Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Official Fan Guild!

Back to Guilds

Death Note guild for all lovers of Death Note! 

Tags: Death Note, Kira, L Lawliet, Wammy House, Anime 

Reply Death Note Academy
Cryptology class!~ :D Lesson:1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dynaswhore

Wheezing Genius

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:54 pm
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain
So whats the difference between a Fairy, pixie, a Sprite and a Nymph? XDD <.< so many Tinkerbell like creatures rofl

Fairies have wings like butterflies, pixies are fairy-sized, but they don't have wings. Sprites and nymphs hide in nature. (Ever played zOMG? Yeah. Gold Beach. Nuff said.)

I see. Thank you teacher. Been reading a book on faeries a friend of mine recomened...to be honest i couldn't keep reading...it got confusing at a point. sweatdrop
Lol im so random

Oh! biggrin What book was it?

The Wicked lovley series....theres four books. I only read two.
Have you ever read them?

Sounds familiar... I might have sweatdrop

Its not a bad read. The characters seem alright...its just sometimes it gets off topic, they talk about different types of fearies...and (pardon my language) But what the **** are "Lupin fey?" like half wolf half fairy things? <.< (see what i mean?)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:56 pm
SusuCaptain
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain

I see. Thank you teacher. Been reading a book on faeries a friend of mine recomened...to be honest i couldn't keep reading...it got confusing at a point. sweatdrop
Lol im so random

Have you ever read them?

Its not a bad read. The characters seem alright...its just sometimes it gets off topic, they talk about different types of fearies...and (pardon my language) But what the **** are "Lupin fey?" like half wolf half fairy things? <.< (see what i mean?)

It makes sense with the name... Anyway, we are getting off-topic. Is there anything else in Cryptology that you are interested in? (Fairies are more Mythology, which will be in another class next week.)  

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Dynaswhore

Wheezing Genius

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:00 pm
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain

Lol im so random

Have you ever read them?

It makes sense with the name... Anyway, we are getting off-topic. Is there anything else in Cryptology that you are interested in? (Fairies are more Mythology, which will be in another class next week.)

Nope i think that's all. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:02 pm
SusuCaptain
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain

Have you ever read them?

Nope i think that's all. sweatdrop

Mkay. You get a class-participation grade mrgreen  

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Evil Overlord Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:15 am
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain
So whats the difference between a Fairy, pixie, a Sprite and a Nymph? XDD <.< so many Tinkerbell like creatures rofl

Fairies have wings like butterflies, pixies are fairy-sized, but they don't have wings. Sprites and nymphs hide in nature. (Ever played zOMG? Yeah. Gold Beach. Nuff said.)

Er...on some account,pixies are thought of being somewhat pesky,playful,evil little creatures.Er,some says that their cute looks are kinda deceiving,too.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 am
Sol Titanion Schiffer
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain

Er...on some account,pixies are thought of being somewhat pesky,playful,evil little creatures.Er,some says that their cute looks are kinda deceiving,too.

I think they're a cross between fairies and imps rofl  

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

AKILEY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:14 pm
Anyone know why Wiccans are listed as magical creatures in the book Fantasmagoria? Are they trying to say Wicca is fake?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:40 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Sol Titanion Schiffer
Clover_IceQueen
SusuCaptain

I think they're a cross between fairies and imps rofl

Yup. wink  

Evil Overlord Supreme

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 pm
AKILEY
Anyone know why Wiccans are listed as magical creatures in the book Fantasmagoria? Are they trying to say Wicca is fake?

They're what?! eek I demand to know who wrote such a book!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:03 pm
The author is Julia Bruce.  

AKILEY

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:56 pm
SusuCaptain

Fairies are generally harmless Tinkerbelleish creatures

Pixies are like fairies, only notorious for their mischief.

Sprites are like pixies and fairies combined. They also tend to look less human-like and are known for giving off a yellow glow.

Nymphs not a fairy in any way shape or form. They are Greek mythological beings. Nyads guard the rivers. Dryads guard the forest. Maenids are insane by drinking the wine of the gods via Dionysus. They became animalistic. They crave sex and eat raw meat unlike other nymphs who rarely eat. Nyads and dryads will attack you if they think their territory is in danger. Maenids, in their madness, will attack anyone anytime.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 am
Kari Twilight Mist
SusuCaptain

Fairies are generally harmless Tinkerbelleish creatures

Pixies are like fairies, only notorious for their mischief.

Sprites are like pixies and fairies combined. They also tend to look less human-like and are known for giving off a yellow glow.

Nymphs not a fairy in any way shape or form. They are Greek mythological beings. Nyads guard the rivers. Dryads guard the forest. Maenids are insane by drinking the wine of the gods via Dionysus. They became animalistic. They crave sex and eat raw meat unlike other nymphs who rarely eat. Nyads and dryads will attack you if they think their territory is in danger. Maenids, in their madness, will attack anyone anytime.

i see. The whole Nymph thing makes sense.  

Dynaswhore

Wheezing Genius

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:08 pm
AKILEY
The author is Julia Bruce.

Well, I don't like her one bit xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:54 pm
Knight of the Royal Court
Cool! I've been wondering what the diffrence between a were wolf and a wolf man is confused anyone know?

Some elaboration: originally werewolves were known as werwulfs. Wer = Old English for "man".

Because of that, later there have been variants such as weretiger/bear/fox.

Whenever an animal name is preceded by "were" it literally means mantiger/bear/fox. Man as in the human race. Women have been werewolves in myths too.

Unlike wolf men, werewolves no longer resemble their human form enough to be recognized as such. Wolf men are half-shifters. Like a minotaur for wolves.  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:56 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
Knight of the Royal Court
Cool! I've been wondering what the diffrence between a were wolf and a wolf man is confused anyone know?

Some elaboration: originally werewolves were known as werwulfs. Wer = Old English for "man".

Because of that, later there have been variants such as weretiger/bear/fox.

Whenever an animal name is preceded by "were" it literally means mantiger/bear/fox. Man as in the human race. Women have been werewolves in myths too.

Unlike wolf men, werewolves no longer resemble their human form enough to be recognized as such. Wolf men are half-shifters. Like a minotaur for wolves.

That's too bad sad I do know some werewolves that are human-looking though... >.>  
Death Note Academy

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff