Reply Prayer Requests {Let's help each other out}
What is Prayer/How do you Pray? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Natsugia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:49 pm
Prayer is our way of talking to God. It is how we communicate with Him. Technically, there is no special way one has to pray. You can kneel, you can fold your hands together, you can close your eyes, you can bow your head. It doesn't matter. Just do whatever is comfortable to you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:12 pm
I pray all the time cause I am talking to God all the time but I also close my day by thanking God for all the good that He has given me and ask him to watch over my loved ones. I also start the day by asking for His blessings and guidance of the steps that I take during the day. God is my strength and I am sure He knows that I am chatty Cathy! 4laugh  

Anniebug

dragongirl42391

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:55 pm
Praying is awesome, I really should do it more often. How I tend to pray during the day is sharing private moments in my head with God, like a texting conversation and some private joke that only me and God know about. Someimtes I just send up random sentences. I'll see someone at school who looks like they're going through a difficult time, and I send up a couple of quick words like "God I wonder what's troubling them? Please comfort them."
Usually at night I get down on my knees and talk out loud. sOmetimes I'm tired and I don't though. Yeah, I pray on my knees because I feel God deserves the respect. And I know when I see God up on the throne in Heaven I'm probably gonna fall flat on my face. blaugh sweatdrop

How do you pray in tounges? How do you know you're not spouting gibberish? I'm curious not trying to be offensive.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:02 pm
Praying in tongues is something inspired by the Holy Spirit and is a gift from Him. Not everyone can do it because not everyone is given that gift. If you wanna talk about it more I think it would be a great topic for the main or discussion forums. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:38 am
I once prayed in toungues when I was a kid 3nodding
You can tell it's not gibberish by the way you feel God's presence heart  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:00 pm
Very true... its like Paul says in Romans "The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words can not express."

I Just memorized that Verse  

Enkou Jihn

Ursine Shapeshifter

7,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Aladyleyna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:02 pm
I admit that I pray less that I actually ought to. There are days where I go without praying a single prayer to God, and now, looking through this thread, I realise that I am wrong. I really ought to pray more, and just communicate with God. But then again, I guess that's my independant streak - I'm just too proud to want to depend on someone, even though I know I ought to be depending on God.

If it's any consolation though, I prayed while reading through this thread, and from now onwards, I'm going to pray each time I do my devotions. I guess I need to build up an intimacy with God first before I can even think of tongues.  
Prayer Requests {Let's help each other out}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff