Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Questions, Questions, Questions. Answers too! o.o Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gollllld
  CHEESE!!! ((with a little MMB))
View Results

Noriko_Mimura

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:31 pm
So what exactly is "ska style"? (however you want to say that...) I mean, obviously there's checkers and plaid... but what of argyle?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:17 pm
Well really, its not about patterns so much as styles of clothing. The classic 2-Tone look for guys would be a two-piece suit with either a 2 or 3 button jacket. Also, slightly flooding pants are good. For shoes you want either loafers or boots (i.e. docs) or something along those lines. Thin ties and pork-pie hats are also important. Also Ben Sherman or Fred Perry shirts under the suit are preferred..... in some magazine i got a while back it actually had a guide to 2-Tne style... ill try and hunt it down and post it.... it also had a small section on girls fashion if im not mistaken... cuz right now im drawing a blank.....
Pretty much just look at pictures of all the clasic bands and there you go.

Checkerboard itself got associated with ska because of all the old 2-Tone records and the art design they used. Plaid and to a lesser extent argyle jsut got involved because of how often the style of clothes mentioned above were made in those patterns.... I'm half talking out of my a** so ill shut up before I say anything REALLY stupid.  

DarkVice

Leveller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:34 pm
are you talking about mojos special magasine about 2-tone? it's a good magasine!
and you summed up the clothing pretty good, though I would say, ther's no "real" ska outfit.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:09 pm
About the "what makes ska ska" thing.
Does it really even matter?
If you like the music, you shouldn't worry about whether it's ska or not.
-shrugs-
And uhh I'm not sure about ska-style.
Third wave doesn't really have a style besides OMFGCHECKERS.
Wear whatcha want. 3nodding  

Asthen

DarkVice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:51 am
Leveller
are you talking about mojos special magasine about 2-tone? it's a good magasine!
and you summed up the clothing pretty good, though I would say, ther's no "real" ska outfit.

Hahaha... exactly... its somewhere in my room... i Just haven't had time to find it.
But yeah, really there is no "SKA STYLE" and if there was.... that would suck....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:03 am
yeah...you can't dress to be ska...or how you should say it!
But if one wanna dress "ska" look at the ol' Rudies and Skinheads.  

Leveller

Farnoosh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:08 pm
Personally....
I think that since we don't like emos' that we would choose to wear colours.
There REALLY is no specific ska-style, but I'd say that we dressin bright colours and a lot of knee length skirts.
I have some rude-boys in my school and since I look like a rude-girl, they have recently asking me about it.
So skirts all the way.
Oh yeah, and off a site I saw, they said that rudegirls wear elbow length tops.
^^

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:59 am
User Image
that's like the best pic of a rude girl I could find!

Quote:
but I'd say that we dressin bright colours and a lot of knee length skirts.

I would rather wear jeans or sta-pressed! ( xd )
I should try to scan the articel on "how you dress rude" from Mojos ska magasine  

Leveller

Farnoosh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:59 am
Leveller
User Image
that's like the best pic of a rude girl I could find!

Quote:
but I'd say that we dressin bright colours and a lot of knee length skirts.

I would rather wear jeans or sta-pressed! ( xd )
I should try to scan the articel on "how you dress rude" from Mojos ska magasine
xDD
Gooood one!
*high fives*
But for guysssss ((xD))
It would be like.... jeans or fancy-ish pants like... non-jeans? >=
And they would also wear bright t-shirts.
With suit jackets!
Mmmm, suit jackets.
=____=

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:02 am
why does it matter how you dress? if your into ska for the fashion ******** you, its all about the heart i dont dress "rude" but i have the heart of a rudie and thats what counts  

AnonymousJoe

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:43 am
Personally, I agree with AnonymousJoe, but as Rudies we do have a certain style. I mean, when you see a dude in a suit top, with a bright dress shirt, and some nice lookin' pants, you normally think "Hey, a rude boy.". And rude girls have the same sort of thing. That English Beat picture is pretty much what I see when I think "Rude Girl", maybe not the exact hair style but still. No, it's not 100% about the style.

But we like to look cool while we do, what we do.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:17 am
AnonymousJoe
why does it matter how you dress? if your into ska for the fashion ******** you, its all about the heart i dont dress "rude" but i have the heart of a rudie and thats what counts
Yeah I know that.
I love ska, but you know, rudies don't want to be known as a "punk" or "emo" or "goth".
We want to be known for loving ska music.
And what better way to show it then dressing to the music we love to listen to?

Farnoosh

Leveller

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:03 pm
well I always associated Ska with dressing sharp, clean and nice!

so this is how I dress up for ska-shows or when I go out to a club.

I don't care how any one else dress, just that if you wanna dress rude, then I think you should keep it clean.

but then again, ska is music not a fashion...you can't dress "ska" but you can dress "rude".
so, shall we move on with another question now?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:16 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Elleyea

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Asthen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:23 pm
Actually, the true "rudies" are either really old or dead.
And they were gangsters. So yeahhh.
That being cleared up..
Why is everyone so worried about the style?
Wear what you want to wear.
If other people have the same sense of style as you, lookit that, another "rude style" is born.
I hate people who think they have to abide by this strict set of rules, no matter if they want to be emo, ska or what have you.
Just my opinion.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces