Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
"with Cream & Sugar" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:19 pm
slave to my artistry
Ah, yeah, I know cereal and PB&J's are exactly the best of choices. xD But I'm snowed in right now, so I just eat what's available to me, with the least amount of calories. I don't even have all that much fruit available to me! eek I just snack on a couple of almonds.

By the way, are you successful with that eating plan? Because as much as I want to eat eggs and yogurt, I keep thinking about the calories! Gah.

Errr eggs have 65 cals around about each, and a 150g potof low fat fruit yoghurt has around 78; so about 144 cals in total. A peanut butter sandwich, using 1 slice white bread, 20g regular peanut butter, 1 tbsp of jam is around 252 calories. PLUS the egg and yoghurt give you 13g of protein, which keeps you full longer and ive read (but not confirmed lol) takes more calories to digest. Your sandwich gives you 7g of protein. The sandwich has 11g of fat, the egg and yoghurt combined have 4g.

Its not just about calories- nutrition is very very important. I cannot stress it enough. If you getting your calories from less healthy places then you arent going to be feeling great, exercise is going to be hard, and it can affect your mood- i know it does for me.

If you are worried about calories almonds arent a smart choice either smile just like Divash said.

Have I been successful on this plan? I have. This plan adds up to be the lowest calorie plan I have done so far (like I said, at the end of my journey now and having a healthy BMI means its harder to get those last few kg off) but with variations of this, starting out eating much more (pleasee dont jump into just eating this, that would not be healthy) I have lost 23.8kg, or 52 pounds.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:17 am
Divash
slave to my artistry
...I just snack on a couple of almonds.

...as much as I want to eat eggs and yogurt, I keep thinking about the calories! Gah.

Nuts are very healthy, but very fatty, so eat them in moderation, such as in small amounts as a salad topper.

One of the reasons Weight Watchers worked so well for me was the Points that they assign to everything, based on the number of calories, grams of fat, and grams of fiber that each food contains. Fourteen almonds is four Points on the Weight Watchers point-scale; two whole eggs are also four points. Both contain some protein, but eggs contain more, and will fill you up faster so you don't eat as much. If you join WW for even just the minimum 12 weeks to get the literature and materials (which are INCREDIBLY helpful, especially the Dining Out Guide and the Points Calculator), what you'll learn there will really help you assess what you're actually eating, so you can make smarter choices for yourself.

I was looking at the Weight Watchers point system, and does sound brilliant and helpful; however, the price is a bit hefty. I am really interested in the program, but I'm going to see how much my textbooks for my four classes will cost for this semester  

slave to my artistry

slave to my artistry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:33 am
Iconised Ghost

Errr eggs have 65 cals around about each, and a 150g potof low fat fruit yoghurt has around 78; so about 144 cals in total. A peanut butter sandwich, using 1 slice white bread, 20g regular peanut butter, 1 tbsp of jam is around 252 calories. PLUS the egg and yoghurt give you 13g of protein, which keeps you full longer and ive read (but not confirmed lol) takes more calories to digest. Your sandwich gives you 7g of protein. The sandwich has 11g of fat, the egg and yoghurt combined have 4g.

Its not just about calories- nutrition is very very important. I cannot stress it enough. If you getting your calories from less healthy places then you arent going to be feeling great, exercise is going to be hard, and it can affect your mood- i know it does for me.

If you are worried about calories almonds arent a smart choice either smile just like Divash said.

Have I been successful on this plan? I have. This plan adds up to be the lowest calorie plan I have done so far (like I said, at the end of my journey now and having a healthy BMI means its harder to get those last few kg off) but with variations of this, starting out eating much more (pleasee dont jump into just eating this, that would not be healthy) I have lost 23.8kg, or 52 pounds.

Thanks for the input/advice! I didn't realize that eggs were so low in calories; growing up my family would tell me that eggs were unhealthy (probably because I would eat them twice a day).

I was looking at some articles in my school database that they opened to us, and I found an article observing the effectiveness of eggs in weight loss programs, and it's was quite stunning. I'll definitely be getting eggs into my diets for now on. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:37 am
Dec 30th @ 8:36am

Ate two hard boiled eggs at 7:40. Also had less-than-a-cup of black coffee, sugarless and cream-less.

Breakfast
Two hard-boiled eggs.
Pure black coffee.

Dec 30th @ 11:19am

Ate 5 baby carrots an hour ago, and now I'm eating a few almonds to shut the stomach up before I walk to the store.

Dec 30th @ 1:37pm

Just got done walking back from the super market, which is 0.6 miles from my house (got some grapefruit, apples, and wheat bread). Like 35% of the 0.6 miles consisted of a hill of agony. -.-

Currently eating an apple for lunch.

Lunch
An apple.

Dec 30th @ 1:37pm

Ate a rib, a bit of rice, and a few small shrimps.

Dinner
Rib, rice, shrimp.  

slave to my artistry

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:26 pm
slave to my artistry
I was looking at the Weight Watchers point system, and does sound brilliant and helpful; however, the price is a bit hefty. I am really interested in the program, but I'm going to see how much my textbooks for my four classes will cost for this semester

The price isn't low, but you may be able to ameliorate it somewhat. First of all, some schools offer Weight Watchers as part of their student health programs. Look into getting your school to sponsor a WW group, if they don't already do so.

Secondly, my best friend is severely overweight (formerly morbidly obese, so there's been a lot of progress already, yay!), and her insurance company actually pays for her Weight Watchers membership because it's cheaper for them than paying out for eventual heart surgeries and other procedures that she would almost certainly need if she didn't lose the weight.

Finally, consider how much you'll spend on larger clothes ($10 to $50 more per garment, depending on your size, and no, I'm not kidding). How much you'll spend on junk food that you don't need. How much you'll spend on diabetic testing supplies, heart medications, joint pain analgesics, and other procedures and items associated with the problems that so often accompany excess physical baggage. The cost of therapy that you may want to get later, depending on how your weight affects your emotional wellbeing. Consider the good, healthy years you can add to your life just by being a healthy weight.

Not lookin' so expensive anymore, is it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:30 pm
slave to my artistry

I've been following both the old Flex Points system and the new Points Plus system on my own cause yeah... I'm too poor for membership fees.

If you're serious about wanting to try it, go to http://www.weightwatchers.com/freetrial. You will have to enter credit card information, but the funds won't be debited from your account unless you fail to cancel your account before the end of your trial period (one week). Use that week to learn about your daily points goal, the Good Health Guidelines, make notes for yourself, learn about activity points, etc. and then afterward you can follow the program on your own with the help of a spreadsheet. I can help you set up one, if you'd like, or I could share the spreadsheet template I use for myself.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

slave to my artistry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:43 pm
A lot of good points; I didn't realize there was a free trial for it. I'll check it out when I get a chance, thanks a lot guys. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:48 pm
Dec 30th @ 8:44pm

I was busy for most of the day, so I'll just lay it out.

Breakfast
Two hard boiled eggs.

... Two hours later - A grape fruit.

Lunch
Special K w/ Almonds, 2% milk.

... Ran on the treadmill for an hour; 3.37 miles.

... Ate a pink lady apple.

Dinner
Fried eggs w/ white rice.
Glass of milk

slave to my artistry

slave to my artistry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:14 am
Dec 30th @ 8:36am

Ate two hard boiled eggs; and I'm also working on this 20oz pure black coffee that I have been working on for the last two days.

Breakfast
Two hard-boiled eggs.
Pure black coffee.

Dec 30th @ 6:29pm

Another busy day.

Lunch
Special K Cereal w/ Almonds.
An apple.

Ran 3.37 miles in an hour.

Dinner
Healthy Choice - Chicken Noodle Soup
Glass of milk.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:28 pm
You're not eating a whole lot of food. Granted, you're not posting the amount of cereal you eat, but still, it looks like you've gone from too much food to too little food. Remember that too little is just as bad as too much, especially if you're going to be running multiple miles each day.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

slave to my artistry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:38 am
Jan 15th @ 2:21pm

It's been a while; been too busy with school and all. But. I stuck with my diet, which I am VERY proud of, since I almost always break my diet and workout plans within the first few weeks of school (lack of time, stomach growling in class, etc). But anyways, just going to update my blog really fast. Here's how I've been basically eating everyday.

Breakfast @ usually between 7am-8am
Two hard boiled eggs.
*on M/W/F, I eat one hard boiled egg before my 9am class, and another one before my 11am class.*

Lunch @ usually between 10am-1pm
Special K Cereal w/ fat free milk.

Snack @ usually between 2pm-4pm
An apple or grapefruit.

Dinner @ usually between 5pm-7pm
Usually varies. If my brother isn't making anything, I would get some sort of canned food, which often turns out to be Hormel's Chili with Beans or Chicken Noodle Soup.

------

As for exercising; I have NOT been running on the treadmill everyday. My treadmill is fairly cheap, thus is didn't come with one of those book holders so I can't study on the contraption. Thus, here's the type of exercise I've been getting. Not very intense, as I usually do only one of the following a day.

1) I run on the treadmill at least twice a week for 30-60 minutes.

2) Once a week I would walk to the supermarket for apples, milk, etc, which is 0.66 miles from my house.

3) I've been shoveling lately for both of my neighbors.

4) It's only been three times, but, I've been walking to Pearle Vision, which is 0.8 miles from my house.

5) When I go to school, I park in the farthest parking lot so I can walk more.

6) I lift weight 2-3 times a week.

-----

As a result, I'm down from 225lbs to 216lbs, so I'm getting there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:24 am
Wow, that's great! Good job on losing the weight and it seems like you still exercise a lot. Keep it up! biggrin  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:28 pm
Watch the chocesterol in eggs.
1 egg with yolk is over 60% of the daily recommended intake of cholesterol.

Eat some vegetables!  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces