from back when ppl were burned at stake bcuz they were 'witches' stare soo yeah.. ~ 3nodding  

Hidden_Anjel

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250

VI_Mistress_Xion_IV

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:59 pm
i dont think its Karma i think its sad that this happened to them. If i could do anything i think i would help them. I feel bad that im just sitting here and doing nothing but really wut CAN we do right? Well i just hope the ppl there r ok and wut if this DID happen to us or something. I think someone WOULD do SOMETHING right? I just dont see y the others think they deserve this its kinda sad and rude wutever happened to world peace? (honestly i think that died out a LONG time ago but still???) We all should help them in some way Gaia's helping by making items for us so we could give a dollar (i think i cant remember ><) to wutever happened in Japan.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:01 pm
Zero Ember
Sorry yes karma has it's limits, but think about this; In the whole of then universe there will always be death so that birth can happen, U might call me a heartless basterd for this but our lives as humans are utterly meaningless except inside our own minds. In all death and chaos, life will always be born anew. So ya I'm sorry for what happened to japan but in the grand sceame of things this was just a blip in the bucket as far as death is concerned. Besides as far as I'm concerned something even better will rise from the ash's and if it's worse... kill it again and rebuild all over again. human life, no the whole human extense seems to be like the pheniox, the more chaos we endure the stronger we as a whole become. So yes morn the dead and dying but dont forget to celebrate the new life that will come out of the chaos.

If you'd like to reply Pm me for i am just a random person posting his thoughts about the world, and most likley wont even return to this guild.
I do pray for everyone in the world who is affected by some kind of tradidy though no matter how big or small.. for they are the ones who need it the most.

YOU ARE A HEARTLESS BASTERED HTF COULD YOU EVEN SAY THAT WORTHLESS PIECE OF SH.....  

Sergeant McNasty

5,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MeioQuin

Aged Gaian

10,125 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:45 pm
Zero Ember
Sorry yes karma has it's limits, but think about this; In the whole of then universe there will always be death so that birth can happen, U might call me a heartless basterd for this but our lives as humans are utterly meaningless except inside our own minds. In all death and chaos, life will always be born anew. So ya I'm sorry for what happened to japan but in the grand sceame of things this was just a blip in the bucket as far as death is concerned. Besides as far as I'm concerned something even better will rise from the ash's and if it's worse... kill it again and rebuild all over again. human life, no the whole human extense seems to be like the pheniox, the more chaos we endure the stronger we as a whole become. So yes morn the dead and dying but dont forget to celebrate the new life that will come out of the chaos.

If you'd like to reply Pm me for i am just a random person posting his thoughts about the world, and most likley wont even return to this guild.
I do pray for everyone in the world who is affected by some kind of tradidy though no matter how big or small.. for they are the ones who need it the most.

You Actually Have a Good Point (Ok Go Ahead and call Me Whatever Bad Word You want...But It is The TRUTH). We, The Human race, Will never Truly "Die Out"...After The earth Repairs Itself after one Human Civilization Did, It Will Make Humans Again...In a Repeated Cycle Until Finally Earth Is Turned into Dust or crushed By The Event Horizon Of a Black Hole. Karma Does Exist, It Watches You Like Christianity's So Called "God". It effects You If You do Something good and bad. The More bad choices You Do, The Worse Your Life Will Be...But As I Will Always Say as people Say It Was Karma That Hit Japan...The USA Should Be Expecting Something Worse, Since We are the only country to Nuclear Bomb another Twice.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:08 am
Chakolati
User Image

Was It Karma?
Okay, after visiting some sites I started to notice people thinking this was Karma. Yeah Japan might have done some things in the past but oh well, the past is over and done with. I dont think Japan, Or any other coutry deserves this kind of disaster. For those of you who think it is Karma, Please let me know what your reasoning is. Because I cannot see why some people are actually glad this happen to them. ):< *Frowny face*

Japan started Najing massacre and payed the price with the nuclear bomb that cost them more than they deserved, now they are peaceful they didnt do anything yet they people still died cuz of the tsuami so it not karma.....im korean but i would beat a person up if they say it karma that happen to the jap or they deserve it  

Park-Jaejoon

5,850 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Park-Jaejoon

5,850 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:09 am
lKonoha Sasuke

karma IS true but in this stituation it NOT karma becuz the jap didnt killed any1,the massacre they caused to the chinese have been paid with the nuclear bomb now there nothing to paid  
► Pray For Japan ◄

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff