Music Archive Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

virus73

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:26 pm
Mistress of the Dark
Starting now I shall make a statement once a week or so and I want your opinions about it. Alright? Alright.

Classic Rock (70's/80's) is the only real music

Agree or disagree?

it depends on what you think of as real. hip hop was just being born in those days. so its start was there, and evolved in the 90's, and into what it is today. the music of the 70's/8-'s can be argued by some to not be real, because people will say that the only real music is from the early 20's, 30's, 40's, and 50's. and even others will say that that isn't real, and the only real music is the classics like bach, brahms, and the classical compsers of the 11th-17th centuries  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:44 pm
Mistress of the Dark
Starting now I shall make a statement once a week or so and I want your opinions about it. Alright? Alright.

Classic Rock (70's/80's) is the only real music

Agree or disagree?
that's the wonderful thing about music, it's so subjective. someone may agree with that statement while someone else will argue the opposite for etenity. the fact that can spark such heated debate makes music great in general. but i digress. in response to the question posed by mistress, No, i don't believe classic rock is the only real music. Although i do like alot of Eric Clapton and Aerosmith, i don't belive it to be superior to any other music. Real music, in my opinion, is something that conveys raw emotion, when you can feel what the artist was feeling when they wrote it. Perfect examples of such would be Layla by Clapton or Dream on by Aerosmith. When you hear those lyrics and the way they make those guitars cry, you know. You don't know what you know, but you know.
It's not just limited their either. Listen to Marvin Gaye's what's going on or NWA's straight outta compton. They weave a story of horrible injustices and social spite which you can't help but feel for youself. Alot of Kanye West and Evanessence is doused in emotion. Even country, with all of it's boozing and nascar references can put out a gem such as Johny Cash's posthumous cover of Hurt. The song is incredible, and you know what the man was feeling because he put his all into that record. Real music comes from the soul, that is the only place it can come from, so to pigeon hold it to just 70/80's rock is wrong. anything you can connect and relate to is real music, and more often than not, great music. i suppose i disagree with that statement then.  

Smokey5000

Dapper Genius

Silly Pudding

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:48 pm
Just for peoples info, these statements aren't my own ninja just statements I hear other people...state confused

I myself agree half though. The music back in those days was better than most of the music now. Just look at the top 10 of all times. Classic Rock is always in the top 10. But now there are also great songs.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:43 pm
If you ask me then the current music that is the more 'popular' music that's heard on the radios is, for the most part, quite simply worthless. It's the music that's lesser known that is the best. Which is sad, I think. But anyway if twas the greatest music ever that was made back then then what would be the point of ever trying to make new music if you knew it would just pale in comparison.  

seragnel

EmOneGarand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:23 pm
seragnel
If you ask me then the current music that is the more 'popular' music that's heard on the radios is, for the most part, quite simply worthless. It's the music that's lesser known that is the best. Which is sad, I think. But anyway if twas the greatest music ever that was made back then then what would be the point of ever trying to make new music if you knew it would just pale in comparison.

Indie is better then Mainstream because it's more for the music then it is for the money.. mainstream music lacks meaning in it's music and lyrics  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:24 pm
elryck
seragnel

Indie is better then Mainstream because it's more for the music then it is for the money.. mainstream music lacks meaning in it's music and lyrics

Exactly kind sir. Exactly what I means.  

seragnel

+migurushii+

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:34 pm
Utada Hikaru- "Addicted To You" .... 3nodding heart

( I like any kind of music, but techno and J-pop is sorta my thing) whee  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:44 am
Greenday~"Boulevard Of Broken Dreams."

Its ok that I like them, I listened to them when they were underground. ;]

Count-BlahX

Kaji Akei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:50 am
Count-Blah
Greenday~"Boulevard Of Broken Dreams."

Its ok that I like them, I listened to them when they were underground. ;]
Me too ;o

I disagree, All ages of music has that couple of songs that make you go 'wow' there is no one age of music

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:13 am
I've been addicted to FF7 and FF8 mp3's lately confused If I could I'd buy the OST's  

Silly Pudding

seragnel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:44 am
Mistress of the Dark
I've been addicted to FF7 and FF8 mp3's lately confused If I could I'd buy the OST's

Tis nice how far game music has come. I was just listening to my Xenosaga 2 soundtrack and was a bit surprised just how nice of music it was.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:39 am
seragnel
Mistress of the Dark

Tis nice how far game music has come. I was just listening to my Xenosaga 2 soundtrack and was a bit surprised just how nice of music it was.
AGREE! FF8 I love! blaugh Faye Wong-"Eyes on Me" heart domokun  

+migurushii+

Silly Pudding

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:03 am
+migurushii+
seragnel
Mistress of the Dark

AGREE! FF8 I love! blaugh Faye Wong-"Eyes on Me" heart domokun
I enjoy the music from Edea's parade more 3nodding Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:18 am
I'm stuck on the halo 2 soundtrack, only game thats had me addicted this long gonk  

Lazlow-Kun

Scissorman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:29 am
Let's see. I like some Slipknot, Atreyu, some Thurday, some Mars Volta, Led Zeppilin, Van Halen, and Rolling Stones. 3nodding Oh and @#$% Metallica. scream They suck plus they ruined Napster for everyone. 3nodding  
Adults 18 and Older : Exclusive!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff