Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh My Gold! Polls, Contests, Give-a-ways & More!

Back to Guilds

This Guild consists of Polls, Contests, Events, Giveeaways and much more! 

Tags: Conversation, Polls, SonZack, Contests, Friends 

Reply Entertainment! Movies, Games, Music & More!
Théâtre De Populaire{Accepting} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Phantom of GO

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm
Ңαмʟεт Ңυвεятυs ɖαsнυяιε

Ҭнε Ҏяιиcε ϴғ ɖεимaяк Λиɗ Ҭнε Ɍιgнтғuʟ Ңειя Ҭo Ҭнε Ҭняσиε

A dying man needs to die
as a sleepy man needs to sleep.
And there comes a time when it is wrong,
as well as useless, to resist. - Stewart Alsop.

User Image Hamlet raised his eyebrows and said, "Come now, dearest love... You know we have seen better days~" He lost himself in her gaze as she circled about his figure. A light-hearted laugh ensued from his lips as he murmered, "My dear Ophelia, your love is all Greek to me, I'm afraid, if your affection is present... This, above all: to thine self be true. And you, love, is something I think you have yet to be blunt in revealing some day if you truly do care..." He knew he had strung many of a quote from various plays written by the Shakespeare himself, and they all held deep meaning to him, for he was a lover of his own creator of such works. His words, though were sometimes a bit sharp for most people to bear, always spoke of soft, underlying truths, even in his schizophrenic madness.

That was when the brunette's gaze wavered to one of the theater's house boxes and, following it, saw a rather pretty young girl with silvery, somewhat light blond, hair and truthfully blue eyes. He cocked a curious eyebrow as he spoke towards the little stowaway, "Hello... Are you, perhaps, friend or foe? I do not think that it is polite to be here, either way."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My lungs give out as I face the crowd
I think that keeping this up could be dangerous

Well, they didn't seem too angry. She slowly made her way back to the main part of the house. "I wasn't trying to be rude." She said quietly. The songs in her head made it hard to think straight. Fortunately, she didn't hear anything menacing coming out of the strange man. "I can't...I can't really be here during a performance." Neither the amount of funds she had or her father's anxiety would allow for that. She finally gave in and pushed the songs away. With the new silence in her mind, she could think clearly. "So I come here during the day. To...pretend, I guess." She was aware of how pathetic she sounded, but there wasn't a single decent excuse she could think of. All that was left was the truth.

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

CintaDanTechno

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 pm
Ophelia's brow furrowed and her prowl around Hamlet came to an end beside the man as she stared silently at the woman. Ophelia chose when to speak and would when ready. Finally she opened her mouth. "Just be thankful that Creon did not find you. He would have demanded your execution. Though me and my mad friend here might be not much better, perhaps even worse." Another wicked smile curved her lip. "Answer me this: What walks on four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three in the evening?" She turned and walked offstage, stalking up one of the isles that dotted the house. The building seemed to shiver as she laughed, only a bit of hysteria touching it. She spun around and faced Hamlet abruptly. "O, look! 'Tis Hamlet! It is the East, and he is the sun! O, love, deny thy logic and refuse thy rationale, or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be me." She called to him as a sweet smile danced upon her lips; the intruder forgotten for the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Execution? With the siren part of her mind locked away, it was impossible to tell if she was joking. The riddle, however, was easy. "It's a man." She replied, almost automatically. "Crawls on all fours at the beginning of his life, walks on two legs in the middle, and leans on a cane in the end." Was that it? Answer a riddle and your life was saved? She didn't even know if it was in danger in the first place. She watched the woman go back up to the stage. "I guess I'll just be going then." She said, turning to leave. It looked like she couldn't come back. The thought made her feel oddly helpless. Like she needed something solid to hold onto.

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

The Phantom of GO

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:08 pm
Ңαмʟεт Ңυвεятυs ɖαsнυяιε

A dying man needs to die

User Image Hamlet laughed a bit heartily and said, "Come now, stay for a while, lass... We don't physically harm a person. Though, I'd watch out for our theater's guard, Condor, for he does when he's ordered to~" He turned to Ophelia as she skirted about the theater's aisles, smiling even more broadly as she spoke more quotes from "Romeo And Juliet". He lifted his hands and took of his hood, revealing his golden hair as he, once again, raised his eyebrow a bit amusingly and quoted, "Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." A line from from the great tragedy known as "Macbeth", it was one that held true to life in its general chaos.

User ImageUser Image--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ҁσи∂σя Ҁαsεч Ҁσиυи∂яυмαs
Ϯɧє Ӎαиαɢεяs' Λssιsтαит / Ҭнε Лιɢнт ɠυαя∂
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As if upon cue, a figure clothed in a black outfit, his skin fairly pale, and a nest of careless, tawny black hair upon his head. Upon closer inspection, it can be noticed that he has ruby red eyes that are sheltered behind rectangular glasses frames... A small frown appeared on his face as he was all too quick to notice the newcomer in the house box and, tilting his head slightly to his right, he spoke calmly, with a hint of playfulness in his voice as his frown changed into a smirk, " 'Tis some visitor, I muttered, tapping at my chamber door... Only this, and nothing more." He ceased tilting his head and clucked his tongue in a most curious manner.

He stepped down from the bright lights upon the stage and walked towards the couple flitting about the theater's seats as he remarked, but this towards them instead of the new girl now,
"Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer. Sir, said I, or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore... But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping, and so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door." He stopped quoting Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" and, more directly, pondered to Ophelia and Hamlet, "My dear friends, whom I have known quite closely and for a long while, who is this stranger that I see here now, upon this early hour of morn' and inside our home?" His gaze stared at them, imploring an immediate answer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 pm
Овёґои'$ Jє$тєґ | Иaтцґє $pґїтё | $нґёщd Єlf |

ЯоЬїи Gооdfєllош ~ Pцcк

There was a soft thnk as soft messengers' slippers hit the padded carpet. A tall man stepped from the shadows, his soft tinted green eyes studied her slyly. "I do believe a fateful friend has befallen upon our doorstep."" he purred, a minuscule shake of his head causing the sandy blonde strands out of his face. His slender, deft fingers gloved in a leather glove suddenly snatched by her ear, a whiff of mint accompanying his movement. A flower appeared in his hand as he pulled back, the flower a delicate cyan blue rose. With this, a small but handsome smile spread across his flawless face, his suddenly intense eyes looking into hers. He bowed and gave the rose to her, an elegant gesture. He looked up at Condor and remarked, "I think she would be most welcome, hm? She hath done no harm and reeks of passion for the theatre."
User Image User Image User Image

finniii

Salty Genius

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Kadie frowned, her back against the door. She liked verse as much as the next person, but these people...it was like it was their sole form of communication. Though the question was aimed toward the other two (or at least that's what she assumed) she answered for herself. "My name's Kadence." She said. For some reason her nickname seemed too informal for the Theater. "I was just on my way out." That is, if they would let her leave. She took the rose from the strange man, staring at him in puzzlement. There was definitely something other about this place.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:48 pm
Ophelia

Ophelia smiled and turned to Condor. "Oh, is nothing, dear friend. 'Tis but the newest maiden to listen to the snake and reach out to pluck the apple that is our humble home." She chimed, her eyes shimmering with a dream-like quality, lucidness drifting off her. She spun abruptly and made her way with haste back onto the stage, before seizing Hamlet's large, warm hands with her own dainty ones. "Oh, Hamlet, oh, ill-fated love, please tell me that you haven't fallen prey to that harlot's charms, and put my wary mind to rest!" She cast a finger in the direction if Kadence. She released Hamlet and faced the House, before she started a mad pacing to and fro. Finally she came to stop. "O, what a noble mind is here o'erthrown!
The courtier's, scholar's, soldier's, eye, tongue, sword,
Th' expectancy and rose of the fair state,
The glass of fashion and the mould of form,
Th' observ'd of all observers- quite, quite down!
And I, of ladies most deject and wretched,
That suck'd the honey of his music vows,
Now see that noble and most sovereign reason,
Like sweet bells jangled, out of tune and harsh;
That unmatch'd form and feature of blown youth
Blasted with ecstasy. O, woe is me
T' have seen what I have seen, see what I see!"

Artemus

Artemus walked, or rather, floated into the room, her entrance like a whisper of warm air across the skin. A beautiful gown, simple in context, dances around her frame. She made the dress beautiful. A pair of glasses, equal in shape but smaller in size than Candor's own rested on the bridge of her nose and her beautiful hair cascaded down her shoulder in a loose, comfortable braid. She cast a smile towards her assistant and came forward, stopping before the woman. "Why, hello." She smiled, a warning in he eyes for Puck. "I am Artemus, the owner and manager of the humble theater you see before you. Please allow me to apologize for any misbehavior on my Players part. They tend to live their roles. Now, I must ask, what brings you here, young lady?"

CintaDanTechno

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Kadie had been homeschooled ever since her mother's death 4 years before. She'd barely spoken to a soul since then, save her father. So to have all these people flocking to her was more than a little unnerving. The latest addition, however, seemed to be the most important. The owner of the theater? She'd better watch her step. "I wanted to watch." She said honestly. Truth was the only thing she had going for her at the moment. "I can't come during a performance, so I was hoping....to sit in on a rehearsal." She knew they weren't usually open to the public, but it was the only plan she could think of.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:08 pm
Artemus

Artemus's every present smile faltered for a moment and she tapped her cheek with an elegant finger. "Well, since it seems that you have come here during many a performance without having been noticed before, you will have to make up the difference." She nodded to herself as a silvery hair fell across her face. "You will work. You can start tomorrow, but I'll have someone show you around. Puck, would you be willing, dear?" She raised an eyebrow as she turned to him, daring him to refuse. She was kind; most definitely, bun didn't take well to people refusing her.

CintaDanTechno

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Phantom of GO

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:24 pm
Ңαмʟεт Ңυвεятυs ɖαsнυяιε

A dying man needs to die

User Image Hamlet looked shocked and a bit startled as Ophelia took him by his hands and led her up-stage. Then, as she began speaking of how, supposedly, he was falling for Kadence, his brow furrowed, he spoke towards both her and everyone else and, yet, nobody in particular, "Oh, the course of true love never did run smooth..." His gaze met Ophelia's as she finished ranting, and, the hue in the eyes becoming stronger as he began his own mindlessly mad blabber, "What a piece of work is man; how noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, and, in form and moving, how express and admirable! In action, how like an angel! In apprehension, how like a god! The beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!" Suddenly, he pulled Ophelia close and whispered into her right ear, his warm breath comforting and sweet, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks... At this rate, let madness be the very ecstasy of love and devotion." His breath tingled and tickled her cool flesh ever so delicately.

User ImageUser Image--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ҁσи∂σя Ҁαsεч Ҁσиυи∂яυмαs
Ϯɧє Ӎαиαɢεяs' Λssιsтαит / Ҭнε Лιɢнт ɠυαя∂
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In silent pursuit and, as if it were merely in second nature, Condor followed Artemus as a pet does its master, taking in the conversation with eyes working back and forth between the conversation and his ears in full attention, ignoring his little creations of performers. He took into acknowledgement of the agreement proposal Artemus made towards the new girl, now known to be Kadence, as it went on. His eyes darted towards Puck, one of his most favorite of inventions, and smirked a little more, his brow raised. Only Artemus and Alexandre knew the truth about these entertainers, and he enjoyed the privacy of the manipulated souls not knowing their master is, indeed, amongst them all...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:25 pm

ЯоЬїи Gооdfєllош ~ Pцcк

"I have no spur to pinch the sides of my intent, but only vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself, and falls on the other." Puck quoted Macbeth as an apology to Kadence. Then he turned to Artemus, her inhuman beauty shaming the very stars themselves. "It would be my pleasure." He replied, turning his mystical sea-green eyes that held an entrancing pattern, to the girl he was to tour around. A small smirk played on his fine lips, as he blew a small gust of soft-mint breath to blow away a strand of layered hair above his nose. "Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore, So do our minutes hasten to their end. Shall we begin our tour?" Puck asked, his almost hypnotizing eyes glancing at hers, his fae genetics contributing to the oddness of his eyes.

finniii

Salty Genius

CintaDanTechno

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:42 pm
Ophelia

Ophelia's eyes widened and she swallowed delicately. "O, Hamlet my love, words cannot describe how truly and deeply sorry I am! Only actions have any hope of capturing my heart's words, and so, I continue!" She gently, but with much fervor, stroked his cheeks and set her hands on his shoulders as her lips came to meet his. Her long hair skirted over his cheeks, teasing, and she stepped even closer to him before pulling away. "Please, dearest Hamlet, understand my intentions."

Artemus

Arty turned and smiled after Puck and Kadence before turning to Condor. "Well, good morning, friend. We have much to do. Especially now that we have a new worker, I would like to--" She stopped and frowned as a hand floated up to rub at the spot over her heart. "How strange..." She murmured, lips pursed. "Actually; I think that I will take the day to check in with the actors. The theater is unhappy."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Kadie's eyes widened. They wanted her to work here? Well that definitely wasn't what she'd been expecting. Maybe a lecture on trespassing, the threat of a lawsuit. "I....I can't..." She stuttered. But it didn't matter. The woman was already walking away. "If my father finds out..." She muttered. It was hard enough to keep up with her homeschooling when she was constantly running off to the theater. Now she was going to be there for what, 9 to 5? She wasn't sure a theater worked like that, but then again what did she know about the theater? She turned to Puck. "Sure." She said without much enthusiasm.

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

finniii

Salty Genius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:33 pm

ЯоЬїи Gооdfєllош ~ Pцcк

" Children wish fathers looked but with their eyes; fathers that children with their judgment looked; and either may be wrong." Puck said, his voice turning from the silky sly voice to a theatrical boom. With this he hopped onto the strings holding the sandbags up, and the working of the curtains. "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages. And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything!" He said, gesturing to the theatre. Something about his simple preformance made the theatre suddenly seem teeming with booming life. Every surface seemed to gleam with possibilities, his voice igniting the imagination and freedom of one's soul, as thus was the skill of fae speech. The air seemed free with the chance of notes unsung, lines unspoken, gestures not made. He led her into the living quarters, each room overflowing with the force of excitment and exotic feelings. When they passed the long winding hallway of different types of doors belonging to different types of actors, he led her to the main stages backstage. "But O, how bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man's eyes. Thus is the feeling of backstage! But you must wait to see the outcome of one's conduct! One flash of a light, a correct shading, it makes the whole show! A life in the hidden shadows of the backstage be glorious, the true heroes of the acting world is thy backstage workers. Never seen nor heard, but much needed!" Robin's voice made the job sound so glorious and wonderful, ever syllable formed by his smooth lips made the theatre more and more desirable.

Entertainment! Movies, Games, Music & More!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games