Official Vocalist Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CAROL_LOVE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:18 pm
MeiYanohi
Heya, I'm new around this guild... and I didn't see any thread for vocalists! Singing is my passion. I can sing alto, mezzo, and soprano ranges, and I enjoy singing jazz, gospel (although I am not religious), and R&B style music the most. I enjoy all genres of music as long as it is quality, from Christina Aguilera to Nelly Furtado to Johnny Cash to Utada Hikaru to Missy Elliot to Incubus. you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo coollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll i wishi was u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am psyched because I just got the female lead in my musical, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (I'm a narrator). Yay! xd Hopefully I will get off the ground with my desire to sing at open mic nights in clubs around the area... I would be in a band, but I don't know any musicians who are of a high enough caliber for me. crying

Share your vocal experiences and your vocal dreams here, I'd love to hear about them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:34 am
Why is there an official thing for everything? why not just a normal thread for everything?

I can only sing backup, i need someone with the main idea since im playing lead, have to balance both.  

CRIMSONSHRAPNEL

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:02 pm
CRIMSONSHRAPNEL
Why is there an official thing for everything? why not just a normal thread for everything?

I can only sing backup, i need someone with the main idea since im playing lead, have to balance both.

My idea to keep it organized xp so that people dont have ten copies of the same thread  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:10 pm
~ HKC Guardian Angel ~
i sing too... but i dont think im professional enough to be called a vocalist sweatdrop

We're all loser amatuers heart  

The Lovely Miss Melanie

drspoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:45 am
i pretty much sing backup....lol, i dont really sing much, but i tend to be better at singing in the *punk style* that you hear nowdays  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:11 pm
um... i'm in dire need on professional training, but i sing choral stuff... i'm capable of stylized, but i LOVE opera. LOVE IT. i'm a mezzo, but i just discovered my lower range about 4 days ago at honor choir.. that was cool. but yes, i LOVE choral stuff, everyone drool over mozat (i, too love him) but HASSE is fantabulous! his Miserere is, like, wow...  

sirenaria

Elmire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:31 am
what can i say, except that singing is my passion.

ive never had professional training, but ive sung all around the world, including an aria in a world premiere opera in France. ive sung in very prestigious choirs all of my life, giving me the chance to sing in Carnegie Hall, tour the US and Europe. my range spans over 4 octaves, but i sing soprano almost all of the time. im hoping to major in music when i go to college this upcoming year and become a choral director. ive been so lucky and fortunate during my life to have all of these awesome opportunities that i want to give other kids that chance. some say i should become a recording artist because i would make it, but i really think that conducting is where my heart is. im scared to jump into it, but i know it will be worthwhile.

i like to sing almost anything in my spare time, except for rap... it bores me. any other aspiring conductors? go ahead and PM me or something. i dont bite... hard whee  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:15 am
Wow.. there sure is some talent on Gaia. I've sung professionally since I was a kid.. doing wedding songs when I was 6 or 7, then moving on to Professional Theatre (Musicals only, really). I've had YEARS of vocal lessons - classical training as well as jazz and blues. I'm 25 now, but while in HS I made All-Region Choir and was in a Madrigal group.

I hear all of you Sopranos out there wishing they were Altos.. I had a real hard time *forgetting* all the training I've had so that I can sing some rough stuff... So I took up smoking to get a Janis Jopin rasp. lol.. I don't recommend smoking, but it sure put an edge on my voice. I can still clean it up, though. There is nothing worse than hearing someone singing Janis or something and ANNUNCIATING all the VOWELS properly. smile

Lately I have been working on Evanecense songs.. My Immortal and Bring me to Life. Boy do I admire Amy Lee now! The first time I sang Bring me to life, I couldn't talk the next day. It requires so much force and LOOONNNGG phrases... but I'm rocking it now just fine. smile  

lilmzcantbewrong

Takura Clearwater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:23 am
Since I was about 5, I've been singing professionally, from choirs to the two music groups I am in now. I've done opening acts for artists who come to North Carolina for charity events, and I was even admitted into the North Carolina Boys Choir at the age of 10. I'm releasing a CD in NC with a group at school, which I'll be singing a couple of tracks on...

I have sung songs ranging from the 30's till Present trends, in that including just about every genre I've put my hands on. I listen to rock(every kind), country, jazz, techno, and soul, but it doesn't matter what genre it is, because I'll try to sing it, even if it's WAY too high. I range from a baritone to a mid-alto, so I sing songs that go in my range (From "My Girl (Temptations)" to "Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)". "Let Me Love You (Mario)" to "Superman (Five for Fighting)" ). I never publically sing a song that I can't hit every note accordingly, but I do however NEVER sing the songs that I CAN hit every note accordingly at home (in the shower, walking around, etc.) It's fun. If you have any recordings of yourself singing, why dont we post them on here? I don't have access to my stuff on a CD or anything right now...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:24 am
Last post makes me think of the little I saw of Jessica Simpsons Newlyweds show.. it showed Ashley not quite making it through "la la" at the Orange Bowl, then it cut to Jessica saying "She's doing really well... I can't believe she's hitting all the notes!" Umm.. c'mon now.. I don't like artists that can't hit the right notes without "technical assistance" in the studio.. Remember the 4 Non Blondes "What's up?".. Julianna left crying during a live Mtv broadcast because she messed up so badly.

The little bit of outside performing I do (5 year olds tend to keep you home) I will push my limits with difficult songs where phrasing and breath is a major factor along with pitch and strength. (Try Evanescense "Bring Me to Life or My Immortal" Make sure you breathe/gasp!) BUT... I will not go out and sing something that I am not confident with... I have just started singing "The Game of Love" from Michelle Branch/Santana. That one note always sneaks up on me and and I end up in a falsetto rather than simply hitting the note naturally. Needless to say, that one won't be heard outside of my house right now!  

lilmzcantbewrong

Lady_Conspiracy

Lucky Rogue

14,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Knight of Flurries 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pm
I love singing more then anything, but im really shy about it now for some reason, I don't like singing around even my friends now, I don't want to get made fun of cause all my friends that sing are sopranos and have high voices where mine is alto. It can be a little embaressing when everyone expects me to have a high pitched smaller voice when I have a big one. I'm small so most people expect my voice to be small too... not going to happen, it's like my sneeze, i hate it cause most people think im going to die.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:18 am
i have a limited ranged, i mainly sing low, i know my voice matches, in tone and pitch to that of Freddy Mercury, Anastacia, Christine MacVie, and meatloaf. i love the old rock operea sounds, and pop rock of the 70's and 80's  

chovihani

butterflygrl1000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:14 pm
I am currently a soprano 2 but can go from like a low E to a high A. so that's like over 2 octaves. My teacher is great. She teaches voice qualities, theory, history compulsory figures, sight singing, and whatever else!!!!! Our school is very deprived of music so she does it all from the beginning but now we're really good. She's retiring next year.... cry  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:48 pm
I got a 1- at state Solo and Ensemble today for a solo called "Now Sleeps the Crimson Petal." I don't really know whether that's good or not, though. I thought I did quite a bit better than the two people right after me, but they got the same score as I did. neutral I'm a Baritone, and I live in a fairly musical family. I got some natural talent from my dad, who's in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, if anyone knows who that is.  

MrMcDoodles

Bastets Blessing

Eloquent Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:13 pm
I can sing soprano. 3nodding

Sometimes opera, if my voice will allow it.

The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff