Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Care of Magical Creatures [[Lesson Three]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm
Thanks everyone! You've all been added to the list!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:13 pm
RP Name:: Fred
Username:: Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies
House:: Ravenclaw
Year:: Fourth year, I believe
Which level will you be taking? (Refer to the second post for info on levels) CoMC II

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:45 pm
RP Name::james telemar
Username::techpriest35
House::slytherin
Year::7th
Which level will you be taking? (Refer to the second post for info on levels)
level 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:07 pm
All added, thank you!

Stardust Disaster
Crew

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:52 pm
RP Name:: Kamalia-Mingan
Username:: DownAzzLette
House:: Slytherin
Year:: 7th
Which level will you be taking? Level IV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:56 am
RP Name:: Samara Brown
Username:: Riku is my Twin
House:: Ravenclaw
Year:: One
Which level will you be taking? CoMC I

Riku is my Twin

Dangerous Lover

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:44 pm
Everyone has been added and Lesson one is up! Everything for this lesson is due Feb. 5th!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:12 am
Ume comes to class promptly, excited about her first lesson. She takes the small paper from the Professor and looks it over. It is a familiar listing, for she had looked it up when she and her family had been fostering a baby creature.  

Sylvie Windren

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:30 am
Slappy Silk comes to class ready for some learnin', she listens as her professor teaches the lesson  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:39 am
I believe classifications of creatures are important, because not all creatures are the same and it is helpful to know what you might be dealing with in any given situation  

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:40 pm
User Image

Lana grabbed some parchment for her classwork. She wrote the following. 'Werewolves are usually a creature, when not in their transformation, to be pitied, the wizards and muggles who sport this 'disease' are indeed a lonely bunch. But some werewolves enjoy their 'disability', such as an evil wizard known as Fenhir Greyback, who enjoys to attack humans, muggles and magyk-folk alike, even in his human state. Werewolves should also be forced to take the wolfsbane potion to protect muggles as well as wizards and witches.'  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:54 pm
Ume looks over the classification list. She listens to the remainder of the lesson before raising her hand with an answer to Professor's question.

When prompted to speak she says, "Seeing as there are a vast amount of creatures and they are all very different, it is still a little broad of a scale in my opinion. However, I do believe the classifications are a good guide to gain basic knowledge about how dangerous a creature may be. They are very useful and easy to interpret."

Sylvie Windren

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:03 pm
"um professor i know the answer to all of those riddles they are not very hard im only supposed to ansower 3 though so i will send the answers to ther others in message
You heard me before Yet you hear me again Then I die Til you call me again What am I?an echo
I never was am always to be No one ever saw me nor ever will and yet i are the confidence of all to live and breathe on the terrestrial ball?tommorow
At night they come without being fetched and by day they are lost without being stolen?the stars"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:50 pm
"Thank you everyone, those are all very good answers. I especially was intrigued by your insight on the Wolfsbane potion. I agree, and also think the Ministry should provide the potion to said werewolves," Professor Moonshade said with a nod. At James she gave a laugh. "I'm sorry they weren't too challenging for you, but I appreciate you doing them. I'd give you harder ones, but I'm no good at making them up! I didn't even make those up! Anyways, for all the classwork completed so far I'll be awarding ten points to Hufflepuff and ten points to Slytherin."

Stardust Disaster
Crew

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:03 pm
User Image
Fred though for a moment about werewolves. Preferring to write down her answer instead of saying it aloud, she scrawled on a piece of parchment, "Werewolves are not too different than regular magical folk. The only difference is that they transform into a wolf lacking control over its actions during a full moon. Although Wolfsbane potion does help werewolves, it could be seen as discrimination against werewolves to force them to take it around full moons. It discriminates against them by treating them like beasts made for murder when most of the time they are just like your average human. It is up to them whether they choose to take the Wolfsbane potion, but if they were wise they would drink it around the time of a full moon." She paused, looking over her work, and then handed it in.  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff