Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The dead can't talk back Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:23 pm
oh for goodness sake TeaDidikai........ghosts are every where. its just more noticable if you live with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:04 am
missmagpie
Mnemosyne of Rivendell
Please. You only need to have worked in a theatre once in your life to know that ghosts exist.

Why theatres more than anywhere else? Just curious. A friend of mine is training to be a medium, partially because she lives in a protected (historical) house that is just swarming with the bloody things.
Honestly? I suspect that Haunted Theaters are more a function of loose thought forms than actual non-corporeal human spirits.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:06 am
Neko_Bast
oh for goodness sake TeaDidikai........ghosts are every where. its just more noticable if you live with them.
But Neko... if ghosts are everywhere then everyone lives with them. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:17 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
Mnemosyne of Rivendell
Please. You only need to have worked in a theatre once in your life to know that ghosts exist.

Why theatres more than anywhere else? Just curious. A friend of mine is training to be a medium, partially because she lives in a protected (historical) house that is just swarming with the bloody things.
Honestly? I suspect that Haunted Theaters are more a function of loose thought forms than actual non-corporeal human spirits.

I'd be inclined to think the same thing. I'd consider ghosts to be the unfulfilled spirits of people who were once alive. In my experience they tend to attach themselves to places where a horrible crime was commited against them, or where they've left a psychic residue. So unless you're talking 'Phantom of the Opera' type stuff, I doubt too many people have met their demise in theatres.
It seems most likely that what you're talking about is wandering thought-forms created by peoples' belief in what they're seeing on stage. Those don't count as ghosts in my book. Ghosts need to have been alive and corporeal at some point. Many spirits do not.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:31 am
missmagpie

I'd be inclined to think the same thing. I'd consider ghosts to be the unfulfilled spirits of people who were once alive.
I wouldn't proffer Unfulfilled as a qualifer. Some of them just are there for their own amusement.
Quote:
In my experience they tend to attach themselves to places where a horrible crime was commited against them, or where they've left a psychic residue.
Even less inclined to agree to that one. But then, I tend not to make universal assertions about non-corporeal beings outside of my own experience.

It's also of an interesting note that being non-corporeal and relating to the corporeal world things get... twisted? Speaking from a shamanic perspective, rather than that of a dead human, but you get the idea.

Quote:
So unless you're talking 'Phantom of the Opera' type stuff, I doubt too many people have met their demise in theatres.
Lincon's Ghost! "Oooooooo... Beware of my tall hat! It will obstruct your view! Oooooooo!"

Quote:
It seems most likely that what you're talking about is wandering thought-forms created by peoples' belief in what they're seeing on stage.
Or, as is part of many a cast party, the death of the character. Hmmmm... I wonder...

Quote:
Those don't count as ghosts in my book. Ghosts need to have been alive and corporeal at some point. Many spirits do not.
Fair enough  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:41 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie

I'd be inclined to think the same thing. I'd consider ghosts to be the unfulfilled spirits of people who were once alive.
I wouldn't proffer Unfulfilled as a qualifer. Some of them just are there for their own amusement.
True. But then, does that count as unfulfilled cuz they want more fun out of the corporeal world? Or maybe I'm just being pedantic...
Quote:
Quote:
In my experience they tend to attach themselves to places where a horrible crime was commited against them, or where they've left a psychic residue.
Even less inclined to agree to that one. But then, I tend not to make universal assertions about non-corporeal beings outside of my own experience.

It's also of an interesting note that being non-corporeal and relating to the corporeal world things get... twisted? Speaking from a shamanic perspective, rather than that of a dead human, but you get the idea.

Actually reading through what I said i realise it makes no sense... Ahem. Graveyards? (speaking to myself here) My friend noted at her grandfather's funeral that part of the Christian burial ceremony binds a ghost to its grave. Somewhat unpleasant to have to stay there for an eternity, eh? And most of my experience with 'ghosts', as such, have stemmed from her house that's swarming with them, and a large number of them have had serious past problems. That's why they often make things rather difficult for her. Mostly because she allows them too. Personally I think they're perfectly harmless. Unless you allow them to scare the s**t out of you, in which case they'll keep trying do to it to get attention.
Quote:
Quote:
So unless you're talking 'Phantom of the Opera' type stuff, I doubt too many people have met their demise in theatres.
Lincon's Ghost! "Oooooooo... Beware of my tall hat! It will obstruct your view! Oooooooo!"

Quote:
It seems most likely that what you're talking about is wandering thought-forms created by peoples' belief in what they're seeing on stage.
Or, as is part of many a cast party, the death of the character. Hmmmm... I wonder...
Ooooh! Interesting! I hadn't thought of that. Must look into it...

Quote:
Quote:
Those don't count as ghosts in my book. Ghosts need to have been alive and corporeal at some point. Many spirits do not.
Fair enough
Though just thinking now about what you said about the death of a character, if a character was played by a human being, it could be said to have been alive and corporeal. The audience's belief in the character could create a reasonable thought-form which, when the actor shrugs off the mask, could be set free to roam the theatre. Maybe that's why actors are so terrified of Macbeth...
EDIT: Oh my quoting is crappy... redface  

Pelta

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:17 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
missmagpie

Though just thinking now about what you said about the death of a character, if a character was played by a human being, it could be said to have been alive and corporeal. The audience's belief in the character could create a reasonable thought-form which, when the actor shrugs off the mask, could be set free to roam the theatre. Maybe that's why actors are so terrified of Macbeth...
That's....really interesting. Hm.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:25 am
missmagpie
True. But then, does that count as unfulfilled cuz they want more fun out of the corporeal world? Or maybe I'm just being pedantic...
No... it's a good point. However, one could see a ghost's amusement with the corporeal world to be fulfilling, which would make them trancend/vanish/whatever- but not all of them do.

Quote:

Actually reading through what I said i realise it makes no sense... Ahem. Graveyards? (speaking to myself here) My friend noted at her grandfather's funeral that part of the Christian burial ceremony binds a ghost to its grave. Somewhat unpleasant to have to stay there for an eternity, eh? And most of my experience with 'ghosts', as such, have stemmed from her house that's swarming with them, and a large number of them have had serious past problems. That's why they often make things rather difficult for her. Mostly because she allows them too. Personally I think they're perfectly harmless. Unless you allow them to scare the s**t out of you, in which case they'll keep trying do to it to get attention.
Well, that could also be a part of their ties to their body- which should have a psychic signature of theirs- but such is neither here nor there, and as someone who has had limited work with the Graveyard Cults, all I can say is that human spirits don't always fit quite so nicely into the bounds we suggest here.

Quote:
Now you're cooking with gas!  

TeaDidikai

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:05 am
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast

lol......so true blaugh If he lives with ghosts he might just be one of the many who can't sence them.....lik my mom. Or he is in denial.....lol  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:08 am
Neko_Bast
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast

lol......so true blaugh If he lives with ghosts he might just be one of the many who can't sence them.....lik my mom. Or he is in denial.....lol
Or they could just not want to talk to him.  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:28 pm
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast
If he lives with ghosts he might just be one of the many who can't sence them.....lik my mom. Or he is in denial.....lol

^ xd .
If he truly believes that when you die you're dead and gone and never coming back, he could just be blocking them out completely and refusing to see them.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:41 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast
If he lives with ghosts he might just be one of the many who can't sence them.....lik my mom. Or he is in denial.....lol

^ xd .
If he truly believes that when you die you're dead and gone and never coming back, he could just be blocking them out completely and refusing to see them.
cool Or they could be saying "Idiot. How dare you tell me what I am and am not. Just for that, I'm not speaking to you!" xp  

TeaDidikai

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:45 pm
Damn. There's been a lot of talk about thought forms in here...and all this coming from a "The dead don't speak" topic? Gah! You know what, Someone needs to set up a topic about thought forms.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:07 am
Sovereign of Darkness
Damn. There's been a lot of talk about thought forms in here...and all this coming from a "The dead don't speak" topic? Gah! You know what, Someone needs to set up a topic about thought forms.
Still working on that one. sweatdrop  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:40 pm
missmagpie
EDIT: Oh my quoting is crappy... redface
i think the whole superstition behind the play macbeth is more that it's believed one of the actual actors (can't remember which one for the life of me) actually died after/during the performance (can't think of which one). i'd put it up to theatre superstition easily if i couldn't find any proof though. actors are too superstitious. in a german opera house/theatre, i remember being told not to take my jacket off if i had it on; it was considered bad luck...  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff