Submit

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 am
freelance lover
Galad Aglaron
freelance lover
The Amazing Ryuu
Galad Aglaron
Well, there is, but it's not the word used in Paul.

Seriously. Paul MADE UP a word for his letters. He didn't use the established word of the day, which I think translates to "boy-love" but I'm not 100% on the translation. Either way, I hope that all these added notes are accurate too. Especially over controversial topics.

It is generally understood a translating to "soft" or "effeminate." A man being feminine was seriously looked down upon in Paul's time, so being the receiver in a homosexual sexual relationship would have been shameful. Some theologians think Paul was more interested in that component of gay sex than anything else, which basically means gay sex is fine as long as you're not the bottom lol

And that is a silly (and hypocritical) Roman idea. Nobody ever called the Sacred Band of Thebes soft, did they? Or the philosopher-warriors of Athens?

Pretty much. I just vaguely remember one of the books I had to read for my Pauline Letters class mentioning that. I need to reread it, but my books are at home so... later.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with being a bit girly. I like dressing up and things myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:15 am
I think the term "effeminate" in 1 Corinthians 6 is supposed to more mean catamite, young boys/men who would willing "sell" themselves into man-boy relationships and basically be their teacher's sex slaves in exchange for learning a new trade.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 am
rmcdra
I think the term "effeminate" in 1 Corinthians 6 is supposed to more mean catamite, young boys/men who would willing "sell" themselves into man-boy relationships and basically be their teacher's sex slaves in exchange for learning a new trade.
]

Yes! This also, but I was having trouble finding the words.... thanks Robbie biggrin

And there's nothing wrong with a girly man. Half my male friends are girlier than I am.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games